Monkey Mind

Just a honest feedback, Leo

36 posts in this topic

Leo, I learned so many things from you and I'm really grateful for this. I follow you from day one on Youtube (over 6 years) and in this forum. 
But in the last 2-3 years your videos have become so obvious, repetitive and banal.
It seems like you consider your audience completely stupid, why do you continue to repeat obvious things? 
What I am curious about is if you even realize that you are repeating the same two elementary concepts over and over in the same video for 2 hours.

I'm not hating, or maybe yes, I'm just disappointed.

A large portion of his videos now focus on the quality behind his words and ideas rather than the content. He is transmitting something to the collective. 

I don't even want to discuss if he is repetitive or not. It's self-evident that he is, when in the last video he talks for 50 minutes about following your passions. The most clichè concept. Ever. Repeating the same empty words over and over. 

I try to see past the words 

Sailing on the ceiling 

@Monkey Mind it sounds like it's time for you to part ways with Leo's teachings. After 6 years of watching leos content you should be self sufficiant by now. 

Yes, to kids you have to repeat things multiple times.
This is the consideration he has regarding his audience. 

Moderators for ur attention..
I think he is a spammer.

He also commented some negative shit to a person before an MDMA trip

@Natasha

Edited by Heaven

1. so it gets integrated

2. so new listeners dont have to watch 10 videos to get a concept

Dont look at me! Look inside!

What would you rather see his new videos be about?

Also I disagree, in the last 2-3 years some of my most favourite videos were made (Self-Love for example). But I see where you're coming from.

@Monkey Mind  You're missing that Leo only teaches a very small fraction of what he's actually learned.

If it feels like he's repeating a lot of things, it's probably because he wants to focus on the most foundational topics that will be most useful to his audience.

@HeavenI am not a spammer.
I have just suggested to be aware also of the negative reports from MD trip. Someone's life is ruined for this substance, just for taking it once.
I think it's a bit naive to look for only positive reports. I think it's better to have a bigger picture of the situation.

@universe I think the subjects of the videos are almost always interesting.
I am discussing about the way these subjects are delivered.

Edited by Monkey Mind

You follow Leo for 6 years but it seem you didnt learn anything.

Look how your ego want to be fed, look how your ego is bored af the same concepts Leo talk and want new stimulating things.

You need to overcome all this shit.

23 minutes ago, Moreira said:

You follow Leo for 6 years but it seem you didnt learn anything.

Look how your ego want to be fed, look how your ego is bored af the same concepts Leo talk and want new stimulating things.

You need to overcome all this shit.

Exactly! Thank you @Moreira

This ingratitude, criticism and ego wanting to be fed all the time or in a particular way reminded me of a spiritual and self-development teacher who nailed this sort of thing to the wall ruthlessly. I used to think he was way too harsh and avoided him like the plague.  Now, Just now, seeing this post and recalling others like it here recently, I now appreciate Anurag Gupta and his ruthless style. If I can find his videos or teaching I will post it here. He was a pit bull for chewing on ego flesh. 

Anurag used to talk endlessly about spiritual consumerism. I mean he used to drive it into the ground so much over and over that it felt like you were getting beat with it endlessly. I used to think - wow Anurag, isn't this excessive and downright brutal?  We have heard this one million times! However, as many times as I heard about spiritual consumerism and thinking - ok yes, yes I got it.  just now, oddly enough, it just clicked. 

Wow, Anurag, now your teachings come to life elsewhere and in seemingly a random way and now I finally appreciate it! 

Note: I never thought in a million years I would ever appreciate Anurag Gupta and sitting here now laughing about the realization of this. LOL! 

Edited by wordsforliving

13 hours ago, Natasha said:

@Monkey Mind Leo is not repeating it enough. Try 10,000 times to master something great.

repetition quote.jpg

why are robots designed? To automated highly repetitive tasks in our lives. Repetition is for robots.

Indoctrination? Now that's where repetition is useful! How to indoctrinate someone? By repeating dogmas over and over again.

Critical thinking, meditation, turquoise... this isn't the space for repetition, this is the space for thinking for yourself, which means uniquely contemplating each new topic for yourself, not repeating stuff others do. Its about feeling for yourself and doing what you feel. 

@Monkey Mind Yeah Leo continuously treats his audience as if they just came out of a highly rationalist science class. I have no interest in critiquing him or bringing it up, but I totally get what you mean. 

If you don't like his videos, don't watch them. I use to love his videos, but stopped watching them about 2 months ago because his videos were getting to rational, logical and repetitive for me. I find talking to some of the moderators much more valuable than talking to Leo or watching his videos, some mods give you a highly integrative, highly feeling based advice which is super useful. Maybe check them out. 

There is a limit to the wisdom that could be communicated through language. I think Leo is hitting that limit. He has given us the highest insights, but we ourselves have to climb the mountains in order to see the sights. 

The hardest thing when you address a wide audience is to provide new insights to all the people. There are always new people that come in, so for them, everything is new. For the new people, Leo has to repeat himself so that he can make sense. But when he repeats himself, he annoys the people that already know all that stuff. Doomed if you do and doomed if you don't. 

Leo is probably one of the best speakers that I have encountered. His ability to rationally analyze a problem from multiple perspectives is uncanny.

Leo is giving you a gift, but if you find the gift boring, maybe you can give him a better gift? :) 

Spiritual consumerism is a plague in spiritual groups. The consumer feels he cannot get enough of the correct information in the correct way & feels he knows more than the teacher. Criticizes, schools or degrades the teacher, loves to argue and challenge, no appreciation, yet hangs out on the forums rather than moving on and actually creating something of value for the world. 

Book for a process of disintegrating the ego: 
The Direct Means to Eternal Bliss by Michael Landford 

Using this book, one reads a section repeatedly and slowly and does not move on to next section until previous section is fully integrated. The ego is very resistant to being disassembled by repetition. Ego vehemently resists repetition - because it works.  Giant egos hate repetition, gets bored easily, loves spiritual consumerism, loves to criticize, will not create. 

Edited by wordsforliving

11 hours ago, Monkey Mind said:

Yes, to kids you have to repeat things multiple times.

Unfortunately, not just to kids. xD

The world would be a much much much better place if kids were the only ones who needed repetition to learn hahahahahahah.

unborn Truth

Haven't been able to dig up visible content of Anurag Gupta. His content is embedded inside Bentinho Massaro's Civilization Upgraders program which I was a part of.  But his insight on it is just so valuable. He highlights this society's obsession with consumerism rather than creation and finding your life purpose so you can start to create and move out of consumerism. 

Anurag originally focused on coaching large businesses to be successful, then moved into spirituality. Although was very financially successful, he does not care about materialism or intellectualism and this is very clear. He gave up all his materialism, pared down to a motorcycle and backpack and goes through life creating. Of course egos would criticize him and his methods all day long and miss the point. I mean he is indeed hard to swallow. But the point is that endless spiritual consumerism stops the process of moving into creating.  I am still a student, but if I got to the point where I stopped seeing value and saw primarily errors, then I would take that as a cue to move onto the next stage and start creating something to contribute to the world.  

An informal old video of Anurag talking about business. His spiritual teachings alongside Bentinho Massaro is much more forceful and where he gets into highlighting the problem of spiritual consumerism that stops the process of creating solutions for the world or making the world a better place by manifesting the God-Self.

Edited by wordsforliving