eternaldrip

Remembering

3 posts in this topic

Hello I’m listening to conversations with god I’m confused about remembering what am I remembering my life ? My past life’s ? Like I’m here to remember ? What does this mean or am I not listening close enough 

To play the character, there needs to be various ‘forgettings’. How else could we play the character?

Imagine playing a character in a virtual reality game. It doesn’t even need to be a person. Imagine you get assigned some random animal, like a giraffe. At first, it’s obvious you are playing a character of a giraffe. When you walk far enough in the ‘grassland’ you can notice a subtle reset of the scenery and realize “Ahh, I must have walked toward the wall in the virtual reality room”. . . What would happen if you spent a full year playing this giraffe? What if you had a giraffe family and there was no one to tell you that your are not a giraffe? To become the character of a giraffe, you would need to slowly start to forget. Now imagine this process has occurred for many generations over millions of years. You would completely forget that You are playing a giraffe. You would be completely identified as that giraffe within your giraffe story. Then one day, there might be a glimpse of a ‘remembering’. A vague glimpse that you forgot something, yet can’t quite put your finger on it. There is something more going on. It may feel like a glimpse of “my true nature” or a sense of a “past life”. It’s not like a regular giraffe memory. . . Generally, these ‘rememberings’ are subtle. The mind is so immersed and identified into the character of a giraffe from millions of years of programming and a lifetime of conditioning that it is a full-on clear realization of “Omigosh!! I’m actually a human being playing a giraffe in a virtual reality game!!”. It’s generally much more subtle. One full-on realization would likely be too much for a mind and body to handle.

in terms of accessing ‘remembers’, I find it helpful to relax the mind and allow space for appearances. Not just mental images. I’ve found the body to be a massive memory sponge - yet these memories aren’t like regular thought/image memories of the mind. They have a different essence to them.