UnconsciousHuman

Sweaty Palms

21 posts in this topic

Is this a cause of anxiety? Throughout my day I will spontaneously get sweaty palms. I usually notice at those moments I am caught up in fear to some extent. 

Is there a solution to this? Diet, supplements... 

Look inside your soul, maybe you'll find gold there and get rich.

26 minutes ago, UnconsciousHuman said:

I usually notice at those moments I am caught up in fear to some extent.

There is your response :)

Whatever is keeping you in the state of fear and anxiety has to be addressed. Maybe some shadow work needs to be done to identify the cause of your subconscious fears? Could be a repression of some sort? 

Radical Honesty by Dawn Blanton talks about this quite a bit and so does Gabor Matte in "When the Body says No"

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Chronic stress results in sweaty hands and armpits. 

When the body is under heavy stress it triggers our fight or flight response and associated hormones. Many people's bodies are in a constant high stress state and can't turn this fight or flight response off. This is due to improper diet, a lack of sleep, a lack of or too much exercise as well as a myriad of stressful emotional issues. 

If you have anxiety and sweaty palms those are symptoms of a deeper issues. 

Some things to look into:

• Am I sleeping 7-9 hours per night?
  • Do I have a healthy circadian rhythm? A regular sleep wake cycle?
  • Am I addicted to any substances such as sugar, alcohol, caffeine, etc?
  • Do I have a healthy body composition? 
  • Do I move my body in a fashion that elevates my heart rate on a daily basis? 
  • How are my relationships with my parents? Friends?
  • What kind of tone does my internal dialogue take? Is it pessimistic? Or empowering?
  • Is my job aligned with my core values/life purpose?
  • Are my sexual needs being fullfilled?
  • Do I regularly partake in activities that bring me joy?

Just some ideas. Don't look for a bandaid solution to remove the sweaty palms. Look for the root issues of the problems. You're going to have to look within and evaluate your own life.

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@King Merk Powerful stuff buddy, I really appreciate how you made a comprehensive list.

@Red-White-Light Nope, what is the line of thought that led you to ask that? Very curious.

Edited by UnconsciousHuman

@Red-White-Light Ah I see, you gonna also ask if I get vomit on my sweater from time to time? And If its mom's spaghetti that's causing that? 

@UnconsciousHuman Yeah, lol. I get really sweat palms also it’s just genetic. I did a dna test once and they can actually predict if you get the sweaty hand trait. My hands sometimes wet my usb charging port because sweat gets into it.

Edited by Red-White-Light

@Red-White-Light

Sure there is a genetic component, but the trigger is anxiety, its because your anxious you activate that genetic trigger, it's not that you've got this genetic thing going on and that's just life. 

OMG! Thank you love for this guidance! You’re of course, completely right - what I was thinkin simply wasn’t true!.”

Source is always guiding you, looking out for you. 

It’s truly an inside job. 

Feeling better feels better than being right. 

Be right about fear at your own peril. 

Radical - RADICAL open mindedness. 

Even the idea of ‘being right’, can go. 

Right & wrong is just a fleeting duality. 

All but direct experience is a facade of the matrix of thought. 

Direct experience does not imply time, any differences or distinctions, such as you. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm The first line repeated back to you. :) 

@remember Thanks for the input, now that you mentioned it, yes whenever I take cold showers I don't get sweaty palms o sweaty anything for the next 5-6 hours. The lack of sweaty palms after the cold shower might be a result of the drastic reduction in anxiety that comes from cold exposure but who knows.

@remember I'll try that and report back the results.

@remember So let me ask you this question, why do you think it is that sometimes I have sweaty palms and other times I don't. What's at play here, usually I notice my sweaty palms and then notice the heightened anxiety or fear but not always is there anxiety (or maybe I'm too unconscious to notice). Could it be the heat regulatory system malfunctioning? I have no clue what this system is or how it works btw so if you could give some insight into that I would appreciate it.

@remember Damn another reply huh? Just read up that a common cure for hyperhidrosis is antidepressants, If I'm not mistaken that works with anxiety or does it also influence the heat regulatory system. 

Your fight or flight/sympathetic NS seems overactive. You consume stimulants by chance?

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry