Shark

Do you remember when in childhood you realised that one day you are going to die?

14 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I wanted to share a curious memory across which I came when doing some inner work:

- I must have been around 5 years old, in my bed and my father was reading some children book, I think.

- I don't know how, but somehow we got onto the subject of nuclear power plants and my dad said, if something goes wrong, they may explode and large area is affected.

- I remember very clearly, this was the first time a thought came up "Oh no, one day I will die :-("

- Childhood hasn't been the same after that.

- But see, there's a trick here. Even before this realisation, one illusion had already been installed, under the radar ...

- That is: I am an entity, born into material reality, travelling though time, whose existence started at birth/conception and will end at the time of death of this body. (Apparently I was growing up in an atheist family.)

- This illusion has not been questioned for a long long time, until a couple of years back, when I got into non-duality.

My question to you: Can you remember your childhood moment, "realizing" you are going to die one day?

Imagine when you realize you never had a childhood, and that you are never going to die. 

No, not remembering the exact moment, but I do remember weeks or months when I was scared of death when going to sleep.
Well, not exactly scared, but more like sad, that this life would one day come to an end. It was intensified when I turned the lights out.

Then, I learned that going to sleep in a pitch black room was not the only option and I stopped covering the windows with blinders.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I was just saying that if i will die, why i have to go to school tomorrow , for what? Lol

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

You are going to die stop all the non-sense.

Leo Gura will die one day.

And everyone else.

You can disociate with the body by associating with the God-head,but you will die.

You are an ego now and you can't get rid of it untill you die.

deal with it.

I'm open minded to everything, I know what you're talking about,but you don't have access to anything else than a body in this life,and you are the ego withing which will die.

Have any of you read "The Denial of Death"?

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Meta-Man okay read my minds or change the physical reality(the illusion of physical reality).

Tell me how many fingers I just raised,I'll wait.

Or heal someone idk.

Can you?

I dont remember ever being worried about dying myself, but I remember crying myself to sleep thinking how my family is going to be dead some day and they might be dead tomorrow.

@Meta-Man >>>I'm open minded to everything, I know what you're talking about,but you don't have access to anything else than a body in this life,and you are the ego withing which will die.

IF you have access to more conciouness than your ego's conciouness then tell me how many fingers I have raised.

Or tell me what will happen in the future,or something.

I don't know,levitate,change the psysical reality if you can and if you say that it is imaginary.

Can you?

Why not?

Is that because your conciouness is (as I said)..limited to your ego's conciouness?

I remember the day I found out santa clause doesn't exist haha

I guess an enlightened one will find out that he does infact exist along with all other mythical beings...haha

Was very fascinated with that question. Couldn't sleep whole week. Thinking how that non existance is. 

Was very logical to me. Really was scared. 

Questioned so many things as kid. Like real existential question. 

What is Conciousness, how I perceive, what is Universe. How I am able to move body etc. So many questions. Is there God. Where I was before birth. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

But it all stopped when I hurted wrist in my bathroom. ☺️

Horny dog>existential philosopher lol. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

7 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

But it all stopped when I hurted wrist in my bathroom. ☺️

Horny dog>existential philosopher lol. 

Hahahaha you killed me man so you're still a horny dog looking for that witch girlfriend after all

6 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Hahahaha you killed me man so you're still a horny dog looking for that witch girlfriend after all

Some things never change. ☺️