askdfjnak

1000 Hrs Sds In 6 Months

71 posts in this topic

On 1/6/2017 at 3:51 PM, Marc Schinkel said:

@Alex K The return on investment is low.
I can spend my time doing more productive things.

A private journal is more authentic and unfiltered so I will just do that.
If I have a specific question/issue I want help with I can just post it in the main forum and everyone can benefit from the discussion there.

Omg Marc you are so right on point. Dude I absolutely love you.:)

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

7 hours ago, jjer94 said:

Yeahhhh bitch! Magnets!

I feel your pain. Kind of in a similar position. Maybe it's the "entitled millenial" thing, but no conventional job interests me whatsoever. I'd much rather be playing music full-time or writing or whatever. But the price for autonomy is, well...money. I'm a classic example of the "starving artist." Hopefully not for long as I learn more about marketing and transcend social neuroses.

Not sure if you've already read it, but this book may be illuminating for you.

You can always feel the desperation and mortal terror woven into a true artists work. :P
Yeah, first thing I'm spending my money on is marketing training.
Harsh truth is, you need it.

Thanks for the book recommendation. I haven't read it yet because I don't have time, because I work, because I need money,,, to buy time. 
I'll read it anyway.

@Loreena Thanks! Your comment made me feel warm inside :x

This is definitely going on my bucket list.
I think I would like to build my life purpose around flying/freedom.
The two are synonymous in my mind.

On 6/28/2017 at 7:02 AM, askdfjnak said:

This is definitely going on my bucket list.
I think I would like to build my life purpose around flying/freedom.
The two are synonymous in my mind.

What a beautiful life purpose ?

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

1000 hours SDS in 6 months 1 year

1k.png

+ 2 Vipassana Retreats

+ 1 Solo 10 day retreat

Well, I’ve come to the end of what has been one of the most challenging and rewarding years of my life. My meditation practice has pushed me into a new world, one I could never have imagined when I began.

My sanity has crossed a Rubicon of sorts. There is no way I can go back to seeing reality the same way as before. You could say I’ve gone completely insane. :) I now live in a world of my own;  a true wonderland. I am fully aware of what the consensus reality is however, and I can act accordingly.

After having thought more about what I want to do with my life I have decided I want to spend some time skydiving and base jumping. I know this is a terrible strategic move to make in the big scheme of things. It costs A LOT of money, it’s very dangerous and it doesn’t contribute much to humanity. Even so, I find it quite romantic.

This video captures the essence of how I feel about these sports. I know most people think this is stupid but it’s something that is VERY authentic to me.

N.B. I found Donnie

The thought of traveling the world, getting up to mischief, living on the edge, laughing, loving and living with people who share your insanity excites me a lot. There is also something very transformative about recognizing your own mortality on a deep level that enriches all aspects of life. 

I have here a clip of the first solo skydive I did about 6 years ago.
I was so keen to get in the air and feel the freedom of flying that I began training as soon as I reached legal jumping age and had saved enough to complete the course. I love watching this from time to time, to me it’s a great life metaphor.

The most rewarding things in life are usually on the other side of a big leap of faith. It’s always scary to make that leap but by the time you are falling you have already won, even if you don’t succeed you still enjoy treasures far beyond the dreams of men.

Au Revoir...

Edited by askdfjnak

God says there are no accidents, but I have a MASSIVE FUCKING headache.

LET IT BE KNOWN THAT LEO GURA IS THE GREATEST GAMER IN THE UNIVERSE! (and I am a manipulative piece of shit)

*kisses feet*
*kisses feet*
*kisses feet*
*kisses feet*

giphy.gif

Edited by askdfjnak
manipulative*

@askdfjnak Hey, your journal is great, thanks for posting. What's the name of the app to keep track of the hours?

Also love this journal, thanks a lot!

@luismatos You're probably not looking for it anymore but it's Insight Timer.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

@askdfjnak If you're still active on the forum, could you please share what posture you sit in? I assume you've done a lot of research on that

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

Your Journey is quite inspiring. Thanks for sharing all this! Hope you can one day come back to the forum again. 

Edited by Rinne