Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christian

A Critical Habit That Is Very Overlooked

15 posts in this topic

I find that many people often believe that they can just simply start habits, create relationships, make a business take off, become enlightened, create a meditation habit. And when they do that, they simply just rush into the project without ever questioning their actions. They just assume that what they are doing is "good enough" and that if they keep doing what they have always done that somehow they will achieve success. Guess what, it is not. How do I know? Because I do this in areas where I am lacking results - relationships primarily and with meditation. I have recognized the problem and the problem is NOT that I am not taking enough action, well part of it is ;), but also I am not strategic enough. Strategic thinking. This is SO FUCKING IMPORTANT.

In my meditation, I just rushed it. I did not anticipate my lower self and all of its sneaky/deceptive forms of manipulating me to not do what I am supposed to do. I therefore have struggled to create a habit of doing it consistently.

Also in relationships. I have not really asked myself essential questions such as: What  I really want in this area? What are the fundamental principles of being a man? How can i attract the woman I desire?

If I had done that earlier and had been looking for ressources to get it and applied strategy, I would have been much better off.

You need to be strategic in your approach to improving your life.

This is what Leo talks about, but I really want to stress that this definitely is one of the MOST CRITICAL HABITS for self actualization - just as essential as meditation and enlightenment to me. Because think about it: How are you going to satisfy your needs/goals if you do not have a strategy for doing so? It is impossible because you will not be able to work around your obstacles - emotional obstacles, obligations, thoughts, self deception, ego, social conditioning, lack of knowlede. They will hit you like a giant wave all at once unless you have the cleverness to work around it and be more clever than your life is :D

But to do this, you need the habit. This for me is a habit that should be spent doing every day as part of a routine. I just have this intuition that it is important and I hope you have that too...

Please share your ideas with me about this. Would love to hear what you think.

22 hours ago, Christian said:

I find that many people often believe that they can just simply start habits, create relationships, make a business take off, become enlightened, create a meditation habit. And when they do that, they simply just rush into the project without ever questioning their actions. They just assume that what they are doing is "good enough" and that if they keep doing what they have always done that somehow they will achieve success. Guess what, it is not. How do I know? Because I do this in areas where I am lacking results - relationships primarily and with meditation. I have recognized the problem and the problem is NOT that I am not taking enough action, well part of it is ;), but also I am not strategic enough. Strategic thinking. This is SO FUCKING IMPORTANT.

In my meditation, I just rushed it. I did not anticipate my lower self and all of its sneaky/deceptive forms of manipulating me to not do what I am supposed to do. I therefore have struggled to create a habit of doing it consistently.

Also in relationships. I have not really asked myself essential questions such as: What  I really want in this area? What are the fundamental principles of being a man? How can i attract the woman I desire?

If I had done that earlier and had been looking for ressources to get it and applied strategy, I would have been much better off.

You need to be strategic in your approach to improving your life.

This is what Leo talks about, but I really want to stress that this definitely is one of the MOST CRITICAL HABITS for self actualization - just as essential as meditation and enlightenment to me. Because think about it: How are you going to satisfy your needs/goals if you do not have a strategy for doing so? It is impossible because you will not be able to work around your obstacles - emotional obstacles, obligations, thoughts, self deception, ego, social conditioning, lack of knowlede. They will hit you like a giant wave all at once unless you have the cleverness to work around it and be more clever than your life is :D

But to do this, you need the habit. This for me is a habit that should be spent doing every day as part of a routine. I just have this intuition that it is important and I hope you have that too...

Please share your ideas with me about this. Would love to hear what you think.

many people are doing things that they will fail at,  because they are doing them for the wrong reason, their heart is not into it, its not coming from within, its just a whim for the most part, or something someone else thinks you should do to be this or be that.  relationships for the most part fail before they begin, because most of the time neither of the two getting involved is equipped to be in a meaningful relationship, most dont take real love into the relationship, they dont have it so they are seeking it in another, which generally ends in a mess.  generally it is two lonely people coming together out of their loneliness to form a relationship that most of the time ends in pain.  Love is a state of being not an act performed, and if you are not that state of being, then the chance of you having a successful,  meaningful relationship is almost nil.  love is not something you do, it is something that you are and that is what makes a successful relationship because what you do comes from a state of being.  young people and older people create a world of pain for each other before they learn, and most never really get it.

This is the first thing that comes to my mind after reading this:

@Christian Strategic thinking might be necessary to make you aware of the problems that may arise beforehand. But if you think about it, all there is to plan and prepare about is how to endure the inconveniences when they arise. All the growth is centered at these critical moments when you are required to go straight through the fire. That's where most of us start to flutter and start making excuses. 

@Electron 

Strategic planinng is nesseccary to develop a meditation practice. A good way to do that is to journal all of the different inconveniences. Then, you will be aware of them when they arise and they won't hinder you as must as a result and it will be much easier to establish it as a habit.

"Awareness alone is curative".

The problem is not us. That we are at least trying to find some solution. Other people havent just tried to fix sth. 

But we have to interract with them.

Edited by popi
add sth

@popi

The fact is that some people have not found solutions to their problems and if you don't want to interact with them, you do not have to. But you make it seem like you are obligated to. That is a Lie and you know it. 

In reality, you can do whatever you want to do. The Universe is not Holding you back. It is a free place where everything is possible. The only thing holding you back is yourself.

1 minute ago, Christian said:

@popi

The fact is that some people have not found solutions to their problems and if you don't want to interact with them, you do not have to. But you make it seem like you are obligated to. That is a Lie and you know it. 

In reality, you can do whatever you want to do. The Universe is not Holding you back. It is a free place where everything is possible. The only thing holding you back is yourself.

Its difficult for me to not put other people first. Sadly I care about other people's opinions. I havent found the solution to this problem. 

Also..people tend to effect me in some way.

@popi

I do not Think there is an easy solution. Fact is that people that Think like that have a belief that other People's view of you is important and or valueable and therefore, it has to reflect positivity.

I also have this issue and I believe that the Real solution that males you change is raising your awareness to deeply realize that this belief will hinder you in life in different all areas of life and it will never bring true fulfillment. 

There are a lot of techniques you could apply. I Think the most effective one is meditation alone due to the fact that it raises your awarness.

So if I were you, I would commit to meditating daily for 20 minutes. 

Also, it will make you more pressent and happy. Meditation is the KEY to happiness. 

Sounds great. Glad I could help. 

I would like to make one more point:

you should plan for your mind's resistance to meditation and idealt write Down all of the things that hinder you from meditating. 

Most people are not aware of the ways that their subconscipus mind and lower self resist change and therefore nothing happens. 

But you are not like the majority ;) 

@popi

Mastery by George Leonard is a great book that will teach you how to deal with resistance when taking on a challenge like meditation in this case. 

Also, it can give you a clear understanding on what you need to do to become a Master at whatever you want and the process of mastery itself in any field. 

So I highly reccomend it :)