Rilles

How Do Synchronicities Work?

176 posts in this topic

@Artaemis The thoughts were not directed at you. They just appeared while reading the thread, in general. 

3 hours ago, Member said:

From my perspective, I AM my body, not inside the body or outside of it.

In order to understand you are not the body, you have to do spiritual work. No one can get it with the conversation. Lol. Thats why it is the truth. It doesn’t come with language, it comes with direct experience.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

2 hours ago, Keyhole said:

@remember Human beings are primed to see patterns, it's one way we build our reality.

By applying meaning to it - that is the story telling ego coming through.

It just is.

That's it.

That's the magic, there is absolutely nothing more to it.

I would say it depends on what you choose to include inside this magical IT. You've clearly reached a deep point at realisation. You've emptied your cup, fully. But the cup isn't necessarily meant to be empty forever. That's part of the magic, if you allow it to be. You're half-way through. But continue, there's more.. Illusion also is. Do you see it?

30 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Make no mistake, there’s a time and place for everything. Sensitivity is important, I agree, and I’m working on it. Usually there isn’t a time for saying unconditional love includes all ..’that’. But sometimes it is, due to educational purposes. The Truth is radical. Leo makes this point all the time, but people cannot stomach it, which is understandable. 

The holocaust being a part of infinite Love/Oneness is not something I as a body/mind ‘like’ or encourage. But it is part of life, we are life, and that’s reality. If one is going for the Truth, at some point one is confronted with the whole of it.

I understand.  It is true, Hitler and the holocaust are Me. I'm having to play catch up. Was on another planet for awhile.

(In my 'holocaust' post I was studying another realm brought into existence by embodied unconditional love for my own personal spiritual development)

What is life/reality?

It's a dream within God's mind, imagined by God, seen by God, created by God, created out of God.

God = Consciousness = You = I = Love = Absolute Infinity

Now, why does God dream/incarnate as a dog/cat/Human? Because it's fun to forget yourself. And you will always get back to your real being - God - when you die. The more twisted and lost you get in the role/dream, the more fun it is to get back to yourself at least. It's like when you read a good book or watch a good movie: some times during the reading/watching you can become so extremely identified with the persons in the film/book that you forget you're watching/reading a book/movie. When the person gets a sword through his stomach in the movie you may for a blink of a second feel that you also get that sword through your stomach. When the movie ends you are excited and relived: Oh it was just a film, oh god, haha, what a film!

What is the point of life? To live. So simple.

The point is not to wake up/realize your God doing your dreaming. It is a possibility that this can happen for some human beings. And it can be lots of fun to realize you're God within the dream itself. But it's not "better" than living a whole life, not realizing it. It's just a different type of experience.
Sure, when you realize you're God within the dream it gives you knowledge, wisdom and power to influence the dream more (exercise more free will within the dream beyond the will behind the creation of the dream itself). 

I have always found Leos idea of "hey, I may close everything down and go live in a cabin in the woods for the rest of my life" silly and unmature. Why the hell do that? Sure, I can see the point in going on some long retreats to deepen ones God-realization. It can always be deepened, because God is Infinite Consiousness, and the human life is limited. So it's a never ending development. But do it for the rest of your life? Why? In God's name, why? The point of life is TO LIVE. And sure, it can be nice to live while knowing you're God. But when you know you're God, then for God's sake, go live. Teach, help other people, get lost (consciously) in loving relationships, do something for Earth/society, make an impact, have fun!

That's also why I have always found Alan Watts to be one of the most awakened dudes on this planet. This guy knew what's up. And he lived life.

Also look at Jesus and Buddha. When they become God-realized, they didn't leave society behind. They came back and wanted to help and change the world for the better.

Anyway. So when you within the dream remember that you're God and not the form of the dream, sure, it is obviously God himself remembering he is not form, but God. But he does that "remembering" >>>through a form<<<. 

And I will just say that I do believe that this remembering through form is only possible through the human form (at least on Earth).

Michelangelo_-_Creation_of_Adam_(cropped 
Why? Because humans on Earth seem to be the only form/species where God --within that form-- have completely forgotten that he is God.

Look at a cat. God -- through the cat -- has obviously not forgotten he is God. Thus he can't wake up to realize he is God, cos the God -- through the cat -- is already "aware" of the fact that the cat is God. You see?

But because God -- through the cat -- is already aware of its Godhood, God is simultaneously not aware of it. It's like a man being born blind never seeing light his whole life. Does the man <know> what darkness is? Obviously not! Precisely because darkness is all he has ever seen, he does not know <what it is>, cos he has no opposite of it to contrast it with (light/colour).

God -- through a human being -- sees the light all the time (light = ego/existence/separation/form). Thus God -- through the human -- forgets that its true nature is "darkness" (= God). But God can -- if he wants to, through the human form -- close his eyes and look inward and find the darkness, he once forgot. And thus -- if God does that through the human form -- God can see that darkness is light, light is darkness. I.e.: ego/form is God, God is ego/form: he is God, God is him. 

In other words, because God -- only through the human form -- is able to "know"  the opposite of God -- ego/separation/form -- he is thus also able to, rarely, know himself: God. 

"Father Ocean, hear my song

You're the wave I was made from

Take me back to where we once began

And tell, my love, how I went wrong

Years I've tried to be someone

Could it be your darkness holds the key?

When we close our eyes we may begin to see...

Father Ocean, hear my song

You're the place where I belong

Now take me back to where we once began

Ocean Father, I was wrong

Years I've followed just the sun

But now I see your darkness holds the key

And then I close my eyes and I begin to see

When we were alone."

<<<<<< He wants to go back to the beginning. To emptiness. Before time. Before form, before life. To the universal consciousness that exists behind all appearances. Behind all masks. (‘persona’ in Latin = ‘mask’).

You could call it death. But death implies life. Life implies death. You cannot have “up” without “down” and vice versa. In order to really live life, you have to also know death. 'Life' is dualistic, inherently. But 'being' is non-dualistic, inherently.

Much of his life he has chased the “goodness” of life. The next achievement. The next dopamine kick. The next “golden nugget”. Now, he has become tired of this process, this constant hunt. He wants to regain what he once lost. The knowledge of who he really is.

"But now I see your darkness holds the key And then I close my eyes and I begin to see When we were alone." ----- He realizes that in order to understand who – or what – he really is, he has to cast himself into the darkness. Turn inward, look inside.

“He closes his eyes” = he finally goes inside himself. There he sees ‘real being’. He sees that before himself as a person, there was (and is) just pure universal consciousness. God. Infinity. Nothingness. Love.

He realizes he truly is everything. There is only ‘oneness’. And that can feel a lot like being completely alone. But it can also evoke deep feelings of love, this deep realization of the interconnectedness of all things. You see that you are the other person and that the other person is you. >>>>>>

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

13 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Technically, this is correct - yet I’m not learning how to ‘speak’ Love. . . There is an awakening of the intellect and there is an awakening of the heart. . . 

This is actually a great insight. 

Haha.

I must seem slow, but I'm slowly solidifying that awakening.

God-realisation and having powers are seperate things. God-realisation is exactly that distinction and not another distinction.

As far as I am concerned God-realisation is a power. Why are we not including this as a power - to everyone wondering where the powers are or why we don't now have powers - why is God-realisation not a power. 

If a Mule did become God-realised in front of your eyes and you knew this to be the case, would you not say the Mule has powers? ? 

What powers do you want and why? What would those powers allow you to do that is not already possible? 

Edited by Brenzo2

15 hours ago, WHO IS said:

Leo, could please-please, explain why did You say "no!"??

If you were to become One with the Will of God, your Will would be the Will of God, it would be equivalent. All of Creation is already God's Will, exactly as it is. So you as God would do what you as God always did.

The problem is that you think that your egoic Will will become the Will of God, when it is the other way around. Your Egoic Will is part of the Will of God.

The Will of God is creating everything, including your Egoic Will. If you "become" God's Will, you will deem everything to be perfect as it is, because everything is a perfect manifestation of your Ultimate Will. The Egoic Will might not like that, but even that is part of the Will of God.

The Will of God is already manifesting the universe, every particle that exists. If your Will would be aligned with the Will of God, you would do the same thing as God does. Creation.

Christ is a manifestion of the Will of God resonanting through itself into itself, a reflection of the droplet within the droplet. The embodiment of God is not the Ultimate Union with God, because the Ultimate Union would dissolve your Form completely. That's how the theory goes, atleast.

Glory to Israel

28 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Awaken and you’ll understand. 

What it means to LIVE, is very subjective. Ramana Maharshi is laughing at your idea of what it means to LIVE.

While his talks were good, he was never fully realized and died an alcoholic, sadly.

How realization manifests vary greatly. There’s no better or worse

Too lazy to be ambitious,
I let the world take care of itself.
Ten days' worth of rice in my bag;
a bundle of twigs by the fireplace.
Why chatter about delusion and enlightenment?
Listening to the night rain on my roof,
I sit comfortably, with both legs stretched out

- Ryokan

"Awaken and you’ll understand. " :D:D:D 

To go live in a cabin in the woods for the rest of your life is equal to committing suicide for me. To do it momentarily (months/years) to deepen ones enligthenment = an entirely different thing for me.

"What it means to LIVE, is very subjective."  , Indeed, my dear friend, indeed. 

And I'm glad there is someone who is laughing here.

"While his talks were good, he was never fully realized and died an alcoholic, sadly."
"How realization manifests vary greatly. There’s no better or worse"

Dear friend, aren't you -- and in a very obvious way even -- contradicting yourself here? :D

To me - subjectively speaking - I would rather die an alcoholic than die alone out in a cabin in the woods xD 

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

14 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Awakening is suicide

Not necessarily. I like to use the lucid dreaming analogy.  You could Awaken and be fully aware that you are inside of a dream world that is constructed by your imaginative power while staying inside the dream that's when you become" lucid".  You don't have to exit the dream altogether to have that realization. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

8 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

In order to realize this is a dreamworld and that death is an illusion, you have to die. That’s why hardly anyone awakens.

-

As for you, atleast now you seem open to the idea of there being such a thing as ‘awakening’, that’s progress on your part. bravo

I just showed you an example that you don't necessarily have to exit a dream world completely in order to realize it's dream world. Have you ever become lucid in a dream before?. 

And btw I'm not close minded about awakening as a possibility. I don't take it as a belief or ideology either. It's just one possibility. One way of looking at reality and I'm open to that.   To verify it requires a shitton of work( big part of it is intellectual) that you probably are not willing to do and just want everything to be simplistic  and clear. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

1 minute ago, Meta-Man said:

No the apparent dream world is there. But to realize it is in fact a dream and not real/physical, requires ego-death. People think ego death is different from physical death. Ego death is in a sense physical death because physicality itself collapses with it. The only difference between bodydeath and egodeath is that in egodeath, life of the body still goes on, but there won’t be a separate ‘you’ inhabiting that body. Awakening is a suicide.

I get the sense that you just hold these as ideas or theories about how reality works. Have you actually experienced this ego death?  If so.. you must be realizing this is all a dream of yours and you wouldn't spend time trying to convince someone that doesn't even exist that he doesn't even exist! 

And like I said previously.. I can intuitively know what psychedelics can show me without actually trying them. My dreams are so vivid usually and I know "reality" can't be taken  for granted.  I don't  want to repeat myself I think I made this point multiple times and no one gave me satisfying answers.. "no matter what psychedelics or luicd dreams show you.. How do you know that it should be applied to reality as a whole and say reality as a whole is a hallucination?".  Hallucinations are possible within  reality..how did we jump into saying reality as a whole is a hallucination?. Notice that reality as a whole can't be a hallucination because" hallucination" are a limited and relativistic notion. 

-Osho

1 hour ago, Meta-Man said:

What it means to LIVE, is very subjective. Ramana Maharshi is laughing at your idea of what it means to LIVE.

How realization manifests vary greatly. There’s no better or worse

+10000000000000000

This is literally it, there isn't one way to live life, post or pre awakening, and much of this will depend on your personality (I'll use the Enneagram as an example, like I always do) 

Ramana Maharshi & Eckhart Tolle are Enneagram 9's so they are very peaceful, passive and meditative by nature, they naturally default to the 'simple life' so to speak, I mean Tolle lived on a bench on and off for a few years. 

Not everyone is obviously a 9, as there is 9 Enneagram types. 

Nisargadatta Maharaj (also fully awake like Ramana) used to smoke Cigarettes, shout at his students and actually fucked a prostitute after his wife did, oh and had a family, he was an Enneagram 8 very bossy and full-on, hence the shouting, it doesn't diminish his realization at all. 

It will vary in Body/Mind to Body/Mind, personally I'm a 7 and it's unlikely I'll ever live in a cabin in the woods, but for many, it's their dream, while we are simply the Absolute, you are also a unique expression of this, and don't just become a whitewashed piece of cardboard lol, you actually become more You than ever before. 

Live how you want, not how some Guru does, that's their dream, not necessarily yours :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

20 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Nisargadatta Maharaj (also fully awake like Ramana) used to smoke Cigarettes, shout at his students and actually fucked a prostitute after his wife did, oh and had a family,

Missing that one e makes this a much more interesting story. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

26 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Nisargadatta Maharaj (also fully awake like Ramana) used to smoke Cigarettes, shout at his students and actually fucked a prostitute after his wife did, oh and had a family, he was an Enneagram 8 very bossy and full-on, hence the shouting, it doesn't diminish his realization at all. 

It depends when he did those things after realization. If you´d tell me that he would still be smoking cigarettes and fucking prostitutes 10 years after awakening I wouldn´t consider him enlightened. But I set the bar quite high in terms of being unified with God. For me is not having just a realization but embodying God. 

Why would you hurt your body if you are really that conscious? It seems unexplainable to me. 

@Javfly33

Maharaj: The attitude is the fact. Take anger. I may be furious, pacing the room up and down; at the same time I know what I am, a centre of wisdom and love, an atom of pure existence. All subsides and the mind merges into silence.

Questioner: Still, you are angry sometimes.

M: With whom am l to be angry and for what? Anger came and dissolved on my remembering myself. It is all a play of gunas (qualities of cosmic matter). When I identify myself with them, I am their slave. When I stand apart, I am their master.

You can't judge self or another because another exists in your mind. Your mind imagines the two of you, and then imagines a story so that it can judge. It separates itself from its thoughts and emotions and in that separation mistakenly believes that it is them. 

Any ideas we have about teachers and gurus and our standard and expectations about what enlightenment is are imaginary. You can throw them away. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

4 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

I have glimpsed this, and the glimpsing of this has eaten up most of my life as an ego-self. It really is death, and not a joke/something to take lightly from the pov of ego.

Metaphorically I’m in a kind of limbo state, where I have one eye open, one eye closed. In time both eyes will open and I will vanish completely

We’re having a discussion, and it’s what seems to be happening in the dream of life right now. It’s neither my nor your doing. Why does anyone ever talk about enlightenment at all? Well, it’s just what’s happening.

I doubt it

Do I exist?  It's just your imagination and projecting me and this conversation.  You've glimpsed this before so why are you talking to me at all?  Why are you talking to anyone?  Why are you doing anything?  Why don't just suicide and Awaken? . 

Becarful the rabbit hole can go so deep and it's not gonna be easy to climb your way out.  Don't takes these as ideas and beliefs if you didn't actually verified them yet.   

-Osho

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Javfly33

Maharaj: The attitude is the fact. Take anger. I may be furious, pacing the room up and down; at the same time I know what I am, a centre of wisdom and love, an atom of pure existence. All subsides and the mind merges into silence.

Questioner: Still, you are angry sometimes.

M: With whom am l to be angry and for what? Anger came and dissolved on my remembering myself. It is all a play of gunas (qualities of cosmic matter). When I identify myself with them, I am their slave. When I stand apart, I am their master.

You can't judge self or another because another exists in your mind. Your mind imagines the two of you, and then imagines a story so that it can judge. It separates itself from its thoughts and emotions and in that separation mistakenly believes that it is them. 

Any ideas we have about teachers and gurus and our standard and expectations about what enlightenment is are imaginary. You can throw them away. 

Sure, but relatively to what Maharaj is doing, we can guess how consciouss he was. 

Would you believe that someone it´s enlightened being a crack addict? 

I totally get what Maharaj is saying, but I´d like to know at which point of his path did he said that. If someone is still trapped in the "play of gunas" 10 years after having awoken, then I wouldn´t consider them enlightened. 

Edited by Javfly33

4 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Consciousness is speaking to itself

We aren’t doing anything, consciousness is consciousnessing, and this is what is manifesting right this moment

Apparently Meta-man is commiting suicide and awakening. It’s just a gradual dissolution/process. That’s what seems to be going on in Consciousness and has been for a good while. 

The rabbit hole goes so deep that once you’ve gone in you won’t get out, simple as that. These aren’t ideas. This is reality. Remove all your ideas and beliefs and what you are left with is just Reality - with nobody in it.

So be careful that you don’t fall down the rabbit hole. Though you inevitably will some day. Might be in 50 minutes, might be in 50 days, might be in 50 years.

Awakening is an extreme ‘pursuit’, and not most folks cup of tea

Ok

-Osho