Camerong

Wtf? Tripping balls off focusing??

23 posts in this topic

I’ve been doing that actuality technique that Leo once posted some time ago since my country went into lockdown in mid March. I started off starring at my hand or details in leather, or crumps and marks lying around. Then I moved into a spot in nature surrounded by trees starring at dead leaves. Eventually I started to gain the ability to hyper focus but be relatively hyper conscious at the same time. I got to points where I was like wtf this is real? Almost as things gain an extra level or realness, like pulling back layers of being asleep more and more.

I do it for half an hour every other day or two, since my brain can’t candle that much strain of focus because it takes a lot. Recently while doing it I start laughing for no reason or feel intense waves of bliss, but also notice that my state seems to slightly change when I finish the sit.

I decided I’d go balls to the wall and just hardcore focus for an hour. After I finished when my concentration lapsed I was walking back and realised I was tripping balls identical to a low dose of shrooms, I was on a very different state and it seemed to have a comedown with the feeling being identical to a trip as well. 

I was wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this where they are mildly tripping? Or at least had a very noticeable altered state after some type of meditation? Also, why does this happen? 

This doesn’t seem to happen for any other type of meditation. Only very strong focussing. 

Yessir. A meditation practice with a focus on concentration/attention stability has been leading to a stabilized waking state of what feels like microdosing shrooms. 

The reason for this is one of the key effects of psychedelics is that they draw attention into the present moment. This moment is where insight and truth resides, so of course the more we can replicate this state while sober, the closer we will be to what is actual, what is true, which is what psychedelics help facilitate anyways. 

It’s my opinion that concentration is the #1 skill truth seekers need to actively be cultivating if they want to embody their insights from contemplation. 

Nice! I've experienced similar while staring at a corner of a room until it became vivid.

Yeah this happens to me when I focus on objects

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Camerong for you, I would suggest doing 2 hours of meditation a day.

Yes I was tripping balls at 30 minutes, but 2 hours is where it gets interesting. Make sure you hard core focus for 30 minutes on the I or who you are. Let infinity flow after the first 30 minutes. Then rest in it for the rest of the time. 

With an open, exploratory mind and experience, the two worlds gradually come closer together. . . 

6 hours ago, Camerong said:

Also, why does this happen? 

Focusing on perception, less goes to thought. Also try the same thing, with sensation within the entire body (instead of perception). Then back and fourth. Then both at the same time, and ‘connect’ sensation in the body with the object of concentration. It should kick you up at least a gram and a half. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Camerong said:

I was wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this where they are mildly tripping? Or at least had a very noticeable altered state after some type of meditation? Also, why does this happen?

Yes, this happens especially during my long solo retreats.

That's the whole point of retreats and meditation.

If you focus long enough you will enter a samadhi state.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Camerong I can relate! It’s incredibly beautiful. And yes hyper focus for sometime enters you into a state consciousness quite more ascendent than and ordinary state. I find this happen for me with only 2-3 minute of focusing. I focus on a particular feature of an object (like the letter of a bottle) slowing my blinking and find that surrounding experience begins to breath, warp and move. It’s much like you said synonymous with a psychedelic state. 

Funny how we so ordinarily undermine such simple exercises. They can be so powerful.

Edited by Jacobsrw

12 hours ago, Camerong said:

This happens because of catharsis. You're losing part of your devilry to achive higher states of consciousness. ~In short.

Edited by tedens

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

Focusing on perception, less goes to thought. Also try the same thing, with sensation within the entire body (instead of perception). Then back and fourth. Then both at the same time, and ‘connect’ sensation in the body with the object of concentration. It should kick you up at least a gram and a half. 

Gram and a half of what? 

?? 

From decent young man I turned into a hippie. Even want to plant these things. Years and years of learning and improving facing fears, traumas overcoming and all that and turned into a hippie. 

Someone wake me up please. 

@Nahm Yeah I know I am THIS. What's Actual what is Truth. Love thing. 

But still want ?(what I've turn into, really.) 

Still hippies were on spot but government. That would change everything. 

Imagine being born into world and your mother is all about Love Love Love. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Also, depending on your  visualization skills,  you can focus on an object you construct in your mind and achieve the same if not similar state.

A fun, drug-free, 30-second visual distortion trip :) :

trippygiphy.gif

15 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Camerong .... I focus on a particular feature of an object (like the letter of a bottle) slowing my blinking and find that surrounding experience begins to breath, warp and move. It’s much like you said synonymous with a psychedelic state. 

Funny how we do ordinarily undermine such simple exercises. They can be so powerful.

Actually, it was your words above that made me think of it.

;)