Brivido

Why do so many people believe in conspiracy theories?

37 posts in this topic

@gswva

Yes, I would wake them up to reality but only out of the lack of a better alternative.

If there was a possibility to influence their dream and making it beautiful, I would choose this route especially if the process of waking them out of the dream was basically Impossible and me changing the dream nightmare into something better would actually make it easier for the waking up to occur for the whole of humanity not even just this single person.

Edited by LaucherJunge

@Scholar That's true, a balanced approach is needed. But I wouldn't let the people who at least have the potential to conspire in that sense decide what this balance means and that's exactly what we have right now.

I have multiple family members who think Covid19 is a hoax and that 5g is a tool to enslave us. And when I also then come here and see so many people subscribing to these ideas, I just worry. Maybe it's just my subjective experience, so maybe this irrationality is not as prevelant as I think.

Glory to Israel

@LaucherJunge Imagine that everytime you stop someone from having a nightmare, you have to stop someone else from having a dream. Would you still do it? If you really want to improve the dreams of everyone, you have to face the fact chasing nightmares might simply be a waste of time. Conspiracy theories are even a slippery slope toward the opposite end-goal, and lead to structures of consciousness that are so biased and centered around their own survival, they forget how to create dreams. This way of wasting our power of love is as close we can get to the devil.

@gswva
This is simply not a fitting example, if anything it would be stopping a few people like 0.0001% or something from dreaming in order to get 99.9999% out of the nightmare.
I don't agree with this. Please just stop this generalization. It's simply not true that as soon as you believe some conspiracy theories or simply research some of them you automatically are somehow less conscious or chase nightmares as you put it. This is bs. This is black and white thinking.
You can help out the world and spread awareness on such things in a healthy way first of all. Secondly they are not necessarily biased toward their own survival, on the contrary many of these people would and do sacrifice themselves for the good of humankind, in a way that's of course an ego structure as well, but I don't see any harm in serving the common good.

@Brivido “The biggest conspiracy is the humans capacity to create conspiracies...And in so far, we can become deluded by our efforts to avoid delusion”

Conspiracy theories provide solace for the mind. The mind cannot comprehend what is beyond it, so it creates grandiose ideas in compensation. They also entertain the mind because the it can not withstand silence or nothingness, it’s just further noise to fill the void it denies to accept.

Edited by Jacobsrw

9 hours ago, Scholar said:

I have multiple family members who think Covid19 is a hoax and that 5g is a tool to enslave us. And when I also then come here and see so many people subscribing to these ideas, I just worry. Maybe it's just my subjective experience, so maybe this irrationality is not as prevelant as I think.

It is actually funny how many people think that Covid is a hoax, I even heard it from person who I would never believe to fall for such stupidity.

They have no clue how much lockdown and social distancing is helping to slow this virus down , I guess they will have to learn it hard way when second wave hits us. 

13 hours ago, Fortunate Son said:

...scientists, professors and Nobel prize winners are talking about negative impacts of 5G and Covid-19 lockdowns.

So this is a conspiracy? 

Why can't people just listen to other people without negative predispositions and judgment? 

Of course a lot of conspiracies are joke, but if you just listen to people you'll find out that nobody talks 100% truth and 100% bullshit. 

This policy of anti-conspiracy is blind just like pro-conspiracy.

No, scientists, professors and Nobel prize winners making nuanced points about possible issues of 5G and Covid-19 policy are not conspiracies.

However, theories that claim that Covid-19 was created to control us and to establish a 5g network that subsequently will enslave and depopulate us is indeed a conspiracy theory, which has a tendency to discredit any valid concern about 5G and Covid-19 policies. Nobody will listen to valid concern if everyone who is concerned about it is a complete nutjob.

If I go to someone now and tell them about the possible issues with 5G they will dismiss it because of how many conspiracy theories are woven around that topic. The conspiracy theorists achieve the exact opposite of what the seek, they create an environment in which any valid concern is put into the box of conspiracy theory. This is for example true for the pedophile issues in Hollywood or other institutions of power. Nobody takes this serious because there are conspiracies about Mark Zuckeberg and Bill Gates drinking the blood of babies and somehow being part of some satanic cult. This hinders the genuine journalistic effort that would need to be made uncover actual problems that are actually real.

Glory to Israel

@LaucherJunge If you agree we are all one and everything is relative, how could you say that there are more nightmares than dreams? If we want a better society, it would be wise to think about what it even means in the first place, prior chasing all the negative elements. What are we actually creating and experiencing? Do we want a system that is easier or harder? Eventually we need both, or there would be nothing. When consciousness creates doors, it also creates the keys opening them.

You are the one generalizing how rich/powerful people are supposedly enjoying themselves torturing billions of entities for no other reason than pure sadism while being useless lazy devils, but consider the amount of pressure, creativity and hard work required to rise to the top in a capitalistic order. While the model is a bit chaotic and sometimes unfair, nobody is stealing happiness from us. This is not possible, aside from a temporary illusion. I'm not denying that life is hard and that lots of traps can screw you up, but science is the healthiest way to share information about healthy eating, the danger of radio waves and most things. There is already a few studies on 5G and its effect on human health.

"Our results show that 5G downlink RF fields generate significantly higher power density (PD) and specific absorption rate (SAR) than a current cellular system." Nasim, Imtiaz, and Seungmo Kim. "Human exposure to RF fields in 5G downlink."
Di Ciaula, Agostino. "Towards 5G communication systems: Are there health implications?."
"This article identifies adverse effects of non-ionizing non-visible radiation reported in the premier biomedical literature. It emphasizes that most of the laboratory experiments conducted to date are not designed to identify the more severe adverse effects reflective of the real-life operating environment in which wireless radiation systems operate." Kostoff, Ronald N., et al. "Adverse health effects of 5G mobile networking technology under real-life conditions."

What is happening is definitely weird. I don't know what telecommunications companies are thinking since this might lead to some conflicts. But either way, we should avoid magnifying our fears and hostility when all we want is a better society. Love is what we are, not something the ego can reach. In the worse case even if we fail to turn this world into the best one possible, there is no need to panic. Consciousness doesn't go anywhere. We will create an infinite number of them.

Edited by gswva

1 hour ago, gswva said:

If you agree we are all one and everything is relative, how could you say that there are more dreams than nightmares?

Think you misunderstood something there.

1 hour ago, gswva said:

If we want a better society, it would be wise to think about what it even means in the first place, prior chasing all the negative elements.

Then explain to me how this exactly looks in practice. You can daydream a lot, but putting it into play is a whole other story.
You can spent your whole life developing a better model of living, a better system in fact there are thousands of people who do that and yet most of them are going to be buried together with their ideas.
We need to start somewhere and then improve as we go.

1 hour ago, gswva said:

You are the one generalizing how rich/powerful people are supposedly enjoying themselves torturing billions of entities for no other reason than pure sadism while being useless lazy devils, but consider the amount of pressure, creativity and hard work required to rise to the top in a capitalistic order.

Not true, there are many rich and powerful people who are decent, which is the reason why we are not totally screwed and are actually winning currently, but you people are blind to that. There is Trump, there is Putin, there is Flynn, there is Barr there are enough people who are doing relative good. And your second point is complete garbage honestly. Just as an extreme example, imagine I work up my way to be the cruelest world dictator there has ever been at the same time I'm one of the greatest artists there has ever been, wow amazing value I add to humanity. Everyone adds value in one form or another but that's no excuse for anything.

1 hour ago, gswva said:

What is happening is definitely weird. I don't know what telecommunications companies are thinking since this might lead to some conflicts. But either way, we should avoid magnifying our fears and hostility when all we want is a better society. Love is what we are, not something the ego can reach. In the worse case even if we fail to turn this world into the best one possible, there is no need to panic. Consciousness doesn't go anywhere. We will create an infinite number of them.

I'm not panicking at all, it's the exact opposite actually, I'm quite happy that the change is coming and there is nothing you can do to stop it. ;)
You people simply miss to see that everything can take the form of Love since everything is Love, if you wanna raise Love on a higher scale waking people up to reality is the only way and this can be very well done in a loving way. People being hostile because they finally know the truth is better then the alternative. Like have you really thought this through what could result from this system? Not saying all these theories are all true, but if lets say 60% or more of humanity die because they are asleep I would rather wake them up. We need to be aware that this is a possibility.
It's gonna be too late for your love in this incarnation when they die....

Edited by LaucherJunge

@LaucherJunge I'm not trying to stop you. Whatever happens, we will end back to the starting point. I think it's interesting to be wise about this, as we might end up regretting all the time lost pursuing Love the wrong way. In my opinion you probably have too much confidence about what you think society should be. You believe you can't be wrong just because you are suppressing "evil". I'm not saying that I know better than you, but I feel your evidences are lacking. You fail to explain what you seek other than with emotions and finger-pointing. But who knows, maybe you're right, society can become so hard we have to face backlashes such as what is happening here.

Edited by gswva

@gswva
Well you haven't asked. ;)
The thing is, it basically almost doesn't matter what happens, if even a bit of these conspiracies turn out to be real, which is actually highly highly likely then alone the tools of repression being gone is going to boost consciouness and love like tenfold.
Flouride, vaccines, pharma, satanic programming in the media, chemtrails, pesticides, aspartame... You name it. Alone if this poisoning stops things are going to change significantly. Psychedelics were made illegal for a reason too.

Edited by LaucherJunge

@LaucherJunge Well, don't forget that you are not the ego, you are the universe. You are trying to improve society from the perspective of a restricted experience. Just imagine you had to build a world from scratch, how would you do it exactly? You are nothing, you can experience whatever you want but it will always be bound by its opposite. Think about it deeply. There are lots of mechanics and tricks involved, if what we want is a balanced and meaningful collective experience.

How do we even know that things will get better once the far-right is in power, when their plan is pretty much only about chasing "bad guys"? It's not even clear who gets in power, except "not them". Why should we trust people driven by hatred?

9 hours ago, gswva said:

How do we even know that things will get better once the far-right is in power, when their plan is pretty much only about chasing "bad guys"? It's not even clear who gets in power, except "not them". Why should we trust people driven by hatred?

Because satanism is the pinnacle of our shadow, what can be worse then a plan to kill 60% of humanity and keeping down their spiritual capabilities, their IQ, making them autists, having a education system that's like 100-150 years behind. It literally can't be worse. So you don't have to trust nobody, you just need to have the will for humanity to survive, the will to at least have the chance.
People are fighting for their children, they don't want their children to grow up in a world like this.
And I said a billion times that we obviously won't have perfection right of the bat.
But don't you get that I already answered this question in my last comment??  I told you when the repression is over consciousness is going to raise like tenfold, which automatically will lead to a better world no matter who is in charge or what they do, when people wake up the world is going to change like never before. Also you are still thinking in terms of right and left, leave this behind, it's soo limiting. This is the division they created. It's not about right and left and it's never been, only in theory and in your heads. Mainstream left is not = evolved left and mainstream right is not = evolved right.
And these are just 2 terms in an infinitely complex structure of reality, don't hang yourself up on them. That's the propaganda that got in your head.

9 hours ago, gswva said:

Well, don't forget that you are not the ego, you are the universe. You are trying to improve society from the perspective of a restricted experience. Just imagine you had to build a world from scratch, how would you do it exactly? You are nothing, you can experience whatever you want but it will always be bound by its opposite. Think about it deeply. There are lots of mechanics and tricks involved, if what we want is a balanced and meaningful collective experience.

How do you get the idea that I forgot it? That's what I'm pointing out to you thousands of times as well. Non-duality includes duality. When are you going to get this?

They come about from fear and distrust of the government. No one knows exactly what is going on in the world and that is a scary prospect, you dont when youre going to die, you dont know if the world is going to end, we dont know the inner workings of all these organisations that have more power than us. The brain has its orders to keep us safe no matter what, one of the strategies is to seek certainty and thats why its rare to hear someone say 'i dont know'. Religion is a great way to give certainty but also any ideology really gives you a sense a certainty, it might be argued conspiracy theories arent an ideology but either way they give a sense of certainty if you believe them. I think this is a major factor in why people gravitate towards them, you can really see this play out with the pandemic as no one knows whats going and not even the mainstream are saying they know exactly, this is why so many people are adopting them to continue the illusion of certainty  

Why do people believe in conspiracy theories is the wrong question to ask IMO, but the answer is survival

A better question might be, why are conspiracies needed? What are they? It’s simple really, they are support structures for the mind, challenging the currently accepted/believed narrative. They shed a “new” light on information that may be kept from the mainstream. Conspiracy theories are a useful tool for transcending beliefs/systems as they encourage a flexible/open perception to attain more information, naturally there’s always a shadow-side with potential for creating yet another paradigm lock. In any case, it’s all a part of self learning