Michael569

Non-toxic marketing & b usiness books

12 posts in this topic

Any tips on books that can help promote a conscious business? I don't want anything that teaches you how to exploit a client's lo-consciousness desire but a genuine guide on how to be found and how to relate to the customer. 

I read Building your Storybrand by Don Miller and loved that. Looking for something of a similar nature. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Are you looking for creating high products or just the structure to market it ?

I have some folders about marketing, didn't dig it.

I would always advice studying spiral dynamics and the book of Don Beck, it's good for communication in business & when it comes about all interaction in life.

if you're deeply looking for a structure, I would seriously just contemplate "the types of products I m selling" and how operate the current market. / type of clients and how to attract them.

Edited by GodDesireOnlyLove

Seth Godin's books on marketing. Eben Pagan is a good resource, but he doesn't have books on marketing, just courses. 

I have read tons of books. I don't think there are many toxic business or marketing books out there. The books are just out there waiting for you to read!

8 hours ago, Austin Actualizing said:

Seth Godin's books on marketing. Eben Pagan is a good resource, but he doesn't have books on marketing, just courses. 

thanks man, I'll look into their resources.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Seth Godin is the most conscious marketer I've come across. 

@fridjonk   To quote his book- 

This Is Marketing. 

And, this the business of the future, even the font is in Yellow, maybe a subconscious message ;) 

@Michael569

If you go into detail about your business more, your target customer/ customer avatar, what you're actually selling, how you will help them etc, it will much easier to help and point you in the right direction :) 

Also, what kind of business are you looking to create. 

There's a huge difference between someone wanting to create say a 10k/ month consulting Biz, compared to a 100k/ month company, so defining that will also help.

And, where are you at right now with your business? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

2 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

If you go into detail about your business more, your target customer/ customer avatar, what you're actually selling, how you will help them etc, it will much easier to help and point you in the right direction :) 

Also, what kind of business are you looking to create. 

There's a huge difference between someone wanting to create say a 10k/ month consulting Biz, compared to a 100k/ month company, so defining that will also help.

And, where are you at right now with your business? 

@LfcCharlie4 basically nutritional therapy setting with seeing clients. I am still defining my avatar and targeted market but it will most likely be men 30-60s at the onset of metabolic disease (the usual inc: stress, bad diet, alcohol, lot of sitting etc) but not definite yet. So I'm looking into how to become "found" on the market, how to communicate and what are the things I need to learn cause at this stage I don't know what I don't know...if that makes sense :D 

Hard to define revenue but at the start it is a success if you make over £2K a month. 

At the moment I am still in school :D so just starting to figure this out. 

@Michael569 Find something that your target audience respects, like some goal or health benchmark etc, and do that thing using your own advice.

You will gain traction because people will be impressed by the achievement and then when they ask how you can hit em with your nutritional advice etc.

TLDR: Do something impressive in your niche and use that achievement as a spring board to attract attention to your product 

@Raptorsin7 thanks mate! 

@Michael569 So you’re essentially trying to get 1-1 clients to fix their health? 

And mainly looking for men 30-60 looking to sort their shit out in a nutshell. 

So, will it be working with the client once a week and offering resources and advice and action plans, accountability etc? 

Once you define what you’re actually selling and to who, it becomes a lot easier. 

I guess you’re doing this online, so how much will you cHarge by the hour? Then you can work out how many clients you need from there. 

Freelancing/ consulting is only finite in scale though, you may want some other products/ services that aren’t time bound. 

Have you considered building an audience via YouTube and an email list? 

you could give something away in return for their emails, and then email health tips and what not most days for men 30-60, and always link back to your 1-1 coaching/ consulting. 

Eventually, you could also set up a paid newsletter.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 lots of questions I don't have answers to yet my mate :D

Yeah I think I've pinpointed my avatar to male, busy, overwhelmed, sedentary, unhealthy diet, insulin resistance, bad lipid profile, pre-diabetic. Seems like that's the majority of guys around me in the corporate type of environment, 

The consult mostly 121 but also would like to try doing corporate events and create few video programmes on particular conditions that men deal with these days. Want to create a package-based system of 2-3 different packages that vary in types of service and pricing such as basic, gold and platinum??

No idea about hourly rates, nutritionists in UK charge between 80-250 per hour. 

Yeah, I've considered Youtube but not sure I'll do that. I'm a bit too self-conscious for that. Doesn't feel like the right thing, same as Instagram I can't get over how fake it seems. 

Offering free stuff and will be part of it for sure. Don't think anybody will want to pay for the newsletter, most people see it as spam unless it is rare and very relevant I guess.