Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SageModeAustin

I tried both of my life purposes and now hopeless

17 posts in this topic

I tried becoming a dating coach and I also tried becoming a detective. I worked as a security officer for a couple months and I did game heavily and learned a lot from both of these two endeavors but now I’m left completely de-motivated and hopeless for future endeavors. I am now currently studying and training to be an EMT but I am beginning to doubt this one too. Is it really something I can do for the next 40 years? I don’t know. The thing is I don’t feel like I’m doing anything out of inspiration anymore it’s more like “eh this sounds kinda cool maybe I’d like this” 

in 23 now and I feel like I’m wasting my life because I have no idea what the fuck to do and I’ve tried so many different jobs like 12 different ones and they all feel meaningless and I have no motivation to push through long enough to know because a few months in I lose interest completely and decide it’s not for me

Edited by SageModeAustin

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

So, what is your purpose?

What you have described is jobs, solutions to how to fulfill a given purpose. But what is the motivation behind you choosing these endeavors and not others?

Tell us what impact you want to have on people.

Then try to fit some kind of work to that impact and your own abilities, passion and potential.

The fact you are only 23 and have tried all these different things should be a good indicator to you that you are much closer to discovering what you want to do than you think. You know what places NOT to look now, this is a tremendous time saver and puts you ahead of the majority of people in your age group.

Realize the pressure, hopelessness, and guilt you feel from not having it all figured out already is just bullshit cultural conditioning. There is nothing wrong with living a nomadic sort of lifestyle.

You are doing a lot of work discovering who you are, be proud of that Austin :)

hrhrhtewgfegege

You're confusing life purposes with jobs. Not the same thing by far ;)

In fact, if you can put your life purpose into words, then those words are not your purpose. (look up David Deidas explanation in The way of the superior man)

Have you done the course?

If I were you I'd forget about the whole life purpose thing for awhile, because most people here misunderstand it anyway.

Just figure out what you want your life to look like in 10 years, and then break that down into actionable steps that you can follow.

All you need to do to keep yourself busy in a pretty purposeful way for the coming years ;)

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboyyes I did the life purpose course.

Life purpose: I combine ideas together, making people happier by solving puzzles. 

that is my life purpose put into one sentence e ^@Girzo

@Roy thankyou

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

It is good to have a lot of experience with different adventures. Much more risky to go all in on something without really knowing what else there is. I have found with myself trying to build a long term vision of what I want my life to be like is helpful. Find out what you want most in life and what fuels you the most. 

I have done a lot of different businesses myself and surely I probably would be quite well of if I just stuck to one thing. But in each one I evolved to a new level of development and learned more about myself and the world. Those experiences have been very valuable. I would feel worthless if my life was committed to my first business I had started and I continued that path. Not to mention I have a lot of different skills in various areas. But I do intend to master something I love. 

Your Life Purpose is good but its need to be more precise.

Find something that you see yourself doing for at least 5 years. Try it out a few month and do the work. If you still like it stick to it for 3-5 years. There will always be failure and obstacles but you should get motivated and hard enough to stick with it. Only after you put that time in you can really say for sure if its for you or not. Because before that you just dabbled in it.

Apart from work, how's your life in general?

Are "meaninglessness" and "lack of interest" also present in other areas of your life? 

one day this will all be memories

Oh wow! I recognize and empathize with your problem and have dipped into a similar "Where the fuck is this gonna take me?" depression many times in my life.  Look back at how much you grew through each exprience.

DROP the life purpose concern, it is just a tool of self abuse.  Begin the work of observing the thoughts in your head constantly.  Which ones are hyper critical?  Don't try to hard to fix them, buy notice them and be compassionate and kind towards them.  

@universe well I have decided I don’t really want to be an EMT ?after learning more about it

@kag101 I enjoy gaming I don’t think that’s necessarily meaningless because the game I play is very social and we have to talk on voice coms. I don’t really have much friends in real life to hangout with because I don’t get along with any of them anymore. Smoke cigs again because of a girl, also cause it helps with ocd , I workout daily, go on walks and think about life. That’s pretty much my life rn. 

Edited by SageModeAustin

@h inandout so basically just relax and be more compassionate with myself? 

@Average Investor what I want the most in life and what fuels me the most..this is the millionaire dollar question, also this changes so much for each chapter in my life that it’s hard to commit to anything 

@SageModeAustin Figure out what your strengths are. Sort out all of your options of something that will be economically viable. Then pick one things to stick out for a whole year. Put in your best efforts and see how it goes. 

By sitting on the sidelines it won't help you really get anywhere. I had been struggling with similar thoughts, so I hope this helps. Also, don't feel discouraged by your skill at anything. You will build it up with time. 

On 8.5.2020 at 1:57 PM, SageModeAustin said:

@universe well I have decided I don’t really want to be an EMT ?after learning more about it

Yeah thats good. Take your time to really research if what you think you want to do is really how you thought it will be. At least to some extend you can find that out by looking on the internet or better talk to people who do exactly that. But then when you have decided on something that feels good to you (even when you are not 100% sure), stick with it for some years.

@SageModeAustin  accept that the main work of your life purpose will be doing the mundane things. 

A musician practices scales and chords and finger exercises for hours the juice of his purpose will be the song. He accepts the path of continuous practice. Any hero in his journey has to come to peace with the process. That's why having a grandios vision is super important so that you can accept the auxium of continuity of practice. 

Upward surges are less compared to the time spent on the plateau. 

Read the book mastery by George L.

Hey dude,

I feel you.

With a hundred percent confidence I can say you aren't being open minded enough. You aren't questioning enough. You are lacking awareness.

You are displaying behavior of escapism. What are you trying to run away from? Confront that, confront that fear.

Your depressive and dejected behavior is running on a false assumption, a false belief that has snuck into your experience. You don't even believe it can be that simple, that goes back to lack of open mindedness. 

While you confront your fears and false beliefs burn the candle at both ends.

Engage with and expand what you love. Feel into your love. Don't do a single fucking thing unless you love it. 

Get back in touch with yourself by going fucking simple.

You are crippled and paralyzed. You are pathetic. Have those expectations of yourself. Fuck everyone else, give up!

Now go to the hardest thing in your life.

Identify it.

Begin that with a tiny step, make that step shit. You have nothing else to focus on and do.

Take all expectations away from yourself.

Give into yourself.

Much love man, life is tough, and sometimes we are just lost.

I hope you find your way <3