6 years of self-actualization was a waste of time

70 posts in this topic

@Stretch  Maybe you missed this part. 

When we walk on the path of life, its easy to always focus ahead. But turn around for a moment, and realize how far you've already come. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Firstly, it wasn't a waste of time. The lessons you learned will serve you for the rest of your life. It will keep paying dividends.

Secondly, it's important to do this work without making it a chore. It has to align with your passions. Don't do it if you aren't passionate about.

It sounds like this work is too advanced for you. You probably have lower stages of the Spiral to work on, which means Tier 1 teachings like basic self-help, biz, relationships, etc.

You won't be able to go for advanced spiritual work unless you take care of your more basic desires and burn through some karma.

The stuff I teach nowadays is extremely advanced and not suitable for many people who struggle with meeting basic needs.

Thirdly, there are much worse ways you could have used your time.

Fourthly, don't underestimate how much you grew in those 6 years. It's easy to forget how ignorant, selfish, and fooling you were back them. Growth happens and is then taken for granted.

Fifthly, you are allowed to have friends and relationships.

Man!! 

I Just love Your Metaphor :x

All of your life you have been told that God created you. God come now to tell you this:  You are creating God❤️

It comes down to acceptance, the problem with how enlightenment is framed is that, you go on some journey, maybe take ayuhesca or dmt, meditate, read books and at some point you suddenly awaken into an enlightened being. 

No all this work is to help you accept everything in this moment and the paradox is if you're trying to change how you feel in the moment with action, you are not accepting the moment. So when you do anything there has to be 0 expectation that it will lead to awakening, not in a way that you want to trick yourself because it really will, but a full experiential understanding that it will not. 

So even this feeling that you want to give up is great because before you were holding onto a notion that this was getting you enlightened. Now you can drop it. It's like before you become a millionaire (I'm not one) you might think my life will be sorted once I become one, when you become one you realise, yes I don't have to worry about money anymore but I don't feel fulfilled. Then maybe you move on and think a relationship will do it, then you think kids, spiritual practice, travelling, fame, then at some point you give up on anything being able to give you enlightenment, at that point you awaken 

9 hours ago, Rilles said:

Who told you to do that?

I'm not in the habit of doing things people tell me to.

9 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@Stretch

How do you want to know your purpose, when you are driven by your friends' needs and their expectations?

Are you talking to me or someone else? Where did you get that from?

9 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

@Stretch

About Leo - notice, that he was a developer for fucking Bethesda and made a million dollars before starting his YouTube channel. He is really serious and honest about his work. Only after going on a journey and discovering these things by yourself, you can really appreciate that.

He speaks from experience, not from dogma and reading the books, you can't just stand there and speak for 2 hours about something, because you read about it and it seems interesting, it doesn't work like that. Your knowledge has to be real, unfuckwithable. At least, that's how I understand that, after putting lots of work and struggle into my own life.

What's your point? I never said anything to the contrary.

8 hours ago, Zanoni said:

Although I want to believe that this will have at least have a positive effects than not doing it. [...]

It is hard work and we will not be congratulated for it, but it will be worth it in the end.

This will pass and things will be better.

Yeah that's what I kept saying too.

All evidence to the contrary in my experience.

8 hours ago, Waken said:

Stretch, what is it that you want from life? Feeling love, joy, peace, transcendence, career, fame, beauty, profoundness, finding a lover.. what? 

Love, truth, freedom. Been very clear on that for a long time. Not found them yet.

8 hours ago, electroBeam said:

Fuck, just be fucken happy for god's sake.

Maybe you're right that it's that easy, who knows, but fucked if I can do it.

7 hours ago, Applegarden said:

I have this to say; This is all entry level things we do, like one of the wors forms of personal development we are doing, lets just say it how it is. Based on the records how people have lived like Krishna and Rada, Rama and Sita, the first Adiyogi, the whole series of Indian or sindu golden ages have come and gone, all that what is possible. Even the traditions that are not broken today are kept VERY VERY poor, like pujas to deities tht grant people extraordinary powers such as shaktis. Like for example Bhuddism is the only ray of joy in that sense - you can't enjoy your activity unles you have to do and sit heartbreaking hours of practice to even maintain the purity and most people get enlightened or psychic after an accident or after some major long disease or things like car accident when they had near death experience. Yes you re right, you are being cheated in so many ways and so many unconscious forces that we have created in our lifestyle are ruling us. Your confusion and anger is not wrong on this, You are hard wired for something so much more. The thing is, it is said by Hindus, you happened to enrich the world in some way you like, but that is nearly impossible to do because what a human being is so badly repressed by yourself even because of these subtle ideas we carry in society. But yes, this self-development ideas that doesn't make your life easy and you have to struggle enormously to attain some high state and drop everything and dismiss life, because there is not enough time in a day because you have to work and engage in people who constantly put you down. And you escape from that in compulsions that drags you down or engage into the dark night of the soul (where you feel like you have to drop everything just to pursue a little bit of difference in your first person experience), which is fine but very cheap, the worst way probably to do spirituality, but the only we know really. 

I hear a lot of dogma.

7 hours ago, ajasatya said:

Sure, blaming others is the easiest way out. It's harder to consider the possibility that you've just failed yourself during all those years. In the end, it was you who decided to follow whatever you understood from what has been discussed here.

As opposed to your experience, mine was extremely empowering. Self-responsibility is a key bottom line here. It should be your Home.

And I am not defending Leo as I believe he's adult enough for that. I just can't overlook traits of Saviors-seekers. In fact, I despise any form of irresponsibility.

I can see why you might interpret what I said as blaming Leo, but if you read it again you'll find that in fact I wasn't. Was just simply saying that it didn't work for me.

6 hours ago, Ya know said:

It's an ego backlash. [...]

If you've been meditating consistently for 6 years I can guarantee your life is better.  [...]

I appreciate the care in the rest of your comment, but from these statements looks to me like you're pretty indoctrinated dude. Must say I saw these comments coming.

6 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

@Stretch Can you share what you were actually doing and what were your results?

How is the money situation, how is your life purpose, relationships, outer environment systems you put up for yourself? how is your health and body, how is your exercising regiment\results? What is your income compared to the average income of your country or society?

[etc etc etc etc]

There's a lot of questions in your comment. Let me sum up my answer by saying my material situation isn't great, and my spiritual progress has been negligible at best.

@dvdas Thanks dude

@Leo Gura Maybe you're right, who knows. I have no way of validating anything you're saying!

@Consept All I can say is I hope you're right.

Edited by Stretch

Just now, Stretch said:

I hear a lot of dogma.

"See, in ancient times, when people were in a certain level of underestanding and experience..."

Well, everything is out there for you to see and decipher what the hell is what.

With this attidude you may need 60 more years as far as i am concerned, i am not saying i am right, but if you think you are being skeptical, i will laugh at you.

@Stretch   I feel ya man, went through the same thing in life.  However there is growth in accepting part of the human life is trying and failing or not getting to where you wanted.  Happens all the time and thats just that.  You can sulk on it, understand it and be fair and honest about what you learned and didn't or you can just forget about and move on and never look back, and hopefully without malice or a knotted grudge in your heart... 

And you never know what will happen once you've moved on.  Maybe a new interest will take you somewhere, maybe you'll do outwardly nothing for a while, or who knows, maybe like me, once I dropped looking for this enlightenment stuff, awaking started to happen on its own revealing everything I was trying to pursue before but wasn't really getting anywhere.

Cheers mate, keep on trucking and do your best to keep a smile, it will make a difference in this chaotic and adventurous world.

Edited by Mu_

After following Leo for 2 years and doing the work I experience christ consciousness. kundalin energy, Enlightenment etc. I was working self actualization by hook and crook for almost more than 10 years, and finally I got very interesting results which I didn't even dream of. Leo help me on the journey, he opened my mind, and encouraged me to do which most people neglect and not interested in. one thing is sure when you do self actualization work you need real school that will help to realize yourself. most schools aren't passionate to help you in to deeper level. I am still didn't done the work, much is required. 

48 minutes ago, Stretch said:

I'm not in the habit of doing things people tell me to.

So what made you think giving up everyday life was necessary?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Stretch Well its either you try everything, it doesnt work for you and then you come to the realisation that nothing will and you embrace that. Or you realise sooner and dont bother with trying everything. But for now you problem isnt lack of hope your problem is that you have hope that some thing will give you what you are looking for, whether its a life purpose or whatever, what im telling you is that the idea that a life purpose will fulfil you is a fantasy youve created in your head, partly because youve convinced yourself you need this to be awakened is the reason why you havent awakened. We make our own barriers, you either get over the barriers by getting what you want and realising theres nothing on the other side of the barrier or you forget about the barriers and realise they dont even exist. Either way is cool cos its all part of the journey, just keep a perspective of what is really going on 

13 hours ago, Stretch said:

I’m leaving now to attempt to stitch my life back together again.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. It seems like you invested a lot into this. 

You know what you need to do. Leave this stuff for a while and work on your human life for a few years. Friends, relationships, finances etc. will all come back with effort.

For me, 6 years of this work has culminated in a total awakening. I transcended my past and became infinite. Now as I congeal back into my ego, I realised the potential of this life, and I also realised that my human avatar is not yet ready to pursue another awakening.

I am also working on more human things like career, relationships, and hobbies. I am going to leave the deep stuff for a few years and work on my 'ego's' life. It sounds like you want to do the same, which is completely fine. There is no reason for you to pursue this work if you don't want to.

Pursue that which brings you Joy. The universe loves you exactly as you are. You can do no wrong.

@Stretch Hey, I'm sorry you're hurting and desilusioned. 

It's the first reaction of forum people to guess where you went "wrong", but not too helpful. 

This stuff happens in all ambitious endeavours. People who shoot high, fail. Think of the sportsman who injures his muscle, the phd who fails to land a science job, the abandoned mother of three, the ruined entrepreneur. You took a high-risk high-gain strategy with spirituality. 

There's no use pretending that intense focus on self-actualization (in the narrow sense) is good for everyone. There's traps people fall into, misunderstandings that happen, and just individual differences which predispose you to (not) being able to take a path. I think this is what you wanted to tell everyone with this post. 

You can rebuild your life and beat your depression. It's the best thing to do now whether you ever come back to Leo's teachings or not. Wish you good luck.

One thing remains true...  There will rarely be a shortage of answers among the spiritually minded.  I probably should throw something on the bon fire as well....

I find myself looking at the lives people live.  The lives people live are a good measurement of their understanding of unity, compassion, and assisting in the collective expression.   I ask, are they living in tightly knit groups that are harmonious and resilient?  Is the person offering advice able to live shoulder to shoulder with others?  How are they designing systems of integration that provide?  How are the inter-relationships being perceived and taught in order to achieve a cohesive unit? 

The degree to which a person knows they are collective, that we are one, will be displayed in their action.  There is a big difference between knowing we are one and knowing we are one. 

I find that the majority of people offering spiritual truths are incapable of living deeply integrated lives.  They have been born into and educated by a system of individuality and primal desires.  This can been witnessed by observation.  It is where we are in the cycle, the process.  Our cooperation is an agreement to compete.  We collaborate through competition.  This is our integration at present. 

I wonder what might appear if we all acknowledged our current actions in contrast to these lofty spiritual expressions.  I feel part of the OP's frustration, one many newcomers encounter, is the stark unspoken contrast between words and actions. 

I am included in this group, there isn't a scalable real-world solution being practiced on the planet.  Here is where it gets funky, where my personal observations come into play.  Life is constantly in a state of perfection.  Any change that is driven from the illusion of "good" and "bad" will produce results in kind.  There is a eternal rhythm or framework that exists and it is free of the illusory labels of "good" and "bad", it simply is.  Attaining this view can not be achieved through judgment but the loss of judgment via a tricky dance of duality transcendence ending in submission & support. 

The line of perception previously mentioned views the OP's position slightly different. (not that this applies to this OP specifically)  The illusion held within the green Spiral Dynamics is key to its own transcendence.  It isn't uncommon for this breakthrough to included some form of initial revulsion to its character.  The self righteous nature of the green is generally experienced, at some point, as tiresome and aggravating.  The illusion, the lie, the deception hurts.  Even though green doesn't intend to deceive or cause pain, it does.  Life is constantly in a state of perfection.  The design, the framework is what it is. 

Unfortunately, we do not have living environments manifested that can nurture this process or provide safe harbor for those who have passed through. 

I am rambling.. Anyways..   The OPs comments have merit and are justified.  The people discounting the OP and promoting alternatives of thought are justified.  How are there daily lives different?  Outside of the thoughts and words how are there actions different?  Yes, there will be some minor intentions behind actions that vary.  Yes, there will be some actions taken driven by those intentions.  For the most part we all are doing the same things day in and day out. 

In the past when knowledge was limited people deserved to be held high for being vocal or writing about concepts.   That period has past.  Those people did their job, the distribution of information.  Now is the time of design and implementation of alternative systems.  This is the great challenge.  Talking at people, pushing information at people in a relatively free society that is overrun information is not that impressive.  (Not to be misconstrued.  I believe what Leo is doing is impressive.  The ability to craft language to embody truths is impressive and needed.  Building a company that is financially viable around this content is impressive.   You can tell he isn't regurgitating what he is sharing, it has been attained through the struggle, walking through the fire.  Impressive.  The content he is sharing has been known for a long long time and isn't new. Talking about it is not new.)

A small group of people establishing a new way of operating, showing that to the world, that is revolutionary.  Action. Action. Action.  If you want to influence the OP create a living model that he/she can witness firsthand.  Words are cheap and easily thrown around with or without skill.  Living a life that embodies spiritual truths can not be faked.  Can not be faked when that life is being integrated in volume, among many.  Solo spiritual people can fake it all day long, they aren't integrating.  We are a collective, we desire this unity.  Very few have this ability at this time.  It would serve us all to own it, to acknowledge this and then to decode why and how.

This is the standard my life will be measured by...

If you aren't living the new paradigm acknowledge that and maybe soften up on those who are challenging others waving the false flags of spiritual positivity...  The people expressing frustration might be doing so because of us.  Those of us proclaiming one thing and doing another.  If we truly embodied these teachings and were living harmoniously people like the OP would probably feel differently.

The confusion these young seekers feel might come from us, those proud seekers proclaiming but not displaying.  The words on the page might make sense but when it is held up to those doing the preaching it falls apart.  People lose faith.    Life is constantly in a state of perfection.  This is the game.  Honesty and truth will light the way... 

Blessing to you all.

Edited by RevoCulture

I can completely relate to you.  Here's my story so far..

I saw Leo's first Spiritual Enlightenment video, and had a small awakening of what I should do with my life.   I gave up everything, and moved country to live by myself and really give the spiritual path a go.   I worked hard for four years, meditating, contemplating, reading etc, only to get disillusioned with it all after not much growth and a lot of suffering.   So I licked my wounds and moved home and went back into society and started again.

After 6 months of that an opportunity to travel to India came up, so I went. I found myself alone again after friends had gone to a beach town. So I decided to meditate again, but this time I changed the technique.  After hearing about how we hold on to childhood traumas in our muscles, I started to concentrate on letting go of tension, mainly in my stomach, chest and face. 

This changed everything and helped me soooo much.  I found that I was holding on to a lot of bad memories from my youth, and that I was completely closed off from most things due to the tension in my body.  I've made more progress in the last 4 months than the previous 4 years!  

Life now is by no means easy, I still have dark moments, but I'm having cool insights along the way and feeling like I'm growing all the time!

Hang in there son.  Maybe try a different technique or teacher or country?   I mean, what else is there to do..  Start a family, get a job, buy a house??     Anyone can do that stuff.      

Congrats on the “awakening”. 

Self-help and spiritual stuff promise a lot of results, but doesn’t deliver any substantial and long-term results. 

In my case, it took me 14-fucking-years of suffering to finally let go of all my hopes on the alternative methods; and simply gave the traditional methods a chance. I had read a lot about it, but didn’t really have a direct experience with it. 

Only if I sought scientifically-based methods sooner, I wouldn’t have suffered so much.

But in a way, I feel like living in hell for more than a decade gave me a deeper understanding of human pain. Because of that, I feel like I have much more true compassion than most people.

That being said, I never want to go back there again. And if that does happen, I know I have professional support. 

Don’t rely your mental health to self-help or gurus. 

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”

— Elisabeth Kübler-Ross PSYCHIATRIST, AUTHOR

one day this will all be memories

On 5/1/2020 at 4:29 AM, Stretch said:

About 6 years ago I discovered Actualized.org and became inspired by the concepts of enlightenment and self-actualisation. Gradually pursuit of these took over my life, as I focused ever more narrowly on consciousness work as a way to improve my life. Eventually, I let go of friends, relationships, careers, possessions, hobbies and interests. Did a lot of meditation, yoga, etc. Built a spiritual ego and did some spiritual bypassing, too. Had one awakening experience.

6 years down the line and I am depressed, lost, alone, purposeless and empty. Trying and failing to find a sustainable life purpose I’ve ended up in a much worse practical position than if I’d settled for something less ambitious, and now I've run out of the luxury to keep looking due to personal circumstances.

While you were looking, life was handing you every answer. Listening to feeling is the key. Here’s some basic info on our mechanisms of ignoring feeling. It’s helpful to understand these, and begin to see how employing them leads into labeling feeling as if it were the problem (anxiety, depression, etc). You might think of it as inspection work to be done...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201110/the-essential-guide-defense-mechanisms

Although my meditation at one point felt like it was significantly clearer, at this point I have to doubt if my concentration is really much better than when I started. I don’t feel any closer to truth, and have completely lost my playfulness, sense of humour and experience of fun along the way.

It’s because you’re claiming the concentration. “It” isn’t “yours”. You, in the sense, this experience, this universe, are a concentration of the ‘true self’, consciousness, if you will. “Your” job, is “Getting out of your own way”, letting all the blockages out. That link above will take time to understand and see in your living, and in becoming attentive and aware of the behaviors and actions you have been inattentive to and unaware of (though you’ve felt the pain of it, as well as the effects - the loss of relationships, etc) you will find concentration, dramatically increases. You can also do simple easy practices like walking meditation, returning attention over & over on seeing, hearing, breathing & feeling. Concentration in this way is ‘outward’ oriented, bringing Being ‘up within you’, clearing out blockages (misunderstandings which keep thought & feeling in discord). 

You have to take a LOT on faith with this work.

I would suggest the other ‘direction’ all together...inspecting, releasing, understanding, healing, transcending. Faith is wonderful, yet can be used as a ‘filler of gaps’, where inspection is fruitful. Consider YouTubing Byron Katie, and checking out her website & worksheets. Simple, yet profoundly powerful stuff. 

The guidance isn’t presented as a dogma so much as a ‘try it and see for yourself’ thing.

Yes. Basically the opposite of faith, depending on what context one applies. 

How long an experiment is reasonable to run, however, before lack of willingness to accept ‘it isn’t working’ betrays treating the guidance as dogma nevertheless?

Context can not betray, as it is not a person or entity, in this way. Refer to that link of mechanisms we employ. 

I’ve wasted 6 years of my life on a totally pointless quest, I’m absolutely sick of it, and I’m leaving now to attempt to stitch my life back together again.

You wisely spent 6 years gathering all of the knowing and content of what you don’t want. You now know everything (for now) that you do want. Make a dreamboard, and you will see. It really is miraculous to experience. If I can help at all, let me know, pm me anytime you like. 

One more thing… I have to ask… Leo’s been doing this thing hard for a while now too, right. Let’s detach ourselves from our beliefs about enlightenment and self-actualisation for a mo and look at this objectively. Anyone else think his life looks a bit sad?

Sadness in this case, is inner being, unconditional love, letting you know how judgement works in terms of thought & feeling. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 hours ago, RevoCulture said:

One thing remains true...  There will rarely be a shortage of answers among the spiritually minded.  I probably should throw something on the bon fire as well....

I find myself looking at the lives people live.  The lives people live are a good measurement of their understanding of unity, compassion, and assisting in the collective expression.   I ask, are they living in tightly knit groups that are harmonious and resilient?  Is the person offering advice able to live shoulder to shoulder with others?  How are they designing systems of integration that provide?  How are the inter-relationships being perceived and taught in order to achieve a cohesive unit? 

The degree to which a person knows they are collective, that we are one, will be displayed in their action.  There is a big difference between knowing we are one and knowing we are one. 

I find that the majority of people offering spiritual truths are incapable of living deeply integrated lives.  They have been born into and educated by a system of individuality and primal desires.  This can been witnessed by observation.  It is where we are in the cycle, the process.  Our cooperation is an agreement to compete.  We collaborate through competition.  This is our integration at present. 

I wonder what might appear if we all acknowledged our current actions in contrast to these lofty spiritual expressions.  I feel part of the OP's frustration, one many newcomers encounter, is the stark unspoken contrast between words and actions. 

I am included in this group, there isn't a scalable real-world solution being practiced on the planet.  Here is where it gets funky, where my personal observations come into play.  Life is constantly in a state of perfection.  Any change that is driven from the illusion of "good" and "bad" will produce results in kind.  There is a eternal rhythm or framework that exists and it is free of the illusory labels of "good" and "bad", it simply is.  Attaining this view can not be achieved through judgment but the loss of judgment via a tricky dance of duality transcendence ending in submission & support. 

The line of perception previously mentioned views the OP's position slightly different. (not that this applies to this OP specifically)  The illusion held within the green Spiral Dynamics is key to its own transcendence.  It isn't uncommon for this breakthrough to included some form of initial revulsion to its character.  The self righteous nature of the green is generally experienced, at some point, as tiresome and aggravating.  The illusion, the lie, the deception hurts.  Even though green doesn't intend to deceive or cause pain, it does.  Life is constantly in a state of perfection.  The design, the framework is what it is. 

Unfortunately, we do not have living environments manifested that can nurture this process or provide safe harbor for those who have passed through. 

I am rambling.. Anyways..   The OPs comments have merit and are justified.  The people discounting the OP and promoting alternatives of thought are justified.  How are there daily lives different?  Outside of the thoughts and words how are there actions different?  Yes, there will be some minor intentions behind actions that vary.  Yes, there will be some actions taken driven by those intentions.  For the most part we all are doing the same things day in and day out. 

In the past when knowledge was limited people deserved to be held high for being vocal or writing about concepts.   That period has past.  Those people did their job, the distribution of information.  Now is the time of design and implementation of alternative systems.  This is the great challenge.  Talking at people, pushing information at people in a relatively free society that is overrun information is not that impressive.  (Not to be misconstrued.  I believe what Leo is doing is impressive.  The ability to craft language to embody truths is impressive and needed.  Building a company that is financially viable around this content is impressive.   You can tell he isn't regurgitating what he is sharing, it has been attained through the struggle, walking through the fire.  Impressive.  The content he is sharing has been known for a long long time and isn't new. Talking about it is not new.)

A small group of people establishing a new way of operating, showing that to the world, that is revolutionary.  Action. Action. Action.  If you want to influence the OP create a living model that he/she can witness firsthand.  Words are cheap and easily thrown around with or without skill.  Living a life that embodies spiritual truths can not be faked.  Can not be faked when that life is being integrated in volume, among many.  Solo spiritual people can fake it all day long, they aren't integrating.  We are a collective, we desire this unity.  Very few have this ability at this time.  It would serve us all to own it, to acknowledge this and then to decode why and how.

This is the standard my life will be measured by...

If you aren't living the new paradigm acknowledge that and maybe soften up on those who are challenging others waving the false flags of spiritual positivity...  The people expressing frustration might be doing so because of us.  Those of us proclaiming one thing and doing another.  If we truly embodied these teachings and were living harmoniously people like the OP would probably feel differently.

The confusion these young seekers feel might come from us, those proud seekers proclaiming but not displaying.  The words on the page might make sense but when it is held up to those doing the preaching it falls apart.  People lose faith.    Life is constantly in a state of perfection.  This is the game.  Honesty and truth will light the way... 

Blessing to you all.

Your answer is well crafted, logically sound, not at all a ramble and a pleasure to read.

Despite all the "spiritual" talk going on here, true (at least) stage yellow differentiated takes like this are the exception (not judging, just acknowledging).

Sometimes stage turquoise is seen as some next level, otherworldly, transcendental whatever thingy..

But most fail to realize that just like for example the bodily, domineering self-expression of stage red will eventually form a collective as stage blue, which reigns in the red impulses with absolutism, hierarchies and rules; stage yellow thinking will naturally develop into turquoise (a collective stage) by living the ideas outward and forming a sort of "society". Not by focusing on the individual journey forever.

Cheers

@RevoCulture  You are like a breath of fresh air

@Nahm Love your words always. Truly a blessing 

@Consept Well said @cypres Good advice right there

On 5/1/2020 at 0:49 PM, electroBeam said:

When are you ready to throw away the need to have life exactly the way you want it? Like a child who didn't get their candy?

This is the whole point of spiritual work. To be able to enjoy life, no matter what. It is fun to make plans and have goals and it feels good to not get wrapped up in the outcome, but to enjoy the journey. 

Even in dark times - and they always come - to be able to sit with the energies that are moving within, feel them, observe them, the thoughts they give birth to and let them go. Cause everything is in a state of constant movement, so why cling to anything? Good or bad? I find Michael Singer's method of letting go very helpful.

@Ya know More good advice :) 

@dvdas Leo is sharing his perspective on the same truth as everyone who looked for it and saw a glimpse. He is sharing his path. You should never take his word on it, nor follow the path if it doesn't resonate with you.

And, just as you look into different models of shoes before buying one, you should also research different paths of reaching the truth before embarking on one. 

My instinct tells me that the common traits are the ones to follow-  'The man without sin should cast the first stone' - blaming game is working against you -  always question everything -  and nothing is ever wrong - work towards love and compassion - many others - look for them, keep what you need, let go of the rest - stop placing blame - nobody is in need of saviors. 

@Stretch There's plenty of good pointers here on this page. Hope one of them will shine some light on your obstacles. 

23 hours ago, Stretch said:

Love, truth, freedom. Been very clear on that for a long time. Not found them yet.

Did you watch these videos? If it helps you to discuss your view on these feel free to PM me.