Verdesbird

im done with psychiatric drugs

10 posts in this topic

about 5 years ago i was in the mental asylyum,diagnosed with psicosis

since then i took heavy psychyatri drugs 

now i dumped then down ,since 5 days from now  ive stopped 

fell much beter now 

what do you guys think about it 

you need a back up plan in case you start getting psychotic thoughts again. It might not happen 
or it could happen at some point

3 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

you need a back up plan in case you start getting psychotic thoughts again. It might not happen 
or it could happen at some point

i live with my parents 

if i started to get psychotic again they call the police and im back to ''wonderland'' again

@Verdesbird  I would like to prescribe some things.

30 min of meditation

20 min of kriya yoga

10 min Wim Hoff method (optional) 

20-30 min exercise 

20 min of journalling 

20 min Affirmation and visualization

Clean diet and detoxification

Making friends (few but rewarding friendships)

At lease ONE of these or ALL of these for best results over time.. 

Gradually implement each of the following. 

2.5 hours to 3 hours working in yourself. It's quite a lot of time which means that these dosages are quite large . 

Find the one thing that works for you and do it. 

Imagine you could feel so much better  on the inside with these techniques and function like a self actualised person.

But 3 hours a day is not easy so start with one thing it may take even a year to implement all these things but when you do it imagine what it would be like to have clarity of thought and physical readiness in everything yoh do.

I was always afraid of getting psychosis so I can just image what you are going through. The anxiety I have is bad enough for me as I am taking ssri so not to self medicate on alchohol. Although I will drop the drug when most stressful events are over in a few months.

It does feel better to get of the meds as with all psychiatric drugs. They reduce the negative symptoms but also can make you general well being become numb. Is there a possibility you could take drugs when you are in acute stages and be without them when you are normal. And/or add baseline things so not rely solelly on medication? 

A natural baseline approach is to reduce the symptoms with a healthy diet, supplements and moderate excercise. Some natural remedies can aleviate depression and anxiety. But please consult your doctor so not to get interactions with the medication you if you will be taking in the future with taking a more holistic approach. 

Personally I focus on a mixture of Wim hof method + Hiking in nature + some medication to reduce my chronic anxiety/madness right now. 

Vincent van gogh did the cold showers in order to reduce the depression in the psychiatric hospital. And some psychiatric hospitals gave as little as kefir for the bad gut health of their patients and saw improvements, as gut healt is linked with different diseases. As Hippocrates would say "All disease begins in the gut”. As there were not many anti psychotic back then, so they relied on natural remedies also. 

And mindfullness helps too and is scientifically proven. 

So the Wim hof method I do is in these steps:

1. The 10min breathing  excercises with guidance of Wim from his youtube video. 

2. 2-3min cold shower. 

3. 10-20 min of mindfullness, preferably outside with your body touching the grass. 

And that would be the minimum effective dose of the pareto rule. 

I do not know what the complete situation is so please refrain from my advice as this is just something that has helped me, we are all alike but still different.

Hope everything will be good for you, blessings. 

p.s. I am also a bird fan ;)

Edited by Zanoni

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki

9 hours ago, Verdesbird said:

about 5 years ago i was in the mental asylyum,diagnosed with psicosis

since then i took heavy psychyatri drugs 

now i dumped then down ,since 5 days from now  ive stopped 

fell much beter now 

what do you guys think about it 

I think you should not dump the meds at your own discretion. Now you feel good, but could have a problem later. Contact your physician/psychiatrist first and consult it with him.

All the best!

thanks people

i just get myself confortable with 1 hr meditation 

i will do a report week by week about how its all going on 

On 30/04/2020 at 3:38 AM, Zanoni said:

I was always afraid of getting psychosis so I can just image what you are going through. The anxiety I have is bad enough for me as I am taking ssri so not to self medicate on alchohol. Although I will drop the drug when most stressful events are over in a few months.

It does feel better to get of the meds as with all psychiatric drugs. They reduce the negative symptoms but also can make you general well being become numb. Is there a possibility you could take drugs when you are in acute stages and be without them when you are normal. And/or add baseline things so not rely solelly on medication? 

A natural baseline approach is to reduce the symptoms with a healthy diet, supplements and moderate excercise. Some natural remedies can aleviate depression and anxiety. But please consult your doctor so not to get interactions with the medication you if you will be taking in the future with taking a more holistic approach. 

Personally I focus on a mixture of Wim hof method + Hiking in nature + some medication to reduce my chronic anxiety/madness right now. 

Vincent van gogh did the cold showers in order to reduce the depression in the psychiatric hospital. And some psychiatric hospitals gave as little as kefir for the bad gut health of their patients and saw improvements, as gut healt is linked with different diseases. As Hippocrates would say "All disease begins in the gut”. As there were not many anti psychotic back then, so they relied on natural remedies also. 

And mindfullness helps too and is scientifically proven. 

So the Wim hof method I do is in these steps:

1. The 10min breathing  excercises with guidance of Wim from his youtube video. 

2. 2-3min cold shower. 

3. 10-20 min of mindfullness, preferably outside with your body touching the grass. 

And that would be the minimum effective dose of the pareto rule. 

I do not know what the complete situation is so please refrain from my advice as this is just something that has helped me, we are all alike but still different.

Hope everything will be good for you, blessings. 

p.s. I am also a bird fan ;)

hello there 

i fell doped down with the medications,now im much more free and its improoves my well being,i can feel my mind much more,have more intense dreams,etc

i meditate in a regular dayly basis,i have a balanced diet,to the moment i droped down the medications until now everything's work just fine with me

no side effects at all

i already telk with my psichyatric and he is intolerant with the medication,so i just stop listening 

nut as i said everything works well without the substances(heavy substances by the way)

birds is the voice of god on earth,love them

peace

Edited by Verdesbird