Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hikmatshiraliyev

Feeling stressed, lacking good mindset

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

Every day i learn german 6 hours, practice meditation for 1 hour. But, when i want to do any other thing, for example: socializing, having sex, listening music, watching a movie, etc. anything that i didn't planned before, makes me feel stressed. I feel that there is no place for joy in my life. Feeling is, when i listen music my mind says that, it is better to do extra german or meditation, or something else productive. It's like i am addicted to doing work and competition. I don't know how to plan my day effectively. Is it okay to live everything very planned? x hours of meditation, y hours of socializing, z hours of rest, etc? 

You adking if something is "okay" is something only you can answer. The value metric by which you measure the worth of your actions is relative to your needs. Do you need to be extremely fluent in German? Maybe for work, or even to connect with something? To derive some sense of self-worth?

I think it's important to note that doing the little things our minds nag us about doing frees up our energy, allowing us to then put that energy towards our larger goals. If your listening to music or "Doing the Horizontal Mambo" (thank you Steven Tyler) allows you to focus on work more clearly, then do it. The whole point is declaring and meeting your needs.

Face the inner tyrant. Make it your teacher instead.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@hikmatshiraliyev If you have energy and motivation for studying, then why not? A lot of people have motivation problems, so be grateful if you don't. You don't need to follow a robotic plan for you to be balanced. Instead, follow your inner guidance. If you don't feel comfortable doing something 'not so much productive' or something 'not aligned with your goals and values', then don't do it. It's that simple. However, if the feeling of anxiety and stress arises merely due to the fact of not having a clear plan in place, then try out planning your next few days by the minute and see how it turns out. There's no definitive answer to this question that anyone could give you but yourself.