meow_meow

How can "I" sense "me" if I'm not here?

10 posts in this topic

So I've just started off doing enlightenment work, been doing it for ~30minutes daily for a few weeks now, still new to this anyway. (without psychedelics)

I've recently come to an emotional realisation that I can't really be my body, neither is the voice in my head true. Neither am I (the story of me) true - comletely fictive/can be changed.

Anyway it's this point that I can't get any further from - 

How can "my" physical body sense the real 'me' if the real me isn't here?
Since sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch can only sense physical objects/phenomena .. with what or how .. what techniques to use to develop such sense that can be used to tleast get a little peak 'there'? 

Also, who's sensing who? Is my voice/physical body and reality something that is being sensed or vice-versa physical me supposed to sense 'real me'  .. 

Edited by meow_meow
added a question

Nobody is sensing anybody. It's perception without any perceiver. There's no such thing as hearing or seeing or touching. Everything is as it appears on the surface level. 

5 hours ago, meow_meow said:

So I've just started off doing enlightenment work, been doing it for ~30minutes daily for a few weeks now, still new to this anyway. (without psychedelics)

I've recently come to an emotional realisation that I can't really be my body, neither is the voice in my head true. Neither am I (the story of me) true - comletely fictive/can be changed.

Anyway it's this point that I can't get any further from - 

Since sight, hearing, smell, taste and touch can only sense physical objects/phenomena .. with what or how .. what techniques to use to develop such sense that can be used to tleast get a little peak 'there'? 

Also, who's sensing who? Is my voice/physical body and reality something that is being sensed or vice-versa physical me supposed to sense 'real me'  .. 

You are doing well my friend. Continue your practice and keep asking these questions and you 'll get the answers. 

You are not your body and you are not your thoughts. What is left over?

You are everything that you become aware of. You are awareness itself. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@meow_meow You are exploring some nice questions within “who am I?”. Notice the fluidity of identification to “I”. If I identify as skin, it makes no sense to say “I am sad”. . . . If while walking in nature I identify as the forest, it makes no sense to say “I am sad”. If I identify to a physical body and a story of “me”, it makes complete sense to say “I am sad”. This is clear. Yet if we conflate, things get confusing. For example: If I am the forest and not skin, why am I covered with hair?”. If identifying as skin, this question is quite perplexing. Yet from a view transcendent to skin identification, it’s easy to see how the question is structured and why it is causing confusion.

Notice how attached the mind is to identification as a physical body and thought story of “me”. The human mind is strongly conditioned to identify as this personal “me” and desires the survival of this “me”. It’s very difficult to transcend and a major area of consciousness exploration and work.

Of course you're freaking here. Stop driving yourself crazy. You've always been and always will be.

Edited by blankisomeone

On 30/04/2020 at 3:28 PM, meow_meow said:

You're assuming it is the body that is being aware. How can this be if you are aware of the physical body? Ask yourself what is aware? 

Also why do you assume the 'real you' is not where you are right now. Who told you this was true? Where else would you be other than right here right now?

I'd advise you to practise the Do Nothing technique in addition to contemplation. Do Nothing means don't intentionally do anything. What happens when you completely and utterly let go of all doing? What is left when there is no doing happening?

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Don't believe you don't exist this is a subtle trap lol. Don't believe or disbelieve that you are your body/mind. Just look and see. Kriya yoga is good for creating the silence in which you find yourself. 

@meow_meow just look at where are you in the brain or body? If you separate each organs, you wont be able to recognize yourself. Because you are not in the body. So where are you? Thats how i hit the non duality with meditation just last month. Because somehow I couldn’t think. But i did psychedelics before. Thats how I learn, i just existed. Because of my thoughts. And sit meditate. 

i took very large amount of shrooms and realized everything. But if you don’t meditate or contemplate. It doesn’t stay longer brother. Thats what happened to me. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

The key is to realize that nothingness is self-aware. Everything is self-aware because it is consciousness/Truth.

It's not that there is no you. It's more a question if what the true you is. Right you think you are a biological organism, the body/mind. This is the false you. The true you includes all that but is fundamentall reality itself.

You are reality. The body/mind appears within reality. You have mistakenly created a limited identity by attaching to the body/mind exclusively while forgetting that you are reality itself.

Reality is consciousness dreaming up humans, trees, rocks, cars, stars, animals, universes, etc. Like in a dream, the body isn't you because the entire dream is you.

You are an Infinite Mind dreaming up a body and a world. This Infinite Mind has no substance or physical ground. It is an empty field that can dream up physical objects.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.