Tom T

What have been your top 3 struggles along the path towards enlightenment?

50 posts in this topic

What have been your top 3 struggles along the path towards enlightenment? 

More like post:

Suicidal tendency(very predominant dunno will I past through it, never had that before) 

Meaninglessness

Lack of motivation and desire for life complete one. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Pre enlightenment strong desire for life 

Post enlightenment mostly compassion and waiting it to end. 

suicidal depression

lack of motivation

fear of loss (pain of being unworthy)

Edited by No-Thing

To' whom and what' yeah so much easier when you don't know. Hope I won't jump from bridge one day. 

So much easier from position of a seeker or someone who wants to improve his/hers life. 

Enlightenment didn't made happy done the oposite. 

Was much happier before. 

@Meta-Man Oh boyo you will see why I said that. 

Whatever, doesn't matter. 

One true goal/desire left is that mahasamadhi Leo speaks about after this dream it's initial conditions stuff I had to go through etc. Not really interested in Dreaming anymore. Forcing myself in so many ways. That's radical honesty. 

Disorientation, confusion, ungroundedness, disconnect from the game and people in it. 

Hopelessness, loneliness, hell. 

Awakening can lead to hell or heaven. You get a glimpse of heaven, then you grap onto it, then you enter a state of searching for something else stronger than "normal" people have. A fall from grace into hell, a continuous conscious search for yourself, not an unconscious search like normal people have. Normal day to day life loses its meaning when you've seen yourself, you are now a character in a game looking for the screen.  

Edited by traveler

Awakening is not all sunshine and rainbows. 

It's aftermath and implications are probably most difficult stuff you will ever face in life. 

So develop yourself before even trying to go for it. Trust me on this. 

@Tom T cool thread! 

For me several things.

1. The endless narrative of the mind to “do do do” when all that is required is to BE.

2. The senselessness of human life. It’s fundamentally, meaningless but in essence it’s deepest meaning is that there is no meaning, so I guess that’s the liberation.

3. The inability to maintain higher states of consciousness due to being consumed by the miniature of everyday life. It seems as if a high states of consciousness are easily obscured but the responsibilities of everyday life, unless of course one has already liberated themselves.

Apart from this, life is utterly astounding and beautiful. I could not have been more fortunate to come across the depth and profundity that this work provides ?

Edited by Jacobsrw

-lonliness, there are barely any people within my social circle that i want to interact with.

-traumas filled life/childhood, i still need to do lots of basic stuff to heal from that.

-uncertainty, i don't know where God will leads me towards in life.

Loneliness 

Life is has no purpose or mean, just a game. Losing all your personal life purpose and personal feelings.

Having a non dual and dual perspective at the same time that makes you go crazy. In order to understand that you have to see your ego. 2 completely different you in the same time. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@zeroISinfinity

3 hours ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Awakening is not all sunshine and rainbows. 

It's aftermath and implications are probably most difficult stuff you will ever face in life. 

So develop yourself before even trying to go for it. Trust me on this. 

what implications make you not happy?

For me top 3 struggles:

Not grounded

idealism of happy mojo spirituality crushed with brutal raw spiritual reality

Feeling alone, not connected to others

Nevertheless, best decision of my life to go spiritual path. A lot of growing

This is only struggle for all...

"In Vedanta it is said that the mind makes a good servant but a poor master. The ego perpetually filters reality through language and labels, and is constantly judging. Preferring one thing over another. When the mind and senses are your master, they will create endless suffering, endless craving and aversion, locking us into the matrix of thinking"

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

My top 3 are:

Facing all the lies i've told others and myself most importantly

Unwilling to grow up and face the brutal reality of life

Realizing my potential is 100 times more than I thought (this is actually the scariest one because now I feel like I'm just wasting my time if I'm not actualizing it)

@OBEler

Never moved anywhere. 

Facing actual immortaility. 

Eternal Loneliness. 

That person who I beleived I was died and with it his desires motivations dreams and hopes for this life. 

Let me explain it better. Actual Awakening and this philosophical one are 2 completelly different things. 

Actual awakening is probably most amazing experience you will ever have and it will reveil everything to you but with extremly high cost. 

Your life is that cost. Actually not philosophically. 

@zeroISinfinity Why doesn't Jed say the same thing?

You say its rough and harsh, he said ite the best case scenario for life. 

Isnt he awakened too? I've never once heard him warn me of the stuff you speak about with enlightenment 

15 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Let me explain it better. Actual Awakening and this philosophical one are 2 completelly different things. 

Actual awakening is probably most amazing experience you will ever have and it will reveil everything to you but with extremly high cost. 

Your life is that cost. Actually not philosophically. 

I don't understand. You say this like there's something to lose, doesn't love continue to be love, this very infinite moment is love. How can you say there's a cost when all there ever truly is is freedom? 

But okay, let's see.

@zeroISinfinity

40 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

@OBEler

Never moved anywhere. 

Facing actual immortaility. 

Eternal Loneliness. 

That person who I beleived I was died and with it his desires motivations dreams and hopes for this life. 

can you explain further? Maybe see it from another perspective:

Never moved anywhere? Hmm 

facing immortality? but you as a human you are not immortal. You will die.

eternal loneliness? you are never alone, here are trillions of beings in this universe

your old person is gone? you are a new person now with new desires

Sounds you would undone this process of awakening 

Edited by OBEler

44 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@zeroISinfinity Why doesn't Jed say the same thing?

You say its rough and harsh, he said ite the best case scenario for life. 

Isnt he awakened too? I've never once heard him warn me of the stuff you speak about with enlightenment 

Well integrated probably never speaks about his struggles. He awoken long time ago. 

Leo baby, me baby with it. Shitload of traps. 

It is most advanced thing you can do in life. 

Absolute level of awakening will actually make you question everything. You do not know what insanity really is until you face it head on.

You will ask yourself some serious questions, existential ones not mundane ones. 

So what you want great life experience or Truth? 

Truth is very difficult to bare and continue living knowing it. You really have to be Robust and Strong. 

Leo doesn't lie to you in his videos can confirm that.