Victor Mgazi

The Full Capacity Of Imagination

7 posts in this topic

Right now, one is already an ‘enlightened’ being, that is to say all is already One. But It imagines itself to be something else and further polarities.

So then my question here is, what happens to infinite imagination once one is enlightened? Does It keep imagining? What is being imagined if imagination is creating differences in what is Whole and One? 

If self  is an imagined difference in perception/consciousness, then can there still be imagination without the self image ? What is the connection between imagination and states of consciousness?

The conditioned mind entangles itself even further in attempt to untangle. 

4 hours ago, Victor Mgazi said:

So then my question here is, what happens to infinite imagination once one is enlightened? Does It keep imagining?

Yes, it keeps on imagining and imagines forever. The consciousness just becomes self-aware, so god knows himself finally. 

4 hours ago, Victor Mgazi said:

then can there still be imagination without the self image 

The self is the imagination, consciousness is all of it, and is the self. 

@fridjonk so kinda like lucid dreaming, right? You're still dreaming of a world with a self in it but you're completely aware that it's all a product of imagination 

@Victor Mgazi Exactly. But I guess you still have a sense of self and ego in the dream, if you were to realize you are all of the imagination in that dream world, then yes. 

@modmyth I find the word "imagination" to capture reality, possibly better than any other word. 

These are the definitions from the Cambridge dictionary. 

Imagination: 

• Something that you think exists or is true, although, in fact, it is not real or true. 
  • The ability to form mental pictures of people or things, or to have new ideas.

Imaginary:

• Something that is imaginary is created by and exists only in the mind.
  • Existing only in the mind; not real.

But of course, these come from the perspective of a materialistic universe or a human brain/mind. But it applies perfectly to god's infinite mind as well. So we can say, consciousness is the substance of which is imagined into shapes or a finite form to create an illusion of reality. 

Edited by fridjonk

47 minutes ago, modmyth said:

What is the actual "bar" for enlightened for you? By what standards and means is this measured, known, experienced, and judged correctly?

How to judge whether one is enlightened or not, I really don't know.

For me, enlightenment means being fully conscious of all there is, nothing is unknown. And I'll know that I'm enlightened because nothing will be unknown. 

47 minutes ago, modmyth said:

Often it seems like people mean drastically different things, or have drastically different standards. So people are talking at each other and not even actually speaking the same language, or talking about the same thing if that's the case, haha.

It can happen that people are just not speaking from the same meta level, or that the difference in meaning lies in how conscious one is.

Like you might still find the word consciousness meaningful because of all the ideas associated with it or because it still points towards something for you. But on my side, the word doesn't really point to anything because of my level of awareness, I might have misinterpreted the concept or maybe embodied it or just transcended it to the point where it means nothing.

56 minutes ago, modmyth said:

I think I'm having trouble with your use of the word "imagination" here, as well as with other people who write in this way...

By imagination I'm just referring to this whole meaningful and diverse world/reality. I'm referring to the duality in nonduality, all the form and the finitudes.