LfcCharlie4

Caffeine Detox Challenge

54 posts in this topic

@Hansu  Good info. Do you know effective natural ways to increase energy?  It's like coffee makes me MORE tired now as I get older. 

@wordsforliving

Diet is one of the biggest factors when it comes to your energy levels.

You could try different diets and see how they affect your energy levels. Diet is very personal thing, for example there is a lot of testimonies in favor of intermittent fasting and how it helps people with their energy problems, but for me it was the exact opposite.

Edited by Hansu

Hehe seems like i'm more addicted than i thought i was. My mind is coming up with tons of rationalizations on why it would be good to drink coffee, and why it doesn't hurt.

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

On 11-5-2020 at 6:10 PM, Villager Albert said:

@Shiva99 I promise it is related, might last for 2-3 days.

21 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Shiva99 Expect this for a whole, common withdrawal symptom! 

Im 10 days in now and starting to have awesome levels of energy again, can see myself doing this for good!

My headache is almost gone . I don't see a difference in energy levels. Mabye it's too subtile. I will keep going though.

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

14 hours ago, Hansu said:

@wordsforliving

Diet is one of the biggest factors when it comes to your energy levels.

You could try different diets and see how they affect your energy levels. Diet is very personal thing, for example there is a lot of testimonies in favor of intermittent fasting and how it helps people with their energy problems, but for me it was the exact opposite.

Right. I think diet is a huge factor for sure. Wheat, sugar for sure, and probably other things are bogging me down. I'm petite and not overweight at all, but need to approach diet from trying to address this energy problem. Trying to solve this diet component and figure out which supplements to throw into the mix. Thank you for your insights. 

Already did months and my energy didn't increase that much. When on caffeine I would crash very hard in the afternoon though. Now the energy is constant throughout the day. Take into consideration that stimulants generally only get me high; I get almost zero productivity increase.

Good luck!

Edited by Espaim

Almost a week without coffee or any Cafeïne. Feeling good. No more headaches or anything that could be related to quitting Cafeïne. Probably never going back to drinking coffee or using Cafeïne again. 

On 15-5-2020 at 9:33 AM, kellyon said:

I will try it next time, I just can't imagine my life without coffee right now

But the idea is cool

It's not that bad honestly. I was an avid coffee drinker for over 10 years. The first few days are a little hard but than it get's easier over time.

On 5/11/2020 at 1:31 PM, Hansu said:

So, I went cold turkey last Friday because I felt like slowly detaching myself from caffeine wouldnt work. I dont want to crave Coca Cola for weeks.

I had terrible mood swings, headaches and tiredness for 3 days, starting on the Friday.

I also bought some decaf coffee, but Im dropping that too since it has a little bit of caffeine. 5-10% of what real coffee has.

So, after about 2.5 weeks after going cold turkey, I dont have any gravings for caffeine.

I dont feel any improvement on my sleep quality (It was high to begin with) but my tiredness which I think was part of the side effects of the detox is gone.

My thinking in afternoon has become more clear. Its also easier for me to perform in afternoon, and Im procrastinating a lot less now. I might come home from store and think "Im gonna cook later" and then before I know it, Im cooking food even thought I already made a decision to procrastinate on it. Its awesome! Its like reverse procrastination!

Also, learning during afternoon is a lot easier now. I have no problems reading about German dative plurals in the afternoon! Before the detox I used to just slouch after work and watch stupid shit on Youtube, but now Im actually using my afternoon to be productive. This is awesome!

I got everything I was looking for. Now its time to build lasting habits for my afternoons :)

Will join this challenge in a  week or 2.

LOVE coffee and really like a cold black coffee as soon as I wake and before meditation. Problem is I also do some kriya yoga which stipulates caffine is a big no no before doing any of the exercises/rituals. This means I have to wait 1.1/2 hours after coffee to do exercises and leads to skipping them sometimes. Also my meditation awareness is less focused and more prone to run off.

well done all.

Going to start this challenge tomorrow and I'll update notable changes as I go along, I don't expect to be able nor intend to do a COMPLETE abandonment of coffee. Just want to kick it as a habit and relegate it to like a once or twice a month treat with flavored specialty coffees or whatever. Also not happy with what it's done to my teeth. I've always had it with so much sugar. It just makes me feel like shit now honestly. 

Been drinking coffee since April 2011 in my last year of high school, originally started because I wanted to kill mornings in high school and have something to do with my hands while hanging out in the smoking trail haha. I've been kind reliant on it either as a placebo or actual kick in the mornings for so long, because I've always had the identity of not being a "morning person".

Thanks for the motivation @LfcCharlie4 I've watched Alex Becker's couple of videos on coffee a bit ago. The way he presents things seems pretty reasonable and resonates with me.

I still don't really know what to trust considering there is soooo much conflicting evidence out there, I'm just going to change my habit regardless of perceptions.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@LfcCharlie4

Things that help me get the energy from better sources:

1. Moringa (in a smoothie)

2. Microgreens (juiced or smoothie)

3. Dancing, or other good energy raising exercise... what ever you like... biking, etc...

4. Energy breath work

5. Nature

If you think of anything else... please let me know ?

That said... my last attempt to get off of caffeine only lasted 4 months...  I recently made a snarky comment to a friend (who's not a caffeine addict) about how I believed they were intentionally torturing me because they ordered their drink first... lol... 

@Epiphany_Inspired Cold showers. Fasting could work, too. 

Whenever I fast energy comes up naturally after a few hours. You feel strangely powerful as if in an organic way. 

“Depriving” the body (brain included) as in nofap or fasting challenges increases my energy, among other things.

Try out cold showers in the morning and let me know how it goes. ;)