Kshantivadin

Regrets having gone the spiritual path so early ( 20 years old)

31 posts in this topic

I'm going through the same thing. It's hard to be around friends gossiping about people who are obviously mentally ill and struggling. But some of the most important principles in this work are thinking for yourself and learning to use your MIND to judge how you should behave and what you want your life to become. There's absolutely nothing wrong with indulging in life while young, I'm 23 and just beginning to discover this stuff. Apply heavy doses of thinking for yourself and go slow, take your time. There's no rush!

Consciousness work allowed me to see through my own bullshit and allowed me to get even better on doing the self-actualization work. It's a quality of a self-actualized person to be able to live with paradoxes.

Why can't you do enlightenment work and bang some girls? What's wrong with having a badass job? Do you think Turquoise people don't have families? What are you going to do after enlightenment? Or you want to attain the rainbow-body and fuck that illusory shit?

Reality was already totally groundless before you realized it was totally groundless.

Edited by Espaim

Hey! I'm also twenty and have been on this path for ab 4 years rather seriously.

Remember, ignorance is NOT bliss.

If you feel like your spirituality is preventing you from enjoying mundane life then you are missing something in your practice.

There are 2 aspects of spiritual practice, both are important:

Wisdom: Knowing I am nothing.

Love: Knowing I am everything.

It sounds to me like you have too much wisdom and not enough love. I'd reccomend doing more self-love, compassion, forgiveness, and heart opening.

I find myself falling into the trap of too much wisdom and not enough compassion (it's a very common masculine trap). 

Try out some self-love meditations or heart openers. It's very easy to ignore these practices. Don't! They feel amazing.

Much love,

Adam

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

they say 3 jewels are master-sangha-dharma, doing it alone is hard, doing it alone as young is harder, when relationships are being build and going away from family,.. so find the others no

I feel too young to be going down this path too, but what do have to lose when I already lost it all.

8 minutes ago, WhatAWondefulWorld said:

I feel too young to be going down this path too, but what do have to lose when I already lost it all.

If you lost everything, you are free to do anything. Thats what happened to me . Lol

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

5 minutes ago, WhatAWondefulWorld said:

@James123 true,  but it's all pointless anyways. I think I'm just going to be a monk out in a cave.

Why is it pointless?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

On 07/05/2020 at 7:39 AM, Peo said:

This is why i have decided to do spirtuality after having a life purpose and i'm done going after girls. I have decided to go a different path and use maslow pyramide as a map. I have decided to satify my egoic survival stuff like money, passion, sex, relationship, confident and self self esteem before going for spirtuality.

You will never satisfy egoic survival. This is just the ego doing what is does best postponing it's own inevitable "death". Start now you wont regret it. You can live a balanced life with spirituality and worldly ambitions. Do it while you can you may not have any time or headspace when your supporting a family. 

Just distract your self for a while and relax. There is no hurry, you are God afterall. 

And, if you already have lived deep enlightenment experiences, they are not going anywhere lol. Its not like you will just forget what happened. Your soul has it recorded. You just have to recall your spiritual side by pure intention anytime you want and get back on track. 

Enjoy the illusion while it lasts. After enlightenment you will be too op. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link