Hardkill

Is there any way I can make any money online?

10 posts in this topic

Guys, I am getting so desperate to make money. I am tired of living with my parents, but I wouldn't be able survive outside of my parents' home as I have inadequate independent functional skills and very little money of my own. I have been unable to get any unemployment benefits because it wasn't until about 2 months ago when I first started to work for a business outside my family's business. I am currently on furlough for my job, which is at Macy's, and I've only got to work there for only 2-3 weeks. So, I don't have a long enough history of any sort of official payment (like checks) that were personally made to me. Therefore, I don't qualify for any unemployment benefits. I know the Coronavirus pandemic has made it almost impossible to get a job at any real life store or business. Also, my elderly parents will not let me get even an essential job like one in the grocery store because they are too afraid of me catching the virus and then spreading it to them; however, as a 32 year old man who is effing tired of being financially dependent upon my parents, I desperately want to make some more money of my own. So is there some kind of online avenue that could help me make some kind of money for the time being?

14 hours ago, Hardkill said:

almost impossible to get a job at any real life store or business.

Plenty of places in need of more people due to this though too. Just have to go apply. Not just limited to grocery stores.

14 hours ago, Hardkill said:

So is there some kind of online avenue that could help me make some kind of money for the time being?

Sell some stuff you own on eBay and Mercari to pool up some extra cash. You can get usps and fedex pick up from your porch. 

3 hours ago, Average Investor said:

Plenty of places in need of more people due to this though too. Just have to go apply. Not just limited to grocery stores.

Sell some stuff you own on eBay and Mercari to pool up some extra cash. You can get usps and fedex pick up from your porch. 

I have nothing to sell really. Is there any other kind of way to make money online?

@Hardkill I'm taking a course on entrepreneurship now. It's a process of identifying a problem that people have and designing a solution that you can sell. It's not easy at all, and experience is built slowly. 

I remember though that you are a good writer. Maybe now you are willing to learn some advertisement and copywriting and sell your services? 

Something else that you'd like to sell online? 

I sell on amazon, normally I do wholesale but because of covid certain things are more difficult. I noticed that a lot of people sell stuff in Facebook marketplace at prices you can make good profit on ebay or amazon. So I've been doing that a little  recently, driving around places to pick stuff up. Could be something quite easy for you to do, just have a look on Facebook if you see anything that could be popular check out the price on eBay, negotiate a good price with the seller, list it and make some money

@Hardkill To make legitimate money online takes a long time building a platform or learning a new skill. (YouTube, streaming, penny stocks) etc. 

If you have access to phone/computer you can go to indeed and find a telecommunications job for around 12$ an hour and that may get you by for a while. 

You can look into penny stocks but this take 3-4 years of practice and learning to become successful. Ricky and Ross are great penny stock traders if you want to google them. 

If you have skills you make something and start an easy business or you make a little money through dropbox shipping. 

But you need to decide what you want to put real work into. Or just look for remote jobs on indeed that pay hourly. 

"Some people, not me, are a little concerned. Some people, not me, feel you...might be...
demonstrating a failure to show appreciation."
-Russell Bufalino

Its not late to start building a business. 

Why you want waste time and energy in dumb soul crushing Jobs anyways

@Hardkill just manifest a simple job you wouldn't mind doing for now while we are in a pandemic, save then you have capital, I'm working as a Amazon delivery driver listening to Leo 

Edited by Bailey Lawless

On 5/3/2020 at 9:25 PM, Hardkill said:

Guys, I am getting so desperate to make money.

How desperate are you? Did you spend 5+ hours applying for every job posting you could find and then visiting every business within walking/bus distance to drop off resumes? If not then you aren't really desperate yet.

EDIT: I just noticed the original post was from last May. What progress have you tried to make in the past 7 months? Or are you still sitting in the exact same position as when you made this post?

I wouldn't be able survive outside of my parents' home as I have inadequate independent functional skills

What a load of shit lol. What steps are you taking toward getting these skills, or are you just going to lean on your parents forever? Unless you're severely physically or mentally disabled, you're just lying to yourself. Get your mom to show you how to use a washing machine or dryer next time she does the laundry and you're good. Can you make peanut butter and jam sandwiches and boil water to make instant noodles? Are you capable of talking to other human beings? What other skills do you think you need to live on your own?

as a 32 year old man

WHAT lol what have you been doing with your life for the past decade? You're meant to be married and have kids by now man. You're 32 and you can't survive outside your parent's home?

It sounds like you have 100% support in your life. No rent, meals made for you. You have like 12 hours a day you could be devoting to starting an online business, and 100% of what you make can go into savings. Don't complain, live with your parents and work your ass off for a few years to actually make something.

In your position it literally doesn't even matter if you fail. Just keep trying stuff until something works. The price of failure in your position is just that you have to start over again.

There are tons of online avenues that can help you make money in your position. But I'm not going to bother listing them because you sound like someone who is just going to find any excuse why it's not right for you or you can't do it. Look up "how to make money online" and watch every video that comes up for a day and write down some ideas. Just try not to fall for a scam.

If this comes off sounding super harsh, it's because I hear a lot of myself in you, and I probably would've ended up in the same position as you if I didn't get a push from my parents. If my parents didn't make me go to university in another city I'd probably be in the same spot you are now. I'm still a pussy compared to the general population. Because of anxiety I made an online business so I don't have to go out and work at a real job with people any more. I found a wife with a better-paying job who earns 3x more than me and supports my stay-at-home lifestyle, and she drives me around to places we go most of the time because I'm scared of driving. Although this year I challenged myself and started driving to the grocery store and other places a few blocks away because I know I'm gonna have to start doing it at some point.

You're super behind in life and the only person that can help you now is you. Stop saying "I can't." Start doing stuff that makes you uncomfortable and scares you. The only way that you're going to grow is to experiment and try new things. That's shit people like you and me shoulda been doing in our teens like most people, but instead we sat in our parent's house playing video games alone.