danilofaria

Is 5-Meo-DMT too much for me?

14 posts in this topic

I have a friend who has access to a lot of psychedelic substances and has been able to provide me some of them. I asked him if he could get me 5-Meo-DMT to which he replied that he could but he wouldn't because he doesn't think I am prepared for that. He even hasn't had it himself for thinking he is also not ready too.

Is he right to think that one should be very experienced to try it?
Considering I take it responsibly (starting with a very small amount first, doing it at home, etc), should I really be worried about it being too much for me?

For more context, I have done mushrooms many times and ayahuasca and some other things, so I don't consider myself completely inexperienced with psychedelics.

52 minutes ago, danilofaria said:

I have done mushrooms many times and ayahuasca and some other things

That should be good enough.

Look, in the end, you're not gonna prepare yourself for 5-MeO-DMT. It will be A LOT for anyone.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I am thinking about doing it soon, however with Covid I won't be likely to see anyone else, like a sitter. Sitter seems like a good Idea. Would it be SUPER dangerous to do it solo? I'll start small and work my way up, take proper precautions other than.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I am thinking about doing it soon, however with Covid I won't be likely to see anyone else, like a sitter. Sitter seems like a good Idea. Would it be SUPER dangerous to do it solo? I'll start small and work my way up, take proper precautions other than.

Vaping is best for beginners. One can take a little peek. A sitter is not necessary. It would be like asking “If I put my toe in the bath water, would I need a lifeguard?”. One would need to be extremely hyper-sensitive with an anxiety disorder to need a sitter/lifeguard in this context.

With a single inhale on a vape you would likely be underwhelmed, thinking “What’s supposed to happen? Is this it?”. 

As you increase the intensity, there may come a time you want a sitter for a breakthrough experience, yet  you aren’t there yet. I’d cross that bridge when you get there.

@Serotoninluv you say vaping is Best for beginner? How Do you come to this conclusion? What about plugging? 

I know you once said, with vaping you can control the intensity in real time. Is this the advantage over plugging? 

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

@Serotoninluv you say vaping is Best for beginner? How Do you come to this conclusion? What about plugging? 

I know you once said, with vaping you can control the intensity in real time. Is this the advantage over plugging? 

I’ve insufflated, plugged and vaped. Of the three, I’d say insufflation is the worst and I won’t use that ROA again. For me, plugging and vaping each have their benefits. Plugging has a wavelike essence to it and lasts longer. Vaping is more like a boost of baseline consciousness, yet I’ve gone to some pretty deep areas - probably a combination of being in the right mindset, setting and digging in with the vape. 

From what you describe of yourself, vaping sounds like it would fit you well. It is like slowly getting into the pool. You can pull back if you want. Plugging would be like diving into the pool. Once you jump and are in the air, there is no undoing it, regardless of how much the mind-body wants to return. Similarly, once the 5-Meo is plugged, that’s it. It’s best to surrender because there is no undoing it. This has the advantage of going deeper because there is no turning back. Like jumping out of a plane to sky dive. . . Vaping is like an intensity dial. This can have an advantage for beginners that like to put their feet in the water slowly. Yet the disadvantage is it’s super easy to back out if things become uncertainly uncomfortable. I’d say it would be difficult for a beginner to breakthrough since they will likely back out at the first signs of a mindfuck.  

It's possible to make your own vape pen carts using 5-MeO-DMT. It's quite awesome. One puff and you're sky high.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's possible to make your own vape pen carts using 5-MeO-DMT. It's quite awesome. One puff and you're sky high.

I’m not versed in this area. Would that involve concentrated 5Meo oils similar to THC oil carts?

11 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

I’m not versed in this area. Would that involve concentrated 5Meo oils similar to THC oil carts?

You should use the highest purity organic turpenes to dissolve the 5-MeO so that you don't damage your lungs.

Cheap low quality oils cause that vaping lung disease.

@Leo Gura You can make your own dmt carts with liquidizer pg400. (Got to find the golden ratio though) and it would recrystallize in the cart, so you'd have to harm it up a bit before using it. (I'm sure it'll work with 5-MeO as well)

@Serotoninluv thc carts are usually distilled if you buy good ones... there are terpens and liquidizers availible out there.. terpens don't sound like a good idea for free base crystals. (The vaping "disease" is cause by vitamin E acetate)

Edited by Nathan J

6 minutes ago, Nathan J said:

@Leo Gura You can make your own dmt carts with liquidizer pg400. (Got to find the golden ratio though) and it would recrystallize in the cart, so you'd have to harm it up a bit before using it. (I'm sure it'll work with 5-MeO as well)

I would not use some cheap liquidizer. It's gonna harm your lungs.

Terpenes will work for DMT as well as 5-MeO.