Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Osaid

Insight from a Bug

17 posts in this topic

I saw a bug on my wall and thought to myself, what is its purpose? Why is it here? Why did God create something so small and meaningless? It just sits there and does nothing and then reproduces and dies.

Then I realized, my life is no more meaningful or important than the bug's life. To the bug, its life is more important than mine. All meaning is relative. This wasn't depressing, it just showed me that life is what we make of it.

I intellectualized this concept of meaning being relative before, but I never really encountered a real life example of it in this way. Thought it would be nice to share.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Well not at all. Made me question everything. 

Now once again I have to start it all over from scratch. 

Bugs outside, bugs most likely inside, mind bugs, computer bugs. Bugs everywhere + bugs think they worth more then me. 

Really? Lets test that with shotgun. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Wait a second that gave me an idea. What's most exiest bug for costume? 

Is there such a thing. 

Oh yes Love bug costume will buy her that. Hope she leaves me then I finally get that hot witch. 

I am such a mastermind. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@zeroISinfinity That depression is all ego games. You still subconsciously believe a bug's life is "lower" than yours so you feel that your life lost meaning in some way, but that's not true at all. You haven't lost anything, you're just changing how you see your life.

Meaning is finite. No meaning allows for infinite meanings.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid Was joking my man. Much more into feelings then thinking about stuff anymore. Nothing wrong with bugs. Awesome. 

Aldo I have to find cheapest Love bug costume so I can make my diabolic plan into Reality.

All precious stuff for my dominant witch gf overlord. She will do so many nasty stuff to me. Oh can't wait. 

@zeroISinfinity Someone else might have felt the same way even if it was a joke, so its all good

Good luck with your witch girlfriend

Wait, what do you mean 'it has no purpose'?
All living species have a purpose in nature and a place in the food chain.
Otherwise they wouldn't be alive.

@Osaid Sorry. Mostly I have fun. Your dream or any dream in it's core is Infinite Humour. It really is. 

I wonder what the bug was thinking looking at you.

In Tate we trust

@meow_meow Yes they need to exist, but any purpose you assign is relative. They do not have one single purpose, they can have infinite purposes because they have no purpose. When you think there is one purpose to something its meaning becomes finite and limited. 

The bug thinks its life is more important than mine, and I think mine is more important. Why? Because it is not set in stone, it is relative. 

Meaning is something your mind creates so that it can navigate reality. An object needs to have no meaning in order for you to assign meaning in the first place!

17 minutes ago, meow_meow said:

All living species have a purpose in nature and a place in the food chain.
Otherwise they wouldn't be alive.

Notice that this is only relative to the food chain. What is the purpose of the food chain? What is the purpose of keeping animals alive through this food chain? What is the purpose of creating animals for this food chain in the first place? It goes on forever, the purpose is to just be itself without any existential meaning. Yes, animals are needed for other animals to be alive. But why? There is no REAL reason, it just exists exactly as it is for the sake of existing. There is no reason you can find out there in reality, it just is how it is. You create the model of a food chain in order to make sense of how reality works and realize that animals are needed for other animals to survive, but that doesn't say anything about its actual meaning.

You could say the purpose of a computer is so that you can access the internet, but if all humans suddenly disappeared, it is just some object that can display the internet. Who is to say what its purpose is? There is no one left to assign it a purpose. It just exists as it is.

@meow_meow If you're interested enough, this video explains it pretty well

On 2.5.2020. at 11:07 PM, StarStruck said:

I wonder what the bug was thinking looking at you.

Change your haircut. 

@zeroISinfinity haha pretty accurate actually