BHARATH

10000 hour rule

8 posts in this topic

Hey Guys , how many of you are in your journey of Mastery?

I almost completed 500 hours in my Piano journey and now i'm feeling lazy and excuses to not to continue or skipping a practice and doing it incompletely and non systematic way. and yes...... my piano teacher is not interested in Mastery and ignoring to help me,   so i'm doing all alone by myself. 

so somebody in this forum  give me some tips to stay on track and to overcome resistance.

Thankyou 

Edited by BHARATH
! has to be replace by 1

There are no special tips besides what you already wrote: Don't skip exercises, learn systematic and find a good mentor.

I know from my own practice that it can be hard to stay on track all the time, but notice it is better to do it 6 days a week than 1 day a month. See: A lot of people try to motivate themselves by setting extreme standards: 'I do this every day for 3 hours straight, no Break! I gonna be the BEST!!!' So they sprint ahead to fall behind quickly because they give no rest to their mind and body - and then they tend to drop out. As a student you have the task to balance between work and rest - but so that you don't kid yourself and be like 'aaah one hour of practice is still ok this week because work was so intense'.

You're in a dip. Basically where you are at the point where it is just hard work and not a lot of fun at least for awhile. This is exactly why a a great pianist is well admired. You should find a way to make your practice more robust and maybe join some clubs around it. But you might also decide that it isn't worth the journey and all of the work to reach the end. 

Read Mastery by George Leonard.

Your Piano Teacher is brainwashed by society that has anti-mastery mindset. Just push through the bullshit and do what you think you need to do

@BHARATH

@BHARATH hope your vision board is in place which you look at every day that will surely help.

Why don't you try to get mentorship from a new teatcher who inspires you more?