WonderSeeker

Inspiring music

10 posts in this topic

Hi all! Lately I've been activating my life purpose and finding new ways to inspire and to get inspired. One way to be inspired is through some fresh, new music. This new song by one of my favorite musicians, Matt Bellamy, was was written about the pandemic and it's pretty moving (tears surfaced). 

In a social media post, Bellamy said, "This song captures my mood and feelings whilst in lockdown. I have been reminded of what really matters in life and have discovered growing optimism, appreciation, and hope for the future."

Feel free to share what songs inspire you!

@WonderSeeker I got a few to share, if that is OK with you! This is a great post, good on you for creating it. I will share them later on today...hopefully more people on here can get involved in this thread. :ph34r:

Thanks for sharing. I also like to listen to many inspiring songs.
One is /Dream It Possible/ which I also like very much.

I'll leave it at that for now, otherwise I could be posting another 10 or so songs lol!

@WonderSeeker  Neat Idea! :x  I´ve got a few that I like to listen to before I am working on my life purpose

I like to categorize my music tracks by their emotions they convey to me, so don´t be confused by the tags. haha xD

aspiring/empowering

Dreaming

Beauty

high culture

light

Mastery, struggle, joy, fighting the good fight

Fulfillment

This track from Olexandr Ignatov is my absolute favorite one

world changing, achievement

Heart of Courage right here is just mind-blowing. Just close your eyes and listen carefully, I bet you will be inspired haha

Good luck refueling your inspiration :P

I'm a music major, a huge fan of the progressive rock genre and King Crimson especially. Here are a few songs that I find particularly moving.

Absolutely otherworldly musicianship. If you are wondering what stage yellow/turquoise music might sound like, give "The ConstruKction of Light" a go. If you want some more context and really understand what is going on, there is a great analysis available: http://www.andrewkeeling.co.uk/Keeling-TheConstruKctionOfLight.html If you're into self-actualization, some of the concepts should seem familiar to you. Here's a quote from the paper to illustrate what I mean:

"The instrumental pieces stand as landmarks leading us from one psychological state into another, until they are reached where, then, an objectivity prevails. In this sense, the instrumental pieces objectify something which lies beyond purely human psychological states leading us as listeners, in Gurdjeffian terminology, to a different or 'awakened' mode of being. In Jungian terms, this might be termed as 'the call to individuation', or the realisation that the 'collective unconscious' underpins the world of the everyday. The original instrumental pieces 'Fracture' and 'Larks' II' were placed at the end of their respective works and served as climactic points in the structure. In TCOL the pieces 'FraKctured' and 'Larks IV' are positioned differently functioning, as we have seen, as important structural landmarks both musically, and for the purpose of 'objectifying' the pieces which come before and after them. As listeners we feel a sense of 'grace' shining through the spaces created by the instrumental pieces, which is difficult to to codify or verbalise."

And another:

"Gurdjieff makes the point in Ouspensky's 'In Search of the Miraculous' (Arkana, 1987), that Fourth Way schools differ from other schools in terms of being an impermanent way, and that they appear and disappear as if governed by laws which are not their own. Gurdjieff also says that the 'fourth way' has a work of a definite significance and when the work is complete the 'fourth way' disappears from the given place, in its given form, to reappear in another place and in another form. I suggest that King Crimson are such an undertaking, and part of the work of the Fourth Way. This might suggest that the music created is, somehow, conceived yet not conceived just by King Crimson and, in particular, Robert Fripp. The music shows itself to be multi-dimensional, highly unified and organised in many different ways and, as already stated, an example of 'objective art'."