TrynaBeTurquoise

Michael Moore Documentary: Planet of the Humans

66 posts in this topic

All of this information has been known for years by the leaders pushing climate change. 

It was never about caring for the planet or the people. 

On the bright side, Bill Gates is pushing for up-to-date and completely safe nuclear energy. You can see this in the third episode of "Inside Bill's Brain" on Netflix :)

Going to give this documentary a watch too - sounds incredible. Thanks for sharing.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games

13 hours ago, NatureB said:

On the bright side, Bill Gates is pushing for up-to-date and completely safe nuclear energy. You can see this in the third episode of "Inside Bill's Brain" on Netflix :)

Going to give this documentary a watch too - sounds incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Merely focusing on better alternative energy sources is not addressing the root cause. If you watch this Moore documentary, that was the whole point. I wholeheartedly agree. 

HEard there were some scientists saying this film was quite inaccurate.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

24 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

Of course. Did anyone think these companies were not going to fight this? 

Who are these scientists and who funds their work?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

39 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

That's how this game is played. Nobody knows what the truth is anymore. You'll have to discern for yourself. 

My Father sent me the link and urged me to watch it he’s been appalled by the way things are for a long time he’s in his late sixties, after watching it I was so relieved that it focused on the green washing that even had him convinced of the need to invest in renewable energy at all costs,  in fact it was perfect timing to introduce him to Charles Eisenstein’s work, I sent him one of his essays on climate a few weeks back to stir him up a bit, seemed like he was becoming a climate fundamentalist focusing only on carbon emissions which really plays into the hands of industry  and not thinking about the many underlying issues that contribute to the problems we are facing globally which we can’t just engineer our way out of.

Edited by jp73

16 hours ago, DivineSoda said:

That's how this game is played. Nobody knows what the truth is anymore. You'll have to discern for yourself. 

Yup, get used to it. It's all part of the awakening process. The moment you think you really know what's true life will show you the exact opposite being true. And so then you think that is true and surprise, it will do it again. :P

And this will go on until you've matured enough to humbly let go of this notion of truth altogether and sit with what is actual. Or Truth with a capital T. That which is not concerned with phenomenon, or the world. It knows itself, and therefor can trust its own peace, strength and loving care to provide balance where needed, as it's been doing for millennia. It's our job to open up to this and be more and more susceptive to that healing force within.

And that's ultimately where humanity is headed. It's quite exciting, really. But as long as we cling to our little truths there will be suffering. And a lot of it. But it's all part of the unraveling. The balancing act. But even that can be enjoyed. :) So sit back and let yourself be humbled again and again, until there's no one left to claim to know anything anymore. Just Being, contagiously Peaceful.

interesting how Elon musk came on joe rogan a week after planet of the humans releases.

3 hours ago, andyjohnsonman said:

interesting how Elon musk came on joe rogan a week after planet of the humans releases.

I think it had more to do with the pandemic and Musk expressing his views on the lockdown measures and inflated mortality rate 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

This..THIS really got censored from youtube......

27 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

???

unreal. just finished watching this ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Stop spreading conspiracy theories.

It didn't get censored. It got taken down for copyright violation.

If your edgy political documentary uses copyrighted video clips, yeah, it will get "censored". Welcome to DMCA copyright law.

He can always remove the copyrighted material and re-upload the clip.

Of all the crazy shit I've said, YT has never censored me. They don't care. But copyright violation is a very serious for them.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura it's uncanny of you Leo to knock conspiracy theories as if they aren't valid perspectives, when no one's challenging the status quo how are we ever going to get anywhere in these crazy times? You can't tell me you wouldn't enjoy seeing the masses busting out of their absolutes. The only thing better than that is being able to say you played a part in it. And the only thing that needs defending is a fragile ego, be it an individual or collectives. Your content still appeals to the masses, no matter how godly it's become ;) 

3 hours ago, DrewNows said:

@Leo Gura it's uncanny of you Leo to knock conspiracy theories as if they aren't valid perspectives, when no one's challenging the status quo how are we ever going to get anywhere in these crazy times? You can't tell me you wouldn't enjoy seeing the masses busting out of their absolutes. The only thing better than that is being able to say you played a part in it. And the only thing that needs defending is a fragile ego, be it an individual or collectives. Your content still appeals to the masses, no matter how godly it's become ;) 

Knocking the status quo simply out of a populist desire to do so, without proper nuance or understanding of why the status quo exists, is a dangerous thing. There is criticizing of the status quo from above and from below. Most of these conspiracy theories are going in the wrong direction and they will not produce an evolution to the next stage but rather a devolution.

The status quo is better than ignorant populist conspiracy theories. Be very careful with the populist sentiments which are growing popular on YT and other social media platforms. It is turning into mindless mob mentality which breeds falsehood and devilry. It's not just enough to be suspicious of those in power, you must build on their achievements and offer something even more intelligent -- not just bash them.

What's starting to happen now is the masses are acting out of fear, suspicion, and insecurity, which will lead to evil. This is antithetical to consciousness. It's all too easy to rail against those in power from behind your computer when actually you have no capacity to lead people and achieve positive results in the real world.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's all too easy to rail against those in power from behind your computer when actually you have no capacity to lead people and achieve positive results in the real world.

Sometimes you don't really have a choice.  You can be forced into a position of leadership with enough enlightenment work,  even if you are completely incompetent. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Knocking the status quo simply out of a populist desire to do so, without proper nuance or understanding of why the status quo exists, is a dangerous thing. There is criticizing of the status quo from above and from below. Most of these conspiracy theories are going in the wrong direction and they will not produce an evolution to the next stage but rather a devolution.

The status quo is better than ignorant populist conspiracy theories. Be very careful with the populist sentiments which are growing popular on YT and other social media platforms. It is turning into mindless mob mentality which breeds falsehood and devilry. It's not just enough to be suspicious of those in power, you must build on their achievements and offer something even more intelligent -- not just bash them.

What's starting to happen now is the masses are acting out of fear, suspicion, and insecurity, which will lead to evil. This is antithetical to consciousness. It's all too easy to rail against those in power from behind your computer when actually you have no capacity to lead people and achieve positive results in the real world.

It's nice when you articulate why you have an opinion on something rather than just say it's dumb/stupid/false. Thanks for that explanation, your perspective makes more sense now (still disagree though ♥️).

There's no getting away from the fact that the film made by Michael Moore is very emotive - it's designed that way, much of the propaganda we view on a daily basis is designed to do just that, emote people - emotional people often don't question thoroughly the material being thrown their way with such abandon.   There is also no getting away from the fact that our current human model is arrogantly destroying our beautiful nest without thought of the consequences.  Badly made documentary films based on years out of date information do little to enhance the movement for a saner way of living on our planet.  I found this documentary quite useful:  

It does debunk but in quite a reasonable fashion I think, not at all sensationalist.  It appears that footage of the orangutan is actually another product of our prolific use of palm oil, rather than anything to do with climate change, but no less emotive for that reason.  But still a bit of nonsense in a film about panning green alternatives in relation to climate change, and giving away the film's appeal to emotion rather than reason.  Anything you watch that provokes a strong reaction should make you step back and think before you make decisions, not step forward into that tide of emotion that might just rob you of sense.