Monkey Mind

Just a honest feedback, Leo

36 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Natasha said:

@Monkey Mind Leo is not repeating it enough. Try 10,000 times to master something great.

repetition quote.jpg

This!

If you no longer find value in Leo's words, move onto someone else. Or just write your own thoughts and listen to yourself. Don't make it Leo's problem! He's just doing his thing :) 

20 minutes ago, svnzrs said:

If you no longer find value in Leo's words, move onto someone else. Or just write your own thoughts and listen to yourself. Don't make it Leo's problem! He's just doing his thing :) 

Of course, I was just curious if he realizes the delivering in this way (repeating and repeating the same elementary concept for dozens and dozens of minutes) seems like he considers his audience completely dumb.
If someone talks like this in real life, for example to explain a task at work, it's almost insulting.

4 hours ago, Monkey Mind said:

I think the subjects of the videos are almost always interesting.
I am discussing about the way these subjects are delivered.

Ahh, so if I understand correctly you just find them too long?

I get that yes. Sometimes it feels like this to me as well. And especially when you are a busy person you might dont have time to watch the entire video. Personally, I like the long ones because I can listen to them in the car or whenever I have time and the repetition is good to really get some points hammered in.

Maybe a mentorship class with less repetition and higher information density would be good. For people who have already fully internalized the foundational teachings.

Some forum members also release summaries of Leos videos here. Just look around.

Lol increase your level of detail and realize what a teach is.

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

@Monkey Mind I think of it as trance music. Just repeating the same words of wisdom over and over again until you enter a trance and they begin to integrate into your being. The things Leo discusses are like... the deepest of the deep. Master those few fundamental principles and you're set for life. The repetition acts as a constant reminder, and thanks to the internet, his words continue to be available if you ever need to refer to them again. I don't listen to every episode nor do I listen all the way through. When I desire a reminder from Leo I throw on an episode for ten or twenty minutes, soak in the deep wisdom, and go on with my day. Why? I've listened to literally hundreds of hours of Leo and I've got his teaching down pretty much. I don't need to listen for hours anymore. Some people do, that's why he repeats. Leo's episodes are his art, and just like art, it is there for you to interpret and use for whatever purpose you wish. If it no longer aids you, explore another gallery :) Peace and love fam ?

Edited by svnzrs

3 hours ago, remember said:

tea always has to soak for some time if not it can’t be a tea rex – i think. ^_^

just my two cents on latin proverbs.

additionally we could try:

sentio ergo sum

<3

The few times i try post something here in this forum, i afterwards realize how much i still have to learn about what i think i know.

If  you talk about a concept to 2 people and ask them what they think you have talked about, you can hopefully have some kind of similar answers, but often not the whole concept right away. If you tell the same 2 people about the concept in 10 various way, then it can be more likely the 2 answers you get match.  

Edited by DIDego

He always tries to hit the subject from many different angles so a wider audience can understand it.

@Monkey Mind

If you know Gary Vee and follow his contents, you probably would notice that he also repeats his shits over and over and over and over again.....

Why does he do that? And What do you think?

Personally, I find Leo’s recent videos more and more juicy and profound. If you don’t get his message, it’s Ok. It’s just not for you right now.

Love :x

I agree.

Honestly, what is the purpose of his 1/2 year last videos? Just repiting the same again and again. Inspiration to practice? Does talk about God from his experience is useful for others? God is something you have to experience, so what is the point of tell others God=love and things like that again and again?

Frankly this happens with a lot of self help authors... their best work is their first books or they hit a plateau in the middle after which they start to decline a bit. There's no shame in this. Think about a sports athlete that hits their prime and then starts to get older but still loves the game and still wants to play. They might not be as good but they are still around.  To be frank Leo provides more free content than any other self help author out there so I don't see the issue. If you don't like the video, listen to a different one. I have a few favorites, such as "65 principles for leading a good life" , "happiness spectrum" and "40 signs you are neurotic"