Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surfingthewave

Guys, I'm out

29 posts in this topic

@Nahm Thank you, and keep being  you (there's a lot of meaning in that) 

Time to take a leap of faith.... 

@LaucherJunge

Cheers dude, as a chick on this forum (I like to keep up the pretence) I'm outnumbered. Maybe or maybe not..... see you on the other side 

Edited by Surfingthewave

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@UnconsciousHuman Let it go man.

Take it easy folks. Give people some space. Enough locking horns.

LOVE THIS! KEEP ROCKIN' ON LEO! ???

its not enlightenment unless uve lost ur mind ?

@Surfingthewave u dont have to make an official decision and create a boundary against the forum and leos teachings. of course its all up to u in the end but really if u would leave the videos dont leave the forum. here u have fellow travellers and even more experienced ppl to give u nuanced and specific advice and info. i had an awakening two days ago due to some other member commenting on my journal. this platform is way better than all them teachers and teachings altogether 

@Surfingthewave Thanks for sharing your views. I find value in them and have reflected upon many of the observations / interpretations you have raised. One thing I’ve learned is to pause when I encounter someone that is genuinely reflective since the mirror of reflection often reveals insight for me. 

One thing that arises is about allowing space for exploration. It’s a tricky balance to maintain. Without any boundaries, things become an “anything goes” mess. An example, would be something like 4chan. Yet on the other end of the spectrum, highly restrictive boundaries are stifling. For example, adhering to narrow dogma. This doesn’t allow space to express, breath, explore and grow. For me, it gets tricky because it’s not always “either / or”. I’ve been in various groups in which there seemed to be lack of boundaries in some areas and overly restrictive boundaries in other areas. It gets even trickier when I factor in my own relative interpretation of “too little” and “too much”. Generally, I try to trust underlying resonance and intuition. Sometimes it says to change direction. Other times it says to stay put and observe something new. And sometimes it’s a combination. 

I wish you the best in finding that resonance. You are welcomed to participate here to any extent you want, or not at all. Whichever your path leads is perfect. 

@Serotoninluv Thank you for your response,  I have enjoyed and learnt a lot from your views and experiences. 

This is absolutely about me and no one else. You summed it up by using the words pause. This is a pause for everyone particularly at this time, and for me it is also my personal development and where I want to go next. 

My underlying intuition and resonance is telling me to observe but to change direction. 

Keep doing what you're doing, you and a handful of others makes this forum a quality one. 

@Surfingthewave All the best to you in your spiritual journey.

I'm not a very active poster but I've followed Leo for a few years and tbh I concur with what you have said. All of Leo's videos these days are (and have been for a while) essentially just him bloviating about his esteemed spiritual status, how spiritual practices are useless for him, how no other spiritual teacher can even come close to him (with the obligatory dig at Shinzen Young) and just proclaiming 'I am GOD' at the camera ad nauseam. Objections raised always brushed away with inane philosophical/phenomenological and ontological arguments. All in all, just worthless ego masturbation disguised as spirituality

@Surfingthewave  Yeah, I totally hear you.  Leo seems a little deluded on his claims of truth since truth is always the case so there is actually nothing more to claim. He seems to be getting lost in experiences, which psychedelics can do.

But there is no doubt 5 meo gives some profound experiences, relative to our ordinary lives. Some good insights on aspects on  psychology gained undoubtedly. Worth sticking around for his videos I think.