Virtually

How is it possible that Leo and Ralston disagree?

217 posts in this topic

https://mcusercontent.com/8a146e2bfe98efdd8c326d97a/files/08332a98-370d-44da-86ff-2c04a3ff1858/CHNL_Summer_2020.pdf?mc_cid=f12b90ff1c&mc_eid=3667cfd58d

Ralston newsletter, correspondence with Leo Gura, p 15-16 (see link for full, inlc Gura letter)

(excerpt)

As for mahasamadhi, here is an edited down version from Wikipedia:

Mahāsamādhi is the act of consciously and intentionally leaving one's body.
A realized and enlightened yogi will consciously exit from their body and attain Paramukti.
This is not the same as the physical death that occurs for an unenlightened person.
Mahāsamādhi occurs only once in a lifetime,
when the yogi finally casts off their mortal frame and their karma is extinguished upon death.

To tell you the truth sounds like bull to me, just fantasy and nonsense, born from a belief system. If you can leave your body and function outside of it then give it a try, come visit and we’ll talk. If you can dissolve into an infinite singularity of love, do it and let me know how it goes. If you find you can’t, then you might be mistaken. This has to be more than a subjective state, however, so how will you know whether you are having some subjective experience or something physical has really changed? In the case of mahasamadhi all they are really saying is the person dies. That they are a "yogi" their death is believed to be different than mere mortals. How would they know? The guy is dead. If they were deeply enlightened (and I suspect most aren't) they will be where they already are right now upon death, no change at all, except there is no longer participation in the relative. Direct conscious is not relative and so there is no this or that. In your descriptions of awakening there are a lot of this’s and that's, here and nowhere. You may well have had some insights but I think you are also making conclusions about it and extrapolating out where things might go. Please consider this as a possibility

~ Ralston 

Edited by Nak Khid

There is no this or that with 5-MeO-DMT. There is only oneness.

No, with mahasamadhi they are not merely saying a person dies, they are saying that consciousness has become so unbiased and infinite that it surrenders the formed material dream. This is not the same as ordinary death and it can be done on command, at will. How can you know? By doing it! Lol. Many examples are documented.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The thing is, it seems like Ralston does not want to be open-minded to the possibility of there being a whole other world/Existence other than human existence. Should we really assume that human existence is the apex of existence? 

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but that's the impression I'm getting :) 

I'm guessing that is why Ralston is putting attention to the fact that all humans die, so it must mean that automatically the same thing(s) happen to them. 

Edited by WHO IS

1 minute ago, WHO IS said:

The thing is, it seems like Ralston does not want to be open-minded to the possibility of there being a whole other world/Eixstnce other than human existence. Should we really assume that human existence is the apex of existence? 

Maybe I am misunderstanding, but that's the impression I'm getting :) 

Ralston is saying there's no difference or it doesn't matter. And in a sense he is right. Wherever you go, there you are. God is in all places at once. I agree with that.

@Leo Gura i dont think Peter Ralston will believe in me :) I just lost my dad, my health, friends, job and everything at that moment. I was just ready to gave up everything, and had no choice than seeing the God (which is not story to be proud of, because i am aware that my personality is created by my environment, even these words i am writing is inevitable and nothing is under my control, because if environmental factors never push my ego to bring this point, i will never know about enlightenment). Thats why i was just ready because of my Egoistic  environmental factors. Even purpose of texting each other is satisfaction. I believe, purpose of duality is realizing that you are the god or creater within the duality, which will make you aware of your dream and inevitable love or love of the creation. Because you love yourself and everything is you. I just love anything i can. Because all is one and whatever we do inevitable and perfect. Therefore, Staying in nothingness state all the time restricts meaning of infinity with nothingness. If Peter Raltson never felt his ego, he could never be able to realize the truth. Because of that i am not agree with Peter Raltson in some points. Lol. It is infinite, if we want lets be bird lol. Nothing wrong with it. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

1 minute ago, James123 said:

i dont think Peter Ralston will believe in me

It doesn't matter. As long as you are conscious of what you are. That's the power of it. You are KING!

@Virtually i was properly functioning but i was feeling like dying for 10 months, till accepting the truth (what really i am) and surrender my human ego. After that I started to calm down. How can i go back to old days? Lol. I lost meaning of time every second was infinite. In 1 night i felt like lived million different lives, died million times and reach at my real self million times. I associate myself as god in one night meanwhile i live as a human ego for 30 years lol. Of course my ego is still within me and sometimes it takes complete control of me, but ego will never can change truth that i am creator, you and god anymore. Because i can analyze and watch my ego anymore and find his weak points. Lol. It is a game. Lol

56 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

You don’t need drugs or meditation. Just discover that which never changes and let it work its way in you. The way to that discovery manifests in a billion different ways. The important thing is to be Ready and available. You won’t find the Truth. The Truth will find you. 

It’s tricky because you in a sense don’t want to be conscious of it. Why? Because it would be the end of you, your identity, and your whole world. Who would want that?

Goodbye everything.

Except that which is truly Real.

thata your theory not your reality, youre lying to your self... youre not experiencing reality like that at all...

@Leo Gura You are KING. We re all same and KING with UNCONDITIONAL LOVE to the all creation! 

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It doesn't matter. As long as you are conscious of what you are. That's the power of it. You are KING!

Yes I am. 

(lol man really, well it's True no lies about it. Byzantine purple so want t-shirt like that)

@Dino D have you ever realized that your words have no differences then table or me? Or are you alive in only your thoughts?  Have you ever question that who invented the language or how can you trust the language, which is created by human beings to find truth? Have you ever question that where are you in the body?

6 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

How do you know? 

I am not experiencing reality. 

I am Reality.

It is you who are lying to yourself that you are not the Absolute in order to maintain your limited divided illusion.

Well he is you so whom are you attacking amd arguing about?

You are better oh really compared to what "other". 

Just joke whole thing. 

Sweet zen stick. It's just dirty pleasure. Still dunno is it numero uno. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Okay, cool it with the dick jousting.

Recognize when a discussion starts spinning its wheels.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Okay, cool it with the dick jousting.

Recognize when a discussion starts spinning its wheels.

if you know how to do telepathy show me!

I want to download an entire PhD program into my brain! all 7 years in 7 seconds. 

27 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

if you know how to do telepathy show me!

I want to download an entire PhD program into my brain! all 7 years in 7 seconds. 

If you were conscious enough to be telepathic you wouldn't care about downloading PhD programs and you'd probably realize your brain is imaginary too.

What people misunderstand about these supernatural abilities is that they cannot be co-opted and made to serve the ego's petty selfish desires. These powers arise out of a deep selfless consciousness which isn't so much concerned with how to manifest money or prove itself to closedminded materialist scientists, etc. It's got bigger fish to fry.

Also, I don't have telepathic abilities in my normal state. It was a function of lots of 5-MeO-DMT. I have not cultivated it as an ability. It was just a preview of what is possible with training.

@Leo Gura @Leo Guraa how can one practise this skill? Assuming one has already achieved a developed still mind though concentration practises. 

3 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

@Leo Gura @Leo Guraa how can one practise this skill? Assuming one has already achieved a developed still mind though concentration practises. 

I don't know. I lack expertise in such things. My primary focus is not on superpowers but understanding consciousness. Any superpowers I discover will be side-effects of my search for understanding.

You are talking about cultivating classic yogic siddhis. If you're serious about that, you probably want some serious yogic practice. But also be careful chasing such things. I would focus on awakening and liberation.

@m0hsen

Practice Zazen, transcend paradox, use koans. Practice telepathy, like riding a bike, but non riding a bike. Realize your deception fully. Mindset wise, by the time you’re experiencing it, it’s very ordinary. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If you get good with dreamwork you'll have trained yourself to do lots of telepathy already. Granted, in dreams it is easier, there is a lot more interconnectedness and fluidity

Edited by Virtually