Virtually

How is it possible that Leo and Ralston disagree?

217 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Consciousness is eternal. It has no beginning and no end. The brain has a beginning and end. 

The brain appears in consciousness. Consciousness is prior to the brain. If you don’t understand this you don’t understand non-duality.

You simply haven’t realized the ground yet.

But I gtg, cya

This is not true, you are expressing the circle as a line. Notice that you have things prior to other things, you have one thing more fundamental than another. This is a story your mind tells. Any story is linear, and this is nothing but a story you tell yourself.

Brain is consciousness. There is no ground. What you talk of is spiritual dogma, it is Non-duality viewed through the lense of physicalism. This is the irony of it. You talk of the circle, but you have not developed the capacity to express and integrate it.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

7 hours ago, Mafortu said:

To not have done any psychedelics in the last 50 years is... weird, even if you are done seeking. Does he ever watch a movie or read a book? If so, then there is also time for some fun and lighthearted recreational shrooming

You think it's weird that someone else doesn't engage in illegal activities that you enjoy doing? I'm sorry, but that's just stupid.

Just now, Meta-Man said:

This is completely wrong. The brain is made of consciousness since everything is consciousness. But consciousness itself is unchanging and constant. The brain is phenomena. Consciousness is not phenomena. You need an awakening to understand.

It is very interesting, because what I said does not stay in opposition to what you said here. This is what I mean, there is a fundamental incapacity to see and express the circle.

Glory to Israel

Whole thread wouldnt have existed if Leo did what he preach.?  He couple of times said along the lines of when you reach there, you cannot ask anyone else coz you realize everyone is you and you made them all. Leo stop doubting yourself you made peter. ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Just now, Meta-Man said:

See my edited post. Consciousness is not a thing. It is Nothing. Nothing is nothing, and cannot come and go. It can’t move because it is nothing.

Again, nothing I said is in opposition to this. You cannot understand me because you have not clearly identified the Circle yet. Your mind is a slave to linearity. When I say you have no capacity to understand this, I mean not that it will be difficult to explain it to you, it will be fundamentally impossible. You have to recognize the Circle yourself.

If you do not, you will keep wondering why something in Maya can cause Enlightenment. Why talking 5-MeO-DMT can "reveal" what you call the Ground which causes 5-MeO-DMT. As long as you do not see the Circle, you will ignore this matter.

You have reached the end of the Line, but not realized it is merely a point on the circle. You have to clearly see the Circle, travelling forth and back will do nothing for you.

Glory to Israel

2 hours ago, Mafortu said:

I will never understand people that say "oh I did shrooms once, I dont see the point of doing them again", really shows how limited their scope is. 

I understand.

However, Ralston did not say that.

12 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Again, nothing I said is in opposition to this. You cannot understand me because you have not clearly identified the Circle yet. Your mind is a slave to linearity. When I say you have no capacity to understand this, I mean not that it will be difficult to explain it to you, it will be fundamentally impossible. You have to recognize the Circle yourself.

If you do not, you will keep wondering why something in Maya can cause Enlightenment. Why talking 5-MeO-DMT can "reveal" what you call the Ground which causes 5-MeO-DMT. As long as you do not see the Circle, you will ignore this matter.

You have reached the end of the Line, but not realized it is merely a point on the circle. You have to clearly see the Circle, travelling forth and back will do nothing for you.

Holy shit is like I´m reading an astrophysic :S

3 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

Eckhart even did LSD, yet said his natural state was far better.

The problem I have with that is the "I tried it once and it was cool" mentality. Psychedelics have to be worked with, not tried like candy. When Eckhart tries 50+ breakthrough doses of any psychedelic, and comes and says the same thing, I'll listen. :P

Edited by fridjonk

@Meta-Man Because he doesn't know if he's fully there unless he tries it. I agree he doesn't have any reason to do so, he's "made it", but you'll never know what you might have missed about reality since it's infinite. I get the sense that these enlightened masters don't actually know the mechanics of god, not that it matters in enlightenment work, but there's a lot to explore, about how reality functions. 

@Meta-Man Yes I fully agree. I guess I'm just trying to say "I'm" interested in how reality functions and how god's creation works. How duality works as it does. 

5 hours ago, Meta-Man said:
5 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

Why would you bother if you are 10/10 content and satisfied with the present moment?

I guess you can come at this from multiple POV, such as exploring reality and God's creation etc. 

But this has kind of been my argument all along, once you 'get it' why do you need to keep going back for more? 

From an exploration POV I get it, as it's not like an explorer goes on one journey and then says right done that, next thing. 

But, from a 'I need more' standpoint to me, that is still someone who is seeking and has not found so to speak. 

So, I guess like most things it boils down to the motivation behind it. 

For exploration of Infinity, I now understand and admit my bias against this beforehand, but I also think if unchecked it can cause endless seeking. 

But, I have never tried 5MEO so how would I know for sure? I just don't feel any need to. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 @Meta-Man I agree with you guys. Once you get the absolute, you get it. There is nothing more to get than the absolute, because well it's the absolute. But...hehehe, do you not have any interest in how relativity works? You live inside, you are, the most beautiful piece of art there ever could be, which is the relative, which takes part in the absolute as infinity. Why not explore how duality works, even after realizing the true self. What difference does it make whether you realize the self and go start a family or a business, or you go exploring the most perfect creation ever? We are doing the same thing either way, one just includes psychedelic exploration, the other includes going to art museums, going to a sports game, etc, you are always exploring the relative either way. 

@Meta-Man I'm not talking about meeting some machine elves or anything like that. More so, becoming conscious of how you are imagining all the components inside your computer, or how when you move your finger, there are trillions of variables in play, and that god imagines this all so perfectly. I find the deeper I go with LSD the deeper I understand how reality functions, and I absolutely love exploring it. 

But I also realize there is an end to psychedelics, I can feel I'll probably give them up someday. Since it's the sober state that realizes the absolute truth and becomes implements it to your being. 

Edited by fridjonk

4 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

Consciousness contains all. It is an infinite container. It is not some point on some line.

Consciousness is constant. It is absolute. There is no back and forth with it. Ni beginning or end. Anything that goes back and forth is only content. This is not some idea I hold. This what IS. Prior to any idea. Prior to mind. Prior to world. Prior to brain. 

The end.

Exactly my point. But yet you are missing it still. :D

Glory to Israel

1 hour ago, Meta-Man said:

Missing what? 

The Circle!

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

2 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

What circle?

The Circle. You will have come to see it yourself.

Glory to Israel