Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZZZZ

The Sedona Method for Anxiety (or other methods)

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I bought the Sedona Method by Hale Dwoskin and stopped 72 pages in. I can't remember exactly why I stopped, but the book just didn't seem beneficial/worthwhile for me at the time. My girlfriend has been struggling with anxiety and looking for ways to improve her emotional mastery. Has anyone gotten a little farther in the book and found it beneficial in their own life?

If not, do you have any other affordable solutions until counseling etc. is more accessible again? She has been struggling with anxiety primarily, with some associated depression from what I can tell. She keeps citing the same self-imposed narrative that is quite negatively biased whenever she does open up about it. 

@ZZZZ I was curious about the Sedona Method but never investigated further. What about meditation or breathwork? Alternate nostril breathing helps temporarily. I go walking every day and that works really well. 

4 hours ago, ZZZZ said:

the book just didn't seem beneficial/worthwhile for me at the time. My girlfriend has been struggling with anxiety and looking for ways to improve her emotional mastery

@ZZZ

This Book is really amazing. I've read already. 

And this book is recommended by Leo. In his booklist.

Well. Don't Stop Reading. Just complete the book and start the practice as well. 

This book is really Really Help you. If you have to dealing with your emotions. This will Help you! 

Emotional mastery is not easy as she saying!

That's need Hardcore practice! long term Vision!

All of your life you have been told that God created you. God come now to tell you this:  You are creating God❤️

@wordsforliving I have not personally read the book on Sedona method but have watched Leo speaking about it once and I have used it too but I personally believe that you have to practice mindfulness by meditation inorder to make full use of this technique.Step 1 become aware of your emotion.Step 2 ask yourself if you could let go of the emotion.Step 3 ask your self if you would let go of the emotion.If the answer is no keep asking the question till you would actually let go.Finally Step 4 is Let go of the emotion.

I recommend using the body awareness technique using a band to remind you to relax your body.@ZZZZ and daily meditation specially vipassana technique would be very Vipassana will give you the ability to be more aware of your body sensations and allow you to relax them more easily.

Also mindfulness with labelling technique or the do nothing technique could be very helpful. The do nothing technique will allow all the repressed thoughts to come on the surface and you could gain more awareness towards them by the act of being aware of them over and over again through practice.Mindfullness with labelling will give you more awareness on the thinking mind and the feeling body as well as their relationship.

Keeping an alarm 5 times a day to record your emotions is another good technique to deal with emotions. Also while recording your emotions become aware of the thoughts you were thinking at that time, you will gain clarity on how thoughts affect emotions.

Finally I would suggest to read the book loving what is. I feel this book can be very powerful and so can the any above mentioned techniques.

Exercising , gratitude and kindness can help you develop good moods too. 

All the best in your journey.

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess these were things I had already explored to some degree in the past. I'll nudge her towards a meditation practice a bit more. I just loaned her the book and wasn't sure if it was worth the read... Now that I think about it, there are other books that I think she would like too.