Verdesbird

is there sucha thing as a Enlightened Black Men?

19 posts in this topic

i've never heard about it 

just being honest here 

you guys have any records ?

Say Hi to Mooji.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Say Hi to Mooji.

good one 

any more ?

do you consider Indians black? or does it have to be of African origin?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Rilles said:

do you consider Indians black?

o.O

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Tj Reeves guy? He claims to be coral and beyound. Hard to verify if he is enlightened or not. But the guy clearly seems to have robust genetics and robust healthy childhood that gave him a tremendous advantage across a shit load of domains (Including spirituality). Not to decrease his achievements, though, he is a great inspiring example.

@Verdesbird Muhammad, the dude who started Islam. Most enlightened people in the east are people of color. All native americans who practiced spirituality were people of color. The Aztec, Incan, and Mayan people who practiced spirituality were people of color. The Iboga tribes in Africa are people of color...

I would observe the mind’s creation of an “enlightened man”. What does the mind imagine? A man that is always peaceful, making YT videos and leading retreats with a vase of flowers by his side? If we were to search for enlightened men, would this not be a narrow range to search? . . . . I met an enlightened man in person, yet the only people that know about him are the people in his community. Yet they wouldn’t call him “enlightened”. They would simply call him a loving, wise man. . . He can’t be found on the internet or at large retreats. He lives in a small village in a remote area of Belize. Now that I think about it, he was black - yet at the time I didn’t see him as black, Perhaps because he didn’t see me as white. . . . I’ve also met many enlightened beings during my travels through South America. Yet I didn’t find them via the internet or books. I met them by talking to local villagers, connecting with humans, connecting with nature, and following my heart and intuition. I’ve met so many flavors of enlightened beings in some odd places. Some variations aren’t even human. It’s amazing what we can explore and discover. 

Prior to assuming who is enlightened, I would consider what criteria I am using to judge who is “enlightened”. If I myself am not enlightened, how could I judge others as wether they are enlightened? I couldn’t. I would need to rely on what someone else says “enlightenment” is. Yet I wouldn’t know if that is actually enlightenment. I’d be taking their word for it. And how could I explore enlightenment if I allow myself to be restricted by what others tell me enlightenment is? 

Yet the flip side is. . . how would I know if my insights and direct experience is true? What if they are self delusions? This gets into what is ‘prior’ to analysis and interpretation. Yet the self can be quite tricky in how it creates memories and experience as well as taking ownership. In this context, it can be helpful to have a mirror of ourself. Such a mirror could be another being, yet is not limited to other beings. I tend to like mirrors that are clear. And knowing what is clear can take a lot of observation, some of which can be uncomfortable because to perceive a clear mirror clearly, my perception needs yo be clear. If my lens of perception is cloudy and distorted, I will perceive the clearest mirror as cloudy and distorted. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Say Hi to Mooji.

A cult leader sadly.

Indians aren't classically black

Edited by ravlondon

2 hours ago, tenta said:

A cult leader sadly.

tell me about ...

2 hours ago, tenta said:

A cult leader sadly.

why?

by black me means really black like in the image, not indians or araps...

cover8.jpg

You wanna be talking boot dam racial thing man..

Well here me present ya with da big man psychedelic things man.. big man things.., ya hurd?

Edited by Mattie

1 hour ago, Dino D said:

by black me means really black like in the image, not indians or araps...

cover8.jpg

duuuuuuuuuude, hes not enlightened, he just has a long shlong

Dont look at me! Look inside!

This topic is racist! It assumes that black men cannot be enlightened. Perhaps you should be asking how many members in this forum are African Americans. 

Also, I am assuming the term "Black men" is a general term that includes all people of African origin, including women. In comparison to Hindu's and Buddhists,  the numbers of enlightened white men is minuscule. What does that say about white men? Does that denigrate them?

The thread has devolved into racial stereotypes. Rise up guys.