willen1995

I need help to develop that brutal honesty (like Leo)

20 posts in this topic

I am currently searching for practices to help you develop the ability to fearlessly speak your mind on dogma-dominated subjects. Currently I am too fearful to be authentic in certain important areas in my life, which feels very limiting. I'm inspired by how confidently Leo openly crushes spiritual and scientific "taboos".

Any help much appreciated, with love

@willen1995 That comes naturally as you become more conscious and get glimpses of the Absolute through mystical experience. It gives you clarity and groundedness in transcendental Truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Pan and paper and what your actual beleifs are compared to actual Truth(❤️ yeah yeah)

Radical honesty. 

I am full of shit. 

Holding myself back to not love as much as I know I can and I am able to. 

Being dettached jerk sometimes. 

Etc... 

Can write a novel really. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

49 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@willen1995 That comes naturally as you become more conscious and get glimpses of the Absolute through mystical experience. It gives you clarity and groundedness in transcendental Truth.

Thank you!

Even in your really early videos you seem to have had the ability to be brutally honest in your views regarding sexuality and other "sensitive" subjects - so on a more every-day level do you have tips that aren't as related to spiritual practices? Visualizations etc?

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Work on your confidence and self-love.

Thanks, have any practices to recommend?

4 hours ago, willen1995 said:

I am currently searching for practices to help you develop the ability to fearlessly speak your mind on dogma-dominated subjects. Currently I am too fearful to be authentic in certain important areas in my life, which feels very limiting. I'm inspired by how confidently Leo openly crushes spiritual and scientific "taboos".

Any help much appreciated, with love

I wouldn't worry about trying to become brutally honest, for the most part it will come off as being an asshole unless you have a lot of compassion, love, kindness and humility behind it.  You'll feel better just being kinda and others will appreciate it more in the long run. 

@willen1995 Honesty is just Sincerity. And being sincere means you are free from judgement and try to speak from your heart. 

That's all you have to do to speak like Leo or any one that has that 'loving smart ass attitude'.  

And of course some people will take offense no matter how nice you are, but you always need to speak from your heart. 

When you awake to a better reality, you can't fight or push others to accept it. You just are, being you, speaking from the heart, knowing what you know. 

It works best when you can simply explain the illusion, lovingly expose the flaws and corruption that others so easily accept and live with. But to do that, you have to know how reality is like on the other side. Speaking from your own experiences will make others listen and relate. I'm not going to hear someone telling me how something is wrong, without them having felt how wrong they were, and what better they have found. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

You're scared of what other people will think of you.

You're scared of starting conflict with others. You're scared of them thinking that you're dumb or stupid. You're scared of other people not loving you.

Why do you need other people to approve of your opinions? If you believe in what you are saying. Then you should feel free to say it regardless of what other people think.

Your fear is rooted in neediness. You need other people to love you because you are not receiving enough love from yourself.

My myers-briggs personality type is ENTP. I often find myself disagreeing with people and starting verbal conflicts for amusement. Fuck what other people think about you.

I'll argue with people and say that Donald Trump is the best president the USA has ever seen. Do I believe in that? No. I do it to practice not giving a flying fuck of what other people think of me. 

You are awesome. You don't need other people to think you're awesome.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

7 hours ago, willen1995 said:

Thank you!

Even in your really early videos you seem to have had the ability to be brutally honest in your views regarding sexuality and other "sensitive" subjects - so on a more every-day level do you have tips that aren't as related to spiritual practices? Visualizations etc?

I suppose on some fundamental level I get a thrill out of saying shocking and outrageous things. I like speach which is provocative and bold, not mealy-mouthed.

I feel that if a thing is shocking, it should be expressed in a shocking way. I feel it is untruthful to understate shocking things as many spiritual teachers do.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@willen1995  Tune into your feelings and senses, you cannot speak what is true to you if you don't understand what that is. Be conscious of the lies you are telling yourself. (thought that makes suffering arise in you) If you are lost and unconscious, you cannot be honest in my opinion.

Mystical experiences train you to become comfortable with what would normally be highly 'uncomfortable' or strange feelings.  Then you can say all kinds of stuff that would otherwise be emotionally torturous. 

Hold your horses!

I have tried in the past to be "radically honest".

It is very common for someone who cares too much about the opinion of others to swing to the other side of the spectrum. That is, to become completely careless and, in essence, an asshole. That was my case. I destroyed a lot of relationships, and I also did a lot of excessively cringey stuff.

If you do want to practice giving your honest opinion about controversial topics, remember to do that in small dosages. Expanding your comfort zone is like a rubber. If you stretch it too much, it will break.

12 hours ago, willen1995 said:

I'm inspired by how confidently Leo openly crushes spiritual and scientific "taboos".

Imo, sometimes he overexposures himself.

one day this will all be memories

@kag101 Overexposing yourself and willingness to be cringy accelerates the growth of the collective if it's coming from a pure place. And it accelerates your own growth as you become comfortable with strange emotions. 

You just have to keep a check on what you are doing with the rest of your time.  Are you opening your heart and mind?

@willen1995 Read Radical Honesty by Brad Blanton! I've only just started some of it but I can already tell it's gold. It's something that is relevant to all domains of your life. 

There are but a few very tricky things I can see myself learning to be completely open about. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 04/05/2020 at 7:06 PM, Artaemis said:

@kag101 Overexposing yourself and willingness to be cringy accelerates the growth of the collective if it's coming from a pure place.

Nah... you're probably just making a fool out of yourself...

@kag101 Haha. Maybe. Being a fool is in my genes.  I used to harm that part of myself.  On my spiritual path I've been forced to make peace with that side of  myself and it's paid dividends ultimately.  But it's not really like I had a choice too much.

6 hours ago, Artaemis said:

@kag101 Haha. Maybe. Being a fool is in my genes.  I used to harm that part of myself.  On my spiritual path I've been forced to make peace with that side of  myself and it's paid dividends ultimately.  But it's not really like I had a choice too much.

Can you give some examples of things you do in that regards?

From Conversations with God (book 2):

The Five Levels of Truth-Telling: First, you tell the truth to yourself about yourself. Then you tell the truth to yourself about another. At the third level, you tell the truth about yourself to another. Then you tell your truth about another to that other. And finally, you tell the truth to everyone about everything.