Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Forrest Adkins

What is reality = Love. I dont get it

20 posts in this topic

Was really let down by this. So many follow up questions. 

Who created the Love, how did it came to be, why is it here at all, why is it love and not anything else.

But I guess this is to be expected, rock bottom has to be somewhere. But why is all there exists a sentient being made out of love, makes me crazy thinking about it.

@Forrest Adkins how could reality be, unless the creator loved everything equally. If it could fight against something it wouldn't like or approve of, nothing at all could exist. It has to be totally selfless and loving for any "evolution" to take place. 

Nobody created love, love created everything.

It's so loving and so intelligent it made the most beautiful creation there could ever be. AND YOU ARE IN IT! YOU ARE IT! 

It came to be because of its selflessness. 

It's here to experience and express all the love.

47 minutes ago, Forrest Adkins said:

Who created the Love

Love created Love.

49 minutes ago, Forrest Adkins said:

why is it love and not anything else.

Because it is what it is. ISness is ISness.

52 minutes ago, Forrest Adkins said:

makes me crazy thinking about it.

Any dualistic construct will eventual become circular as it collapses into nonduality. It’s fun to create constructs, yet it becomes frustrating when we try to build concrete constructs made of sand. 

I think I'm out. When this website was about concrete self improvement, meditation and philosophy I thought it was great but the ideas thrown around here are getting too fluffy for me. I'll take a break from actualized.org. I think everyone here is geniune but its not for me, and the content has gotten very repetitive.

I did various practices for 3 years now but I guess spirituality doesnt really work for me, I cant follow what is talked about here.

Edited by Forrest Adkins

@Forrest Adkins

It can initially be disappointing to realize love isn’t an idea, and that self improvement is about behaviors and actions & alignment. There’s sound logic in calling it ‘the ox’ rather than the mouse. If letting go was effort, everybody would be doing it. I believe the metadventure is for everyone, but I’m wrong at least a few times a day.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Forrest Adkins
Imagine that you would love everything that is, everything would be. What you love that IS.
What is the only force that is able to unite you with another being? Love is what unites. To unite is to create.
What are babys born from? They are born from the unity of two human beings, unity through love(be it just bodily love).
Now project this process onto everything in the world, everything that is created is created out of love.
This explanation is not perfect, but it's the best I can do for you. Much love. :D

2 hours ago, Forrest Adkins said:

Who created the Love, how did it came to be, why is it here at all, why is it love and not anything else.

But I guess this is to be expected, rock bottom has to be somewhere. But why is all there exists a sentient being made out of love, makes me crazy thinking about it.

Absolute Love = Infinity.  Don't try to grasp it with your mind.  It's like trying to grasp what nothing is.  Anything you think nothing is is something.  It is Being itself.  It's the fabric.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Forrest Adkins said:

Once, outside of time, there was nothing. This nothing was all there ever could be since no thing existed. Nothing was formless, was selfless, was timeless, was boundless and was just meaningless. 

But in its very meaninglessness meant everything. Because there was no reason/law/logic/anything at all to restrict or define what Nothing is and how it is, no sort of boundary - non whatsoever, that meant possibilities. In its own formlessness there meant potential infinite forms, in its selflessness there meant potential infinite selfs, in its timelessness there meant potential infinite moments, in its meaninglessness meant a potential state. That meant pure energy. 

Because there was absolutely Nothing - there was absolute Freedom.

Total, unlimited and unconditioned, freedom. Could you imagine what you could do with that kind of freedom, with no laws of physics to obey, no logic or any kind of reasoning to follow? There was nothing at all, Nothing itself being the only existence there is. And just like that, Nothing meant true Freedom. With Nothing being Freedom, that meant potentiality had the freedom to be actuality. Actuality is literally Being/Isness.

I'd asked you before, could you imagine what you could do with absolute Freedom? You should be able to. You're already doing it right now. You've set yourself free, your own complete lack/ your formlessness and selflessness meant your own limitlessness. Now with unlimited intelligence (potential energy), using infinite imagination (explorable possibilities), you've created the entire universe with all kinds of realities in it. You're imagining everything right now. You, that which is nothing is now creator of everything.

The easiest way to put this is that all you've really done is allow yourself to be. Since there was no any sort of thing to 'decide' how nothing should be, with your own freedom you've 'decided' for yourself. And you've decided that as nothing, you must be all that can ever be since you are already all that ever is and will be, for eternity. But of course since there's no such thing as material/matter, you had to imagine all these possible forms and possible moments. You couldn't actually build the universe, there was nothing to build it with. You had to imagine all this stuff. 

But all that freedom and power came with a price. For the sake of being (that which is still Nothing but also Everything), you have to imagine all that can be. But this not a rule of some logic or law, you do this simple because you accept yourself with no exception. You allow every possible reality to be real by imagining them to be real, because you're made up of every possible case. Remember, by your very existence, you are that which is and so must be all that which can be/is. That's your truth. If you were to exclude any part of you from existence then you wouldn't be Nothing for Nothing can be anything and therefore must be Everything. That's the price of your freedom. 

You are Freedom. By price, I don't really mean consequence because there's law or cause to all this, you're the only one there is. As Freedom - the boundless, the limitless, the selfless - as that which is both free and freedom, you love yourself. That is to say, you let yourself be.. allowing all kinds of realities by imagining them because they are you. You imagining is you being.. 

So what is reality? It's you, as the only Truth because there's nothing else but you, Accepting yourself. Hence reality is Love, it's Love defining itself.. Reality is what Love looks like when catching it in action. This is all just self love.

So I guess what I'm trying to communicate above is the simple truth that is.. You Are/I Am 

Now, do the work and realise what it all actually is.?

Infinity

If you got it, you'd be dead.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Forrest Adkins said:

When this website was about concrete self improvement, meditation and philosophy I thought it was great but the ideas thrown around here are getting too fluffy for me.

Part of the issue is how questions are framed. The question “What is Reality? How does Reality = Love?”. Is an existential framing that will attract metaphysical and abstract responses - not concrete responses.

If we want to learn about love in a practical manner for self improvement, a concrete question frame will attract practical, concrete responses. For example, we could ask “What steps can I take to expand my capacity to Love?”. With this frame, we can give specific concrete ideas about specific actions toward self improvement and expanding Love in one’s life. I can think of about five concrete ideas off the top of my head. 

In general, I would say the forum heavily leans toward abstract thinkers, as you have observed. A concrete thinker would usually need to explicitly frame a question in concrete terms to get concrete, practical responses. I’ve seen how maddening it can be. I’m naturally an abstract thinker and I often unintentionally drive concrete thinkers crazy. 

@Serotoninluv To be honest I think most people here dont get it and just parrot Leo.

When someone asks a  concrete question Its so easy to just answer "who is asking the question?" etc. and seem mystical and enlightened. Its the same with the Love=Infinity responses. I dont think anyone here but a few know what they are talking about and I think its become too stupid, it wasnt like that and it feels like a step back.

Edited by Forrest Adkins

10 hours ago, Forrest Adkins said:

@Serotoninluv To be honest I think most people here dont get it and just parrot Leo.

When someone asks a  concrete question Its so easy to just answer "who is asking the question?" etc. and seem mystical and enlightened. Its the same with the Love=Infinity responses. 

Sure, there can be some of that as well. The two are not mutually exclusive.

You asked the questions “What is Reality? How is Reality = Love?” To me, those are abstract existential questions that won’t attract concrete responses. And as you observe, some people may parrot existential-sounding answers without understanding. Others may have partial understanding and still working through things and others have a relatively deep understanding. It can be a mixed-bag which can create a sense of fog, confusion and irritation. 

Along these lines, I remember getting really annoyed with a buddhist group I participated with. To me, they often spoke in these stupid nonsensical riddles to sound spiritual. Like: “when you drink a cup of tea, it is the tea drinking itself”. I often got annoyed and said “could you please express yourself in normal English. Just state upfront and clearly what it is”. 

What's the point of this? What are you going to do with the answer?

Seekers should ask questions about how to get somewhere, not how the destination looks.

Glory to Israel

19 hours ago, Forrest Adkins said:

Love is just a word. And it has, like every word, different connotations for everybody. Some people call it God or awareness, consciousness, whatever...

I think the reason why the word love is very often used (and also resonates to a lot of people) is that love is the opposite/end of seperation. When you love somebody you feel connected. When you feel seperate you feel pain, loneyliness etc.

And in this sense the ultimative love is the ultimative absence of seperation. It not about connection anymore, because there is nothing to connect. You can only connect seperate things.

So you are the subject and the object, the lover and the loved at the same time.

But that is really difficult to understand and even more to really feel it, als we are conditioned completely the other way.

And if it doesnt resonate for you at the moment, don't force yourself. Be just drawn to what resonates insight you. One step at the time...

20 hours ago, Forrest Adkins said:

Was really let down by this.

ask urself why? eventually u will find out that it is love. my guess is that u love knowing or being certain.

So many follow up questions.

again ask urself why? the answer is love. its a must theres no other way around it.

ur guessing here is correct. and as for the question we could answer u but u probably wouldnt get it. it requires deep surrendering of the ego so unless ur already surrendered its not likely u will get it through communication u need direct experience through spiritual practices

12 hours ago, Forrest Adkins said:

When someone asks a  concrete question Its so easy to just answer "who is asking the question?" etc. and seem mystical and enlightened. Its the same with the Love=Infinity responses. I dont think anyone here but a few know what they are talking about and I think its become too stupid, it wasnt like that and it feels like a step back.

You need to ask a better question. One that is less likely to be answered by those questions, you've already got responses, but you seem to skim through them, sooo

Listen, self development is different from spirituality. With self development, you change, or alter your self. You do things to develop.

With spirituality you just cut to the chase. Accept yourself, black spots and everything, and you've reached the gate.(AKA the gateless gate).