Salaam

For How Long Can You Hold The Void Or No-mind?

26 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2017 at 8:34 PM, Nahm said:

I am in non thinking all the time

It's amazing how much posting you do for someone who is non thinking all the time.

On 7/6/2017 at 9:33 AM, Nahm said:

I am in non thinking all the time. I had epiphanies for years, then revelations for years, then an explosion around 5 years ago. That pop never went away. The newness did, but not the difference. All other facets of me and my life adjusted to it. That took a while. I would describe my current thinking as engaging a thinking mechanism both effortlessly & purposefully. Engaging it is noticeable, whereas before, even after letting monkey mind go, it was closer or instantly assessable. Now it takes a second or two and I notice the inclusion of thinking in my awareness. The non thinking is still present and the thinking mechanism is within it. Like a lone type writer in a large room. For a long time I was reactional, then had the impulses but did not express reactions, now I don't have the impulses.  I also notice there is hardly any physical head / brain sensation. No stress reactions at all. When something "goes wrong", I know it's just part of something bigger going "right", and I'm happy to see that. There doesn't seem to be any "demands of attention and pressure". I love what I love to do, what I like to do, what I want to do, what I should do, what I need to do.  They're all worthwhile, just short to longer term growth in them. I have practiced daily meditation for 23 years. Self inquiry for about 27 yrs. Deep contemplation only in recent years. This has enhanced every facet of my life and everything I do I can do better than before and with much ease. Work wise, I have experienced myself 'rubbing off' or influencing others to the degree I have delegated all of what I used to think only I could do.  I would not describe this as in a void. It's quite opposite to me. Everything seems slower, richer, more agreeable, and as if time were not a factor, I appreciate more and have more fun. Asking if you can go in & out of "it" is like asking a 20 year old if he can be 8 again. It just doesn't work that way, but there is the memory as a relative point of reference, but all of my memories are visually distant & fuzzy, but at the same time they are more emotionally present. It's hard to give first hand experience because all facets of my life and inner work are in harmony and at peace with my current trajectory and growth. There's always an infinite amount more to learn and experience. That is thrilling to me. Btw, I know the average age here is much younger than me. So if anyone is reading this and on the fence about diving in to PD, Leo's LP course, and all things PD...do it. Start now. I see a lot of pain in people my age who didn't. That's pretty much everyone I know.  If you don't get started now, a day is going to come that you're going to be older and see it in someone who did. And it's going to be very, very hard to bear. I see that very often,  whatever people use as their excuse not to do PD; work, family, etc - they will deeply resent that person or people later in life, because they just don't know better.                       Like all things worthwhile - START YOUNG!

I feel for ya.  you take the piece of the cake yo !.  I am inspired by you now.  I must start.  it's now or never. This is exactly how I want to be. Exactly where I want to be on my path of actualization and spirituality.  

This is real growth. This is what It should feel like.  Happy for you.  

Thanks for posting this useful nugget of a post.  Golden indeed.  

I hope when I reach your age,  my experiences would be the same. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

On 7/8/2016 at 1:16 AM, Salaam said:

The Void, No Mind, Direct experience, pure focus or trance without thought...

Whatever you want to call it, how long can you hold it?

Can you do it outside of meditation practice in normal life with demands of attention and pressure?

What can you do or do you do while in the void?

Can you transition in and out of it with conscious directed thought, when you want to mentally organize yourself?

Please base your response on actual firsthand experience only, not what you think can or can't be done. Nor what you've read or heard from others.

On demand when the mind is not requiered. As long as the mind is not required. Which isnt that long as i do stuff during the day :P

While in the void, or being the void. There is nothing. Or the attention goes back to the mind (exit the void).

This in a sense is my default position from where i use my mind and ego as a tool. 

I recommend everyone to practice spending time in the void as a daily practes. :D

@SOUL Insulting denotes a low consciousness state. No wonder you think it's impossible. You're far from it. Don't believe me. :)  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@SOUL Insulting denotes a low consciousness state. No wonder you think it's impossible. You're far from it. Don't believe me. :)  

I was insulting? Did that idea come from the non thinking you do all the time? Yes, it definitely would be a belief to think one doesn't think.

I'm at peace with what is.