Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShugendoRa

So why are we suppose to hate Sam Harris Again?

7 posts in this topic

I know Sam and Jordan are like spreading a fake message but what was it again?

@The observer Leo Gura said that they are both bad men. And I blindly agreed but when I looked to their content there shit wasn’t so bad. So why are they bad ? Because they are not enlightened ? 

@ShugendoRa
To put it into simple terms as I see it Jordan is totally stick in his mind and Sam is totally stuck in materialism.

But to add something to that, I don't think they are bad at all. They both kinda have a lot of yellow actually, I would personally put them both into early-mid yellow stages and they definitely have very sharp intellects.
So they do have somewhat advanced content.

Edited by LaucherJunge

2 minutes ago, ShugendoRa said:

@The observer Leo Gura said that they are both bad men.

are u quoting leo? this does not sound like him. he never puts ppl in bad vs good categories but i havent watched his last video so i dont know if thats changed 

4 minutes ago, ShugendoRa said:

@The observer And I blindly agreed 

haha why would u do that?

5 minutes ago, ShugendoRa said:

@The observer then I looked to their content there shit wasn’t so bad.

every thing has innate value and all judgement is relative

6 minutes ago, ShugendoRa said:

@The observer So why are they bad ? Because they are not enlightened ?

@ShugendoRa Please don’t create manufactured drama. No one has said we should “hate” Sam Harris and no one has said Sam Harris is a “bad man”. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not intentionally trolling here. In the future, please be mindful of creating distorted frames that are inflammatory. 

A better frame would be “What are Sam Harris’ gaps of understanding? What are his misunderstandings?”. Framing it as “Everyone says we should hate Sam Harris because he is a bad man. Why should we hate Sam Harris? Why is Sam Harris a bad man?”. This is based on inaccurate assumption that can be distractive, potentially inflammatory and counter-productive to exploring and deepening one’s understanding. 

Sam Harris and JP are perfect as they are. They are evolving and growing just like the rest of us. This doesn’t mean we should each have perfect understanding of everything. Both Sam and JP have value - if they resonate with you, great.