TrynaBeTurquoise

Michael Moore Documentary: Planet of the Humans

66 posts in this topic

Exposes the problems of "green" energy. Learned a lot from this. 

Has anyone else seen it? 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

I bookmarked it yesterday but haven't had time for it. I'll watch it as I go to sleep tonight and finish what I miss when I wake up, then report back to this thread for you @TrynaBeTurquoise:) I'm really excited.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

Alright so I watch the film. Wow, paints a pretty stark picture. I never imagined just how perverse things are. I'm a little disgusted.

The speech and scene at the end with the orangutans made me cry pretty hard.

I'm glad I watched this, I have a renewed surge for my green attitudes and habits I need to clean up. 

hrhrhtewgfegege

8 minutes ago, Roy said:

Alright so I watch the film. Wow, paints a pretty stark picture. I never imagined just how perverse things are. I'm a little disgusted.

The speech and scene at the end with the orangutans made me cry pretty hard.

I'm glad I watched this, I have a renewed surge for my green attitudes and habits I need to clean up. 

It was very sad but damn, this was so needed right now especially when people are at home and have the free time to watch this. Can make a difference in changing the perception around so called green energy. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Yeah, should the masses finally wake up they'll have a lot to reconsider...

On 4/24/2020 at 9:01 AM, MadeWithLove said:

For anyone wondering. No this is NOT conspiracy, its all facts.

Cha cha! ?

@TrynaBeTurquoise thanks for sharing, delightfully surprised, shocked and saddened by the information and awareness presented  

Must watch for sure 

Holy shit, this was a very powerful film, and arguably the most frightening I have seen. I'm not feeling very hopeful right now

Meh, good film, but don't just take it for truth because you need something to cling to, There are 2 sides to the argument.

Yeah I watched it. Powerful film. Green energy is not the be-all-end-all, something much more profound needs to happen.

I think the documentary makes it quite clear. Either we address over consumption or nature will force us to. It doesn't seem like we have much of a choice.

Edited by abundance

Ok I finished watching it - I feel this doc really ties in nicely with Leo 2 part understanding survival episodes. All these companies who are talking about caring for the environment but actually just doing the same thing with biomass care about their own survival more than anything else. Why is Al Gore a millionaire and you aren't? He went straight in with companies even before his documentary to exploit and even though he and others know its wrong he is feeding his family top quality food in great comfort.

What's even more sad is now all the environmentalists and leftists going after him trying to get the film banned for making "green" energy look bad.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/apr/28/climate-dangerous-documentary-planet-of-the-humans-michael-moore-taken-down

This is a great example of what Leo talked about with collective egos, if a leader or person in the group exposes the rot and hypocrisy or is too developed past the group they ostracize and burn them at the stake. 

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

Yea I was thinking of collective egos when Bill Mckibben wouldnt even investigate his question. His whole worldview has been made around green energy and the fact that its all powered by biomass burning trees would harm his colective ego. Great documentary the problem i see with it is so many problems no solutions. What are we supposed to do with this info? 

5 minutes ago, andyjohnsonman said:

Great documentary the problem i see with it is so many problems no solutions. What are we supposed to do with this info? 

Strive for higher and higher standards and expose the corruption where it exists.

That's the point of any great documentary, to raise awareness.

Without awareness, change isn't possible.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I just watched it and wanted to share it in the forum when I came upon this! Glad that many people have seen it.

It is also an excellent example showing how orange is blind and greedy, how naive and idealistic green is, and how yellow, systemic analysis gets to the root of the problem.

The values of the wealthy need to change radically. The only thing I can come up with is to educate people (especially those at the very top) to embrace a modest lifestyle. "Less must be the new more."

I'm a Mechanical engineer. About 2 years ago, I decided to leave my job, go back to college, and get a Masters Degree.

Being concerned about climate change and lack of sustainable engineering, I seriously considered getting into the field of Renewable Energy Technology. I really dug deep everywhere on the internet and spoke with a few people working in various industries. I also had a conversation with my former professor whose research dealt with renewable energy. 

The overwhelming feedback I got was that Renewable Energy Technologies (Solar, Wind, Geothermal, so on) are not the magic pill solutions that get portrayed in public. We cannot replace conventional fossil fuels with Solar/Wind and sustain the same energy demand. One person went as far as advising me that Renewable Energy Technology is a relatively saturated field and there isn't much to do other than keep on improving the efficiency marginally and improve the power to weight ratio. Nuclear Energy has the true potential to usher in a carbon-neutral energy economy, but its public perception is so skewed that Governments are too afraid to introduce it.

Based on this feedback, I decided to stay away from the field and I don't regret it.

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard