Consept

The World is not as bad as you think it is

47 posts in this topic

So what are you going to do about it? Argue against change? The world is better now than before - subjectively.

Not only that, but you don't know what the world will be like in the future, which we have more of left before the universe ends than the past.

44 minutes ago, tenta said:

So what are you going to do about it? Argue against change? The world is better now than before - subjectively.

Not only that, but you don't know what the world will be like in the future, which we have more of left before the universe ends than the past.

Ok so do you think there was a better time in history for humanity as a whole, or a time you wouldve rather have been born? 

I dont know what the world would be like in the future and of course it continuing to get better relies on constant change. My point was was that we should take stock of where we are now compared to the past instead of living in fear constantly. 

1 hour ago, Consept said:

@DrewNows I was being a bit sarcastic lol but always love anyway ??

Hehehe hey don’t forget who creates the requirements for holding specific perspectives/realities 

1 hour ago, Keyhole said:

In first world countries it isn't so bad, but in many places in the world those people live miserable lives.
We get to live in bubbles away from them for the most part, but they're dying in horrible ways every day.

About 8 years ago, there was this homeless guy walking around groaning with a rotting leg, I asked my father what was happening and he explained that this person was dying.
Facebook has, without my permission btw, given me pictures of animals being beaten to death, children and parents dying in wars, terrified, confused, innocent.
Disease, war, famine, murder, it is still very much a part of our world.

I don't want to think it is less terrible than it is and would prefer to think it more terrible, lest everything and everyone that has suffered not get a voice for their suffering, it just feels wrong.

No ones saying to stay in a comfort bubble, theres lots of bad stuff happening in the world and my intent is not to deny that but to be grateful and have perspective of how far we've come. The trajectory is toward positive development, that doesnt mean get complacent or ignore suffering but dont dwell within fear that things are terrible and always getting worse. Even within the developing world things are improving - https://www.vox.com/2014/11/24/7272929/global-poverty-health-crime-literacy-good-news

Raising consciousness means looking at things from a more complete perspective and i think because of survival instincts and bad habits we loose the full perspective and only focus on negative, all im saying is its far from the whole picture

My stance isnt fixed and nothing is as simple as good or bad, so i acknowledge what you could call good and bad things happen in the world. My point is that we all tend to focus on negative things which creates a reality that seems terrible when the truth of now is that its not as bad as we 'think' its just the positive side of perception is overlooked. 

To answer your question im not trying to hold on to a belief that the world is always amazing, im just trying to look at the whole thing. If a major disaster happened then i will feel how i feel in that moment i wouldnt ignore it. But humans always have a drive toward growth so if something terrible happened there would still be growth toward something better.

What would you say is an accurate perception on the worlds progression at the moment?

See definition: gaslighting 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@Keyhole we all have a fear response within us, which was and still is necessary for survival. It sees the world through this perspective because its one mission is to survive, it doesn't really care about truth.

So yes this feels real, but is it the whole truth? not really. As humans we live in uncertainty, that something swift and world destroying can happen at any time, but that will always be the case, there's no getting away from that. It's easy to get attached to this perspective because it can be the loudest in our heads. Alan Watts said something like it's like if you mistook your security system for yourself. 

The question is what serves you and humans as a collective more, fear and uncertainty or love and understanding? There maybe an argument that fear can help motivate people to do things, and that's definitely true, but a lot of those things restrict growth and can have terrible outcomes (any war you can mention). Love and understanding can also be the absence of fear, truly world changing for the better examples have happened in this paradigm. Those that have communicated to the masses have lived on forever, jesus, gahndi, budda etc. 

So what I'm saying here is that being fearful is not the way to improve and grow humanity. It's a restrictive emotion that is just a way to survive. That doesn't mean we can get rid of it but we can see it for what it is and we can put less importance on it. Granted media doesn't help, but we have little control over that, what we do have control over is ourselves (kind of) so at the very least we don't need to spread fear through faulty information and we need to work to raise our consciousness'. Revolution only comes from inside people, external revolution because of fear is usually regression.