Conscientious Anon

Why I Left Leo's Cult

35 posts in this topic

So if you've been following Leo's content for a while, you probably know that his highest teachings are Truth, Consciousness, Love, Oneness of everything, and the realization that everything is God. Leo teaches that all hierarchies, dualities and distinctions will collapse "as they must" so that all becomes One. However and in so doing, Leo contradicts himself and unwittingly creates distinctions when he talks about Truth as opposed to Falsehood, Consciousness as opposed to the Lack of Consciousness or Unconsciousness, Love as opposed to the Lack Thereof or Evil, God as opposed to the Devil and so on.  But I know Leo will deny this and say that Truth and Falsehood are one and the same(even though they are NOT!), that Consciousness is the same as Unconsciousness, that Love and Evil are One or maybe that Evil doesn't even exist and that it's all Love, and that God and Devil are one!

My point is that Leo seems to have blurred everything together which I think is very dangerous because distinctions are important and have always been in our evolution as species and as a human civilization. Therefore, I cannot, in good conscience, continue to believe in this cult's teachings. Leo if you're reading this, I dare you to not delete this and prove me wrong.

So much delusion.

Good luck on your path dude. Leo, actualized.org, this “cult” is all in your imagination. The truth lies within, Id go there. 

@Dand Yes a well-detailed video won't do shit because I've seen enough of this enlightenment and nonduality crap. These new age ideas fucked with my mind so hard that I will probably need years to unlearn them..

5 minutes ago, Conscientious Anon said:

@Dand Yes a well-detailed video won't do shit because I've seen enough of this enlightenment and nonduality crap. These new age ideas fucked with my mind so hard that I will probably need years to unlearn them..

Instead of coping, observing, being aligned with the new paradigms, concepts and environment; you wanna go back into the toxic womb where you were abruptly brought out from.

Good luck with that.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Conscientious Anon you should not take everything he says literally, also what he teaches is definitely very outrageous and can't work until you think for yourself, that's why the disclaimer in the start of video. Content really plays heavily with your beliefs and assumptions. Maybe you need a break or a different path, which sync better with you. 

@Conscientious Anon

You are misunderstanding the teachings.

At the absolute level, there is only Truth, Love, Consciousness etc. There is no falsehood, or evil, or unconsciousness

At the relative level you can create dualities to understand yourself as God.

Language is inherently dualistic. You cannot communicate these truths through language, but you can point to practices and techniques that will help you understand if you do them.

This work is not about belief. It is about experiencing for yourself. If you are believing any teaching on blind faith you are down the wrong path. None of Leo's teachings should be believed, they should be taken on as a hypothesis, an experience that may be possible, but you don't know unless you see for yourself.

Edited by Cepzeu

Something might be cultish but not necessary a cult. My opinion is that Leo fell in his own trap and in one of his latest video's he said he was going to stop after 30 days of 5 MeO DMT or something.  I agree that there is not a lot of room for people who don't understand things. You can still stick around and learn from the external resources if you don't agree with Leo.

36 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Instead of coping, observing, being aligned with the new paradigms, concepts and environment; you wanna go back into the toxic womb where you were abruptly brought out from.

@Preetom I was blissfully ignorant of these paradigms. I blame my open-mindedness and my mental vulnerability to the shit that I didn't have the necessary critical tools to reject.

1 hour ago, Conscientious Anon said:

So if you've been following Leo's content for a while, you probably know that his highest teachings are Truth, Consciousness, Love, Oneness of everything, and the realization that everything is God. Leo teaches that all hierarchies, dualities and distinctions will collapse "as they must" so that all becomes One. However and in so doing, Leo contradicts himself and unwittingly creates distinctions when he talks about Truth as opposed to Falsehood, Consciousness as opposed to the Lack of Consciousness or Unconsciousness, Love as opposed to the Lack Thereof or Evil, God as opposed to the Devil and so on.  But I know Leo will deny this and say that Truth and Falsehood are one and the same(even though they are NOT!), that Consciousness is the same as Unconsciousness, that Love and Evil are One or maybe that Evil doesn't even exist and that it's all Love, and that God and Devil are one!

My point is that Leo seems to have blurred everything together which I think is very dangerous because distinctions are important and have always been in our evolution as species and as a human civilization. Therefore, I cannot, in good conscience, continue to believe in this cult's teachings. Leo if you're reading this, I dare you to not delete this and prove me wrong.

It seems that way IF you just look at the pointers alone.

Yes he contradicts himself, is illogical, irrational and retarded on the pointer level.

But everything he says is an illusion, and it will all start to make sense IF you have the wisdom to meditate and look within.

But judging by your comments you're not there yet.

So go enjoy life and fuck Leo off. Go make a business, have sex, and fuck all this enlightenment stuff off until you come off of your senses.

@Conscientious Anon

57 minutes ago, Conscientious Anon said:

I've been through similar in the past. I even had a few moments of strong disagreements, emotionally and preferentially, with Leo and a few that work for him. While the website is evolving towards now teaching the truth, consciousness, love God, and infinity at radical levels, sometimes through and not limited to psychedelics, this is still a basic self-help website that still has enough juice to squeeze out. If you need the break, take the break from this place, and address your life problems first and focus on actualization. Once you've done enough of that, come back here and do some more work on other resources, or spirituality. Kinda like a pendulum going further forward each swing. I hope this helps, and good luck with life.

38 minutes ago, Amit said:

you should not take everything he says literally, also what he teaches is definitely very outrageous and can't work until you think for yourself, that's why the disclaimer in the start of video. Content really plays heavily with your beliefs and assumptions. Maybe you need a break or a different path, which sync better with you. 

@Amit What I need is the ultimate truth and all I have is confusion and nagging doubts.

2 minutes ago, Conscientious Anon said:

@Preetom I was blissfully ignorant of these paradigms. I blame my open-mindedness and my mental vulnerability to the shit that I didn't have the necessary critical tools to reject.

Do you think it is impossible to have both open-mindedness and a healthy sense of scepticism? In my opinion you need both.

Why not try 5 Meo DMT first and then come here tell us if this a cult's teachings.

1 minute ago, Conscientious Anon said:

@Amit What I need is the ultimate truth and all I have is confusion and nagging doubts.

We all have, at times. Mental clearity is achieved through opening up to confusion and nagging doubts and feel them fully. Many people disown their own confusion and doubt, and thereby it controls their lifes more than they are willing to admit. Much better to own it :-)

@Conscientious Anon @Conscientious Anon you have taken more than you can digest. You need to do the hard work aka practices which leo also teaches in his videos, maybe you like to read some books from his booklist or find some stuff on your own about the spiritual practices he preached. Without that, anyone will get confused. Also the stuff being deep and heavy needs you to devote so much time. Definitely not an easy task, I will advice you to take a break at this point, do some practices, a Vipassana retreat will be fantastic, you need to experience it for yourself, just listening to him will end up confusing you. 

I think this forum is the closest thing you'll find to "Leo's cult", and looks like you're still here @Conscientious Anon ;)

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

2 hours ago, Conscientious Anon said:

I dare you to not delete this and prove me wrong.

You’ve got it backwards. It is not the responsibility of someone else to prove something to you. The responsibility is yours and yours alone. This is about self experimentation, self inquiry and self introspection. You cannot put the burden on another. You must do the practice yourself. 

If you want realizations you will need to clear out the clutter in you mind to allow space for transformation. This will involve taking a hard look at beliefs, attachments and self identity. It will  also involve a mind that is genuine and curious.

In addition to amazing discoveries and experiences, there is also the difficult process of surrendering  letting go. Through this process there is deepening, expansion and liberation. Yet it certainly has it’s thorns. 

Each paragraph above describes features of stages that are commonly chronological. Yet they overlap and are not always linear. 

I hope you seize this opportunity and are able to change your orientation here and now. This will save you a lot of turmoil due to seeking within belief networks that lie within an elaborate self constructs. These are lens that create a house of mirrors. Yet unfortunately, a mind immersed this this house  and mesmerized by the mirrors will perceive it is real. 

30 minutes ago, Conscientious Anon said:

You 'needed' the ultimate truth and you got a conceptual delivary of it.

But it made things worse for you cause you never really wanted the ultimate truth. You wanted comfort, things going your way, cessation of the static angst and inability to be yourself- and the messages you received are all antithetical to those. So now you feel more broken 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''