Rilles

A Deep Question To Contemplate (For Non-Enlightened Folks)

45 posts in this topic

What is a thought made of? Scientists would say the neurons make the thought but what is the thought itself made of, in your direct experience? Is it material? Is it immaterial? Is it neither? 

Have fun! :P

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Damnit @Rilles , what the hell is your idea of fun? This won't be fun at all:/ , maybe just funny when I finally realise what they are made of, lol. 

8 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

Damnit @Rilles , what the hell is your idea of fun? This won't be fun at all:/ , maybe just funny when I finally realise what they are made of, lol. 

The deepest form of pleasure is chasing your own contemplative tail. :P

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

Is made out of imagination.

Whats imagination made of?

Edited by Rilles

That's a never-ending question because there are always more things that make up other things, all the way to infinity.  Ultimately infinity/self/love is all things and the only thing that exists. 

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Whats imagination made of?

Imagination is the only thing possible. ❣️

It's You ?❣️?

4 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Imagination is the only thing possible. ❣️

It's You ?❣️?

Is this your experience??

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

What is a thought made of? Scientists would say the neurons make the thought but what is the thought itself made of, in your direct experience? Is it material? Is it immaterial? Is it neither? 

Have fun! :P

I believe, main question is how can we know that thought is exist. It is an internal dialogue that we can never see or prove to someone else. I am not talking about non duality. Even in duality, thoughts are impossible to see or recognize by other or even by yourself. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 minutes ago, James123 said:

I believe, main question is how can we know that thought is exist. It is an internal dialogue that we can never see or prove to someone else. I am not talking about non duality. Even in duality, thoughts are impossible to see or recognize by other or even by yourself. 

Im talking about your thoughts. Look at them. Either theyre there or not. Its about you not me. What are they made of?

@James123 Apparently some people aren't able to have super vivid pictures in their thoughts, which is interesting. I personally can imagine a high definition apple in my head right now. So, I can definitely see my thoughts.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

36 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Is this your experience??

It´s definetely not my experience.

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:
7 minutes ago, James123 said:

Im talking about your thoughts. Look at them. Either theyre there or not. Its about you not me. What are they made of?

Lol. Great question. I believe, They made by survival instinct or ego. Because, thoughts are about being worry of future thats the root of the ego and survival instinct.  Ego is an illusion, therefore thoughts are not there. 

3 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

It´s definetely not my experience.

haha got it

@Osaid you imagine them you cant see them. I cant find myself in the body. Where are you? Not in the brain. And you can find your thoughts with your imagination? Lol 

if you stop thinking, no thoughts will be left and you will be gone.

I don't freaking know what thoughts are made of and it doesn't matter. In my direct experience I can only tell you that they are there. Coming from nowhere and disappearing into nowhere. Sorry, but there's not much more I can say.

50 minutes ago, James123 said:

@James123 You don't have to prove it to anyone. Look at your thoughts. There they are, aren't they? So they exist. Stop driving yourself crazy with your looping questions that take you nowhere. Thoughts clearly aren't permanent and they clearly have an illusory nature to them. But they are there, aren't they? Whatever you look at, there it is, so Love it.

And what do you mean by "it's an internal dialogue that we can't see"? Of course we can. Look at them. Doesn't mean they are True, because they change all the time. But, hey, there they are.

Edited by blankisomeone

@James123  That's what is so perplexing about thoughts, I CAN see them, but not in the conventional way. I see an apple in my thought right now, clear as day, but it is not in physical reality.

Are you actually seeing things when you dream? But there are no eyes to see anything, right? Do we really need eyes to see? 

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

2 minutes ago, blankisomeone said:

You don't have to prove it to anyone. Look at your thoughts. There they are, aren't they? So they exist. Stop driving yourself crazy with your looping questions that take you nowhere. Thoughts clearly aren't permanent and they clearly have an illusory nature to them. But they are there, aren't they? Whatever you look at, there it is, so Love it.

There is no thoughts. Just the body itself. 

4 minutes ago, James123 said:

There is no thoughts. Just the body itself. 

@James123 Please stop confusing the asker of the question, and stop confusing yourself. That statement helps no one.

Edited by blankisomeone