LfcCharlie4

2-3 Month Shred

13 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, 

My holiday will probably get cancelled, but it seems like a great excuse to get as shredded as I can before looking to build some lean muscle the healthy way. 

Therefore, I'm making this thread to basically post any fat burning/ fat loss tips to help along the way, and of course if anyone wants to join in feel free!

Currently I'm 148.5 Lbs (as of this morning) at 5"8, so am quite lean anyways, just looking to get more defined and shredded as I've been caught it in the whole cycle or bulking a bit, cutting a bit for a while, so want to build a clean slate to work from and do it the right way! 

Look forward to hearing your guys tips :)

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4

1. One Meal A Day
  2. No, or low carbs
  3. Bunch of protein, and a bunch of healthy fats
  4. Try and stay about 300-500+ calorie surplus
  5. And heavy weights, or bodyweight exercises

And bam, you're ripped af. 

I've been doing only bodyweight exercises for about 1-2 months now. I'll start weight-lifting in May to get into athlete style shape. 

@fridjonk

Never gone low carb before, do you feel good on Low Carb? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 I don't like cutting them completely out, but keeping em low works very well for me. Especially if I'm trying to get low body fat and building muscle at the same time. I'd keep it at around 20-40g carbs per day. 

@Meta-Man As long as they are complex or wholegrain carbs, it's all good. Some seem to be able to function on no carbs, some can not at all. 

@Meta-Man  Yeah man I've been vegan 5 years now, so whole plant foods is all I can eat haha. 

So, essentially similar to Dr Gregors advice in terms of focus on being satiated by whole plant foods, with slightly higher protein than your average Joe. 

Any recommend meals in particular to make staples? 

My only consistent meal atm is Oats (with PB, Turmeric, Ginger, Cinnamon, Chia& Omega Seeds )+ Smoothie (Bananas and Berries, Greens powder, scoop of Vegan protein& EAAS) every morning. 

If you reallt want to get shredded and look good you’ll need to he eating a gram of protein per pound of body weight while also resistance training with a focus on progressive overload. Since gyms are closed though, it’ll be tough. 

For bodybuilding knowledge like building muscle, losing fat, look into a group called 3DMJ. They are a group of natural (non steroid using) bodybuilders that focus on being jacked while also living a balanced and healthy life. 

Hey, I agree low carb is the best for most people as far as fat loss but high carb like vegan is not bad either if you're active.

High protein is necessary as @Consilience said. I'd go with 1g/lb but on vegan you might need more cause of the aminoacid structure.

I'm by no means a fitness expert but from my research, bulking and then losing fat is better if your goal is getting muscular and lean at the same time.

Good luck man! :)

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

No tips just came here to say good luck with your gains mate! You already know what to do ;)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@LfcCharlie4 no sugar, no dairy , no junk food , no processed food, no wheat products, no corn.

I got quite lean by this simple formula. 

You have lots of tips here and probably know a few, so use it as a buffe and pick the ones you like.

Have some easy tips:

1.Avoid "white" carbohydrates. 

2.Eat the same few meals over and over again. 

3.Don't drink calories. 

4.Don't eat fruit.

(berries are ok and fructose is good if you want to bulk up) 

5.Take one day off per week.

(to restart the plateud glut 4 receptors) 

Kettlebell swing, supplements (Green tee tablets without caffeine or just Green tea) sauna, cold showers on brown fat tissue on the neck to increase thermogenisis, Barbell workout like the one advised in starting strength or crossfit, HIT, 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up to decrease hunger, intermittent fasting etc. 

Best of all: Nail your breakfast

Good luck! 

Edit: The most effective shred i did was on a high nutrition cyclic ketogenic diet. I added 100-150g carbs from sweet potatoes on Saturdays + did the short  full body workout in Body by Science and a HIIT on Wednesday. It is not recommended to do lots of exercises on a low carb diet. It feels a bit extasic being in fat burning mode and there is no brain fog either. Although my  the goal was heightened cognitive performance. So i used Eckhart tolles power of now as my daily bible and used some nootropics also. However i got kidney stones from this diet, so please be careful not to over consume any sort of food if you try it out.

Edited by Zanoni

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki