23 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

At least I'm not God

You're not conscious that you're god...but you are! xD

5 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

You're not conscious that you're god...but you are! xD

It's unnecessary for a dog to say they're a dog 

7 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

It's unnecessary for a dog to say they're a dog 

You don't have to say that you're god, but you can experience it, like a dog experiences being an animal. 

1 minute ago, fridjonk said:

You don't have to say that you're god, but you can experience it, like a dog experiences being an animal. 

If you want to call existing experiencing 

Nak Khid seems dogmatic in that thread, which goes against the principle that you mentioned.

He also appeals to authority and does not specifically describe what tradition he is talking about or any personal revelation.

It sound kind of like : Manichaeism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manichaeism)

He also falsely says that common traditions believe that God is finite and not the creator of evil which is not true actually in any of the Major religions (Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Jainism, etc.)

I don't get why Nak Khid does not deserve to get his thread locked if he himself is not practicing open-mindedness?

12 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

@FlowerNote that's not racist man. You are carrying cultural baggage that alters the meaning of the question my friend. It seems that most enlightened people in history are white. They just wanted to know if black people have had the same experiences.

First of all, throughout history, many enlightened people were Asian/South-Asian, not white. 

I don’t agree, yes this could be the reason, but the question is so just stupid because asking if there are literally any enlightened black people presumes a huge quantitive difference in consciousness between races. If you are really interested in knowing whether black enlightened people exist, then you would just google it and quickly find that they exist.

Making it seem like a genuine question is a classic trolling technique. 

My point is that we don’t know whether it’s a genuine question, the same as we don’t know whether Nak Khids theory of God being finite is BS. But if we act on the bias of locking Nak Khid, we should also act on the bias to lock a racist troll. 

3 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

I don't get why Nak Khid does not deserve to get his thread locked if he himself is not practicing open-mindedness?

Because we should take the point seriously if we are truly openminded. Even if his point is close minded we should rise above and take his point seriously as open-minded people. Classic Pyrronism.

His point is not hateful. It also talks about God, the strangest and most incredible thing we can think of. So why would Leo have the authority to lock his thread? Does Leo have the authority on the most epic thing you can know; the nature God? 

Leo explained that he locked because he thinks it BS and he wants to lead people the right way on his forum. admitting he is biased towards his own ideas of God. We are all biased of course, nothing wrong with that. As long as we admit that we are.

I don’t think Nak Khid’s point should’ve been censored, which is why I made this thread. Leo said it should be censored. Hes the admin, I’m not. The end.

8 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

Nak Khid seems dogmatic in that thread, which goes against the principle that you mentioned.

Leo makes dogmatic statements quite frequently 

10 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

He also falsely says that common traditions believe that God is finite and not the creator of evil which is not true actually in any of the Major religions (Hinduism, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Jainism, etc.)

You exclude the so called "pagans" and polytheists 

But even in a Christian interpretation, look up "Karl Barth Finite God" 

also "Infinite qualitative distinction"

15 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

Do you realize Leo just made a video asking us to consider if murder, rape and Hitler might be good ?  Yet I can't talk about a finite God ? 

1 minute ago, Nak Khid said:

Do you realize Leo just made a video asking us to consider if murder, rape and Hitler might be good ?  Yet I can't talk about a finite God ? 

Good point. According to Leo’s logic the holocaust was made out of pure Love. If your points are this radical, locking a thread from a guy who claims God is finite seems cult-like.

6 minutes ago, FlowerNote said:

Good point. According to Leo’s logic the holocaust was made out of pure Love. If your points are this radical, locking a thread from a guy who claims God is finite seems cult-like.

You're mixing what's true, and what someone is claiming to be true. Of course, you should not believe Leo on anything, but verify it for yourself. So both of them are claiming something which you have to verify on your own, and that's all it is, claims from both sides. From your point of view, either could be true unless you've experienced god. 

2 hours ago, FlowerNote said:

At least now you have admitted there are dogmatic biases attached to what is allowed on this forum and what is not.

No, not dogmatic biases but rules. Every community has rules. Deal with it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Sure, I understand. I made this thread discussing why I don’t agree with the lock. 

What is the exact rule why he was locked?

And of course a rule is a bias. How can you make rules if you are not biased?

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

Do you realize Leo just made a video asking us to consider if murder, rape and Hitler might be good ?  Yet I can't talk about a finite God

If evil is not exist, how can you find the goodness or god? What will be meaning of goodness without the devil? 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 hours ago, FlowerNote said:

@Leo Gura seems understandable if you put it that way. At least now you have admitted there are dogmatic biases attached to what is allowed on this forum and what is not. Not that its bad, your “biases” have helped me a lot. I’m just not a fan of censorship.

This is a good example of why green movements that don't integrate blue values get run into the ground very fast. This is a forum. It's not your mind. Be openminded, but the forum has a purpose, and it's being maintained by enforcing rules. If something goes directly against the interest of the forum, then don't expect to see it here.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, FlowerNote said:

What is the exact rule why he was locked?

Spreading misinformation.

When someone comes here and speaks about God as if they understand what they are talking about -- when it's obvious to me that they have never been directly conscious of God -- I will shut that stuff down. It would be like allowing some rando to walk into a university classroom and starts stridently talking about astrophysics when he clearly has no experience in astrophysics. We are not going to entertain such foolishness here.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Nak Khid Preaching your religion (or your atheism for that matter) just for the sake of it is actually against the rules. However, atheists reject the "stage blue traditional religion" concept of God (man in the sky). It's not the same as you're doing.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

It depends on who decides what is misinformation and what is not and when discussing spirituality, God or religion there is no verifiable way to determine that 

@Nak Khid how can you verify the language that you are talking. Language created by greeks, which mean is by human. How do you trust the language that you can even talk about god or religion? There is no verifiable way to determine first your language. Thats the reason why instead of atheism, god or religion, you should check the language first, if you can trust it. Atheism, god or religion you learned from someone, who id human. You are stuck in language paradigm. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 hour ago, Dand said:

Honestly, just to share my perspective, I agree with Leo on this. I'm not here to waste my time, having to constantly read through his comments since he is very active on pretty much every thread is getting jarring. He's clearly not here to have open discussions, just to hate on Leo and this community, he's not really adding anything, just repeatedly rejecting what this forum is here to do and talking down to others.

I don't disagree that we should all have our voices heard, but I've heard his voice and I know what he stands for, now it's just becoming a hassle and disrupting this forum. Everyone just starts arguing with him about unrelated topics and threads keep getting sidetracked.

It would be totally cool if he were here to learn but it seems he's just here to troll and hate on this community, he's wasting everyone's time including his own. I don't really see the value in having him here anymore as he's stuck in his perspective and clearly isn't going to open up to any others which is the opposite of what this website is here to do.

Exactly! These forms take a lot more effort to sift through for anyone remotely serious if obvious trolls are allowed to just drone and and on in their ego. 

@FlowerNote this is Leo's work and forum. You are getting a free ride. I would imagine there are plenty of forums you could side with trolls that vomit their free speech in condensending attitudes and self-righteousness.  

Hopefully Leo or moderators will start to be ruthless and kick the obvious trolls off the forum altogether.  And when these types start private messaging those in the community (that's what this guy did to me), really they should be reported by anyone it happens to.  It's too disruptive to the community. 

Edited by wordsforliving