Leo Gura

Joe Rogan Imagines Infinity

27 posts in this topic

Lol, not quite...

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That was funny. If he was living forever, he would be talking gibberish forever. :P

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

HAHAHAHA that's hilarious. Joe's in for a shock when he dies. Way worse than dying LOL.

That is true, you aren't going to follow in someone else's footsteps if their life is different in a million ways. 

27 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

meditation, yoga,

He has not done serious meditation or yoga.

Toying around with such practices should not be called meditation or yoga at all. These words have been diluted far too much in the West.

you can have mystical experiences without a desire. But you cannot accept those mystical experiences for what they are without desire.

@Meta-Man I would dispute that he has done the work. He's toyed around with stuff. He has not yet started on the path towards awakening. It's just not something he's interested in. So of course it's no surprise he's not awake. He's a fucking comedian. Let's be real here. We should not hold Joe up to the same standard as a Buddha.

Dammit I went to Lake Havasu on my USA trip, and didn't see any chicks with their tops off!

Just now, Joel3102 said:

Dammit I went to Lake Havasu on my USA trip, and didn't see any chicks with their tops off!

Spring Break ;)

Turn the title around "Infinity imagines Joe Rogan" and its correct

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Jim Carrey is a comedian, yet seems to be on the path. Background doesn’t have to mean anything.

Well... Jim Carey also isn't serious. He's toying around.

I'd never take Joe Rogan seriously. He just isn't on that plane. 

He is one of those Oprah Winfrey style people who just talk a lot about meditation and spirituality but don't actually do as much as they talk. 

His profession is to just talk and talk because it's like a podcast, a talk show, that's what he does.. Peppy and light. 

He is not a spiritual teacher nor have I ever heard him saying something extraordinarily amazing.. 

He just brings on guests and talks.

I don't think someone like Joe Rogan would ever want to delve seriously deep into anything. He is the one who just wants to skim the surface. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Turn the title around "Infinity imagines Joe Rogan" and its correct

Perfect :D

@Meta-Man Jim even made awakening hilarious in that video, excellent actor, and one of the very few in that space who has had a genuine awakening. 

Russell Brand is at least on the path these days, he’s gone from a full time smack head, to Hollywood fame& sex addict, all the way to “regular” (except the millions) family man on a spiritual journey. He’s also extremely funny. 

I agree, background really means fuck all, I’m pretty sure there is a French comedian who had a spontaneous awakening, I’ll try find his name quickly.

Update- can’t find him/ her, I remember he coined a term such as “Transcendental duality” or “Infinite precarious value” but I can’t remember the persons name, oh well! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Meta-Man

Yeah, I'm not sure Russell ever has had a genuine Non-Dual awakening yet, although he's certainly on the path and has some great guests on his podcast, and is still as funny as ever. Also, I can't imagine how hard quitting heroin must be, kudos to anyone in recovery! 

LOOOL that's hilarious, I think he's also doing a few more movies, but has realized no amount of money or fame would make him happy, but his movies and what not can of course be an expression of happiness and love. This is VERY rare for someone at that 'level' in life to realize this, I find his interviews when he was going through his original awakenings hilarious, reporters didn't know what to say, I don't think there's anything in the script about responding to Non-Dual truths.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Robert Greene is enlightened. He was on Joe Rogan talking about meditation and stuff but he was careful with how he put things, just like Guy Ritchie was when he tried to explain the path to him. Joe, and the majority of the audience, had no idea.

There's another comedian who was a PUA and also talks about being God and awakening. 

His YT channel is Sasha Daygame's Infinate Man. But I doubt his teachings since he also talks a lot about conspiracy theories.

This is decent Brand is clearly on the path how he talks here i place him as a stage yellow thinker as he can sit with Ricky Gervais stage orange worldview without any resistance . One thing i see holding him back is his complete reaction against psychedelics as he thinks he will become addicted to them as he is on a 12 step recovery program from heroine addiction, little does he know they are anti addictive!

PS the video starts getting good and talking about god at the 30 minute mark

Edited by andyjohnsonman

1 hour ago, Meta-Man said:

Yes, perhaps. But it’s clear to me he is far from ‘done’ yet. It might just be him trying to keep his ego alive. There’s a kind of despair hidden behind his smile alot of the time, which is typical for anyone going through this. 

That’s how I got on the path. You just realize no amount of fame, adulation, money, sex will ever satisfy, through experience. This is common. But ofc awakening is not common at all. Especially not in Hollywood!

Personally I think he could benefit from psychedelics at this point. But he’s closed to any exogenous substance entering his body at this point it seems. He’s become much more authentic though, and he’s very well meaning. I hope to see him and Jim do something together sometime. I think Jim can nudge him further.

Well, many of those interviews was done and came from a time when he was very deep in the ‘meaninglessness’ part of the path. So it wasn’t exactly channeling God. It was more frustrated as fuck Jim just throwing ‘the truth’ out there ‘cuz Jim don’t give a phuck right now!’

(been there done that ?)

I’m shit at quoting and on my phone so I’ll answer one paragraph at a time bro. 

Yeah, it was definitely a dark night of the soul kind of phase, but had some knowledge of truths, and was sharing them, like you said I don’t even think now he’s finished :) 

Yep, I was the same, I realised no amount of A*s or a 6 figure job would make me totally happy, and realised all was meaningless, at 15/16 that’s hard to take! But, I’m beyond happy I went through that or I wouldn’t be at peace and happy now. 

Paradoxically, you’re actually more able to enjoy life and “achieve” or “manifest” what you want, as you’re no longer outcome dependent, so you can actually enjoy things. 

You can actually enjoy playing football without the anxiety of needing to perform to be happy, meaning you’ll actually perform better.

So, in Jim’s case he’d probably create much better movies and performances without the need of this moving having to hit number 1, or whatever. 

I know you mentioned you used to be into bodybuilding. In that case you’d be able to build an even better body for the fun of it, and without destroying your body in the process as your happiness isn’t dependent on it. 

When you’re already happy and free of outcome dependency the potential to enjoy life skyrockets, it’s the greatest paradox of all. And, a beautiful one! 

Plus, everything you do also comes from a place of love, happiness, enjoyment, service etc, it’s like the ultimate win-win scenario. And, anything false naturally drops away. 

Yeah, Russell won’t budge, and I can see why. I know people who are big on drugs, and they only need a few sips of beer to set them on their way. Although, it could be very different with psyches, but after 15 years of sobriety, maybe he doesn’t want to take that risk, which I understand, I’m not sure I would. Who knows, maybe the natural path is for him!