Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LennoxConner

Meditation experience!!

6 posts in this topic

So today i had a very interesting meditation experience. First of all i haven’t been meditating for almost a year now because of various reasons. But i have meditated and contemplated in the past a lot. So i think i have a pretty good understanding of nonduality. Also i had my first awakening experience about three months ago while tripping on mushroms. But thats another story. word counter VidMate Mobdro

Basically just today i decided i really want to start meditating again. I created a to do list for 100 days of meditation. After that i sat down and started meditating and not even 10minutes have passed when my consciousness started shifting in a very way it wasn't like anything i have ever experienced during meditation. I started to feel this presure on my eyes and then everything started to feel much more lucid. Suddenly i wasn't simply aware of the things in front of me but all consciousness around me. It is kind of difficult to explain but yeah... 

And then i started getting excited and it faded.

i think this was a slight taste of nonduality through meditation. But I never thought your state of consciousness could shift in such a significant way just by meditating. Very crazy

I also find it very interesting that i had the strongest experience through meditation after more than a year with no meditation and basically no conscious lifestyle. I think this might me because when i meditated daily amd contemplated constantly i always wanted this awakening soo bad but this was probably the biggest obastacle to it.
Anyways i just wanted to share this experience i had with yall. 

Edited by LennoxConner

My experience with meditation,i think amazing. But the most important thing is to be continue and regular if one wishes to feel the changes. When i am in stress or agony,i try to me sitare,then i feel relave after half an hour meditation. Meditation takes me in deep relaxation. There is another world in our heart. We are too busy to visit the most hilarious world. 

shareit apk vidmate apk pc

Edited by silkscale

Meditation doesn't feel like anything in particular. It's a choice, an action, and a process. You're learning how to focus your mind on one thing and to let go of everything else. That feels different depending on the day, the weather, your mood, and what you ate this morning. forpc.onl jiofi.local.html

Edited by flisterten

@flisterten  Hi and welcome to the forum :)  You're right, though it's great to have special or peak experiences in meditation, we need to let go and move on in the present moment.  All feelings are accepted, without judgement, grasping or resisting. At least in theory, in practice I'm always learning to let go. 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

I really think people underestimate how powerful meditation can be. When I hear people speak of their meditation experiences (not referring to you, just a generality) and they say things like it was "nice" or "peaceful," my reaction is generally: I can't be the only one...

Meditation can be so extraordinarily blissful you may absolutely consider moving to Malaysia to become a monk or something. When you first experience jhana this is a fairly rational response. It takes lots of practice, perfecting technique, listening to others experiences with it, and most of all: finesse. I would highly suggest following a proven system to build the foundation to eventually enter jhanas. My favorite one is TMI.

Meditation led to awakenings and completely transformed my personality in stepwise fashion such that 2 years into it, I noticed I no longer had basically any of the problems I used to have.

Edited by The0Self

How was your experience through the progress of insight? 

Edited by Pell