ZenAlex

What are your general impressions/thoughts of Teal Swan?

76 posts in this topic

She released a couple really good videos about the millennial generation recently, they're spot on.

Yes, she's eccentric and weird.  However everybody in Self-Help who I have met is pretty fucking out there...

On 4/21/2020 at 1:43 AM, Zanoni said:

I think she was abused sexually and physically by a cult at a young age. But i do not remember correctly what she said about it. Her healing journey from this abuse is the the foundation of her teachings, not all people can handle her advice and probably  is not completely healed from the abuse either. I do not know, just my perspective. She got nice videos that resonated with me and sometimes i do watch a few.

https://greyfaction.org/resources/proponents/snow-barbara/

The therapist who "uncovered" Teal's "memories"of ritual abuse has been exposed as a fraud who used false memory syndrome to make her clients believe they were ritually abused by a Satanic cult.

This is a very interesting podcast from someone who spent time with Teal and her 'cult' in Costa Rica.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/panoply/the-gateway-2

"The Gateway is a six-part series about Teal Swan, a new brand of spiritual guru, who draws in followers with her hypnotic self-help YouTube videos aimed at people who are struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts. Some followers move to Teal’s healing center, a spiritual startup where they produce content and manage social media accounts. Teal insists her therapy saves lives, but her critics say Teal’s death-focused dogma is dangerous. Gizmodo reporter Jennings Brown traveled to rural Utah and to the forests of Costa Rica, with extensive access to Teal and her inner circle, to understand Teal's teachings and investigate the deaths of some of her followers."

The fact that there are so many ex-followers who claimed to have been hurt and damaged by Teal and her 'tribe' is also cause for concern, but the fact that she endorses her followers to go after her critics, in very nasty ways in comments sections is the biggest red flag for me.  She also uses her videos very defensively to attack those who have criticised her.  This is not the hallmark of a true spiritual teacher.

Edited by Freakyboo

Just a sec, I'm checking her out. Be back in a minute.

*some time later* . ....

Awww she is so cute, she's not even alpha, she's a zeta female 100000%

I'm very similar to her personality. She's lovely I wanna be like her. 

1 hour ago, andyjohnsonman said:

This seemed a bit concerning to me

She said: what suicide is is pushing reset button. Consider that majority of her followers are unstable people, that can be huge trigger.

In video at 7:18 woman asked her about encouraging suicides, look at her facial expression when answering.  What kind of devilry is playing here?

On one hand I like a lot of her content, although I dont watch much anymore, I liked her stuff about defragmentation, and she has a lot of good content. On the other she has a vibe like an alien that learnt how to be a human. I'm not sure if it's her delivery or what, she also seems to have a cultish type feel to her, I wouldn't put her in the class of top tier gurus but I can see how she could help people. 

Infinite waters on the other hand is basically an actor, doesn't seem authentic at all - 

On 20/04/2020 at 0:56 PM, ZenAlex said:

She gives off a really inauthentic vibe. Anyone else feel the same?

Yes, I feel like she's highly delusional, and some of her advice is not only unhelpful but also dangerous.

one day this will all be memories

To me she has a good message, pretty green maybe, good femenine point-of-view advice, has helped me understand some things

Yes she kinda looks like an android while she talks, but to me it looks like lack of mastery of speech, thus her constant jump-cuts.

Also as a designer I find her videos lacking a lot of quality, kind of annoying aesthetic, unconsistent format, ugly choice of images or footage, poor audio quality, but I guess it works for her and her audience. 

Not to sound cult-ish but that's one thing I really appreciate about Leo, you can feel the mastery and pursuit of beauty on all he does. Thumbnails on point, video format, audio, lessons, speech, content, marketing techniques and all 10/10 ?

We could take this website to a whole new level with some branding and user experience design but for now it really works as it is.

Edited by Oliver Saavedra

Connect to Create ☼♡

I can't watch her videos because she is too hot. That's my impression, can't focus on her words she is too beautiful.

She creeps me out a bit to be honest but she does have some good content and articulations on healing the psyche. I try not to throw the baby out with the bath water and am strong enough to filter out distractions. 

She’s good, but not what I’d consider “awaken.”

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

I put Teal Swan in the same category as Aaron Doughty. She has some good insights, but she’s not always careful about what she says, which understandably can confuse a vulnerable person into believing the wrong things or even doing self-harm. There are videos about the Teal Swan- related suicides on YouTube, anyone interested can look Teal or those videos up.

I don’t think Teal is necessarily evil although she sometimes has a cold, hard vibe to her. My concern is that some vulnerable people use her videos therapeutically when what they really need is psychiatric treatment. She should have a video disclaimer to avoid lawsuits because of what happened if she doesn’t already. You know, “The content of this video should not be taken as a substitute for medical treatment or advice...”

While anyone can misconstrue a video, I think a reasonable person can foresee how some of Teal’s insights can be misused when placed into the wrong hands, and Teal should be a bit more careful in this litigious society.

Edited by Nobody_Here

I like some of her teachings. I think she can help people with moving from orange to green. She has a few interesting insights and views. She has a lot of good videos about emotions and such things. I also feel like it's good for people who want to discover their feminine side.

But she also teaches a lot of non-sense (at least from my point of view). Might be that she actually does talk a lot of non-sense, it might be that I just don't understand it because it's to high for my current self, or it just might be that she's doing a poor job at communicating some of her more complicated ideas. Generally I think teachers like Leo are better when it comes to metaphysical stuff while she's really good with stage green/feminine stuff.

I often disagree with her, but I still watch her videos from time to time and I have to say that she helped me a lot. Just gotta filter out the stuff you need.

I do agree that she has a kind of cold vibe to her and she comes off as weird from time to time, but I think that's just her personality. I mostly care about whether her teachings can help me or not, and they do.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

I really like Teal Swan. Her explanation of source, souls, and life being a thought is really cool. I actually thought of that on my own exactly just by trying to wrap my head around time not existing so it was cool to hear from someone with more experience. 

her videos on attraction and resistance are cool too. 

I think her videos are highly value able. She’s definitely authentic, I love when she laughs and giggles. 

Leo is way deeper into this but I think she is still a 1%er for sure. Could be wrong I don’t know either of them. Her videos feel like actualized.org videos from 2016 but with a different perspective which is fun to merge. 

the complaints about the suicide cult shit is kind of stupid. Someone definitely pulled the plug from misinterpreting Leo too I’m sure, this work is rough 

12 hours ago, Consept said:

Thought this was interesting to throw in -

this guy is stage orange and that isn't the best place to be when doing emotional work or healing from my perspective. I find stage green advice coming from someone who is somewhat deluded is often more authentic and helpful than a hard nosed rationalist that is deeply separated from their emotions and has little love to give. 

Edited by Lyubov

@Lyubov that's cool and I get where you're coming from, but he has raised valid points which youve dismissed because of the stage you think hes at.

Also Teal has said things like her iq is 170 and I know more than any psychiatrist, these are bold claims, maybe she does maybe she doesn't but these are not spiritual claims, she's directly saying in the material world I'm smarter than everyone. So I think if you're going to make these claims you should get push back on them. 

It wouldn't necessarily put me off her if I thought she was helpful and I do to some extent, but I think there is something slightly off about her, don't know if it's narcissism or what, she does seem to have things she needs to work through herself 

@ZenAlex I feel you there. She appears to share useful insight and practical tips yet the depth feels extremely shallow.

I don’t consume much her content but from what I’ve consumed in the past and of recent I don’t really resonate with her.

I get more of a public figure idealist feel rather than an inspirational visionary feel when viewing her. I feel she may be there for more the accolades and notoriety of spirituality than spirituality itself. I could be wrong though.

Small doses of consumption in my opinion.

Edited by Jacobsrw

2 hours ago, Jacobsrw said:

@ZenAlex I feel you there. She appears to share useful insight and practical tips yet the depth feels extremely shallow.

I don’t consume much her content but from what I’ve consumed in the past and of recent I don’t really resonate with her.

I get more of a public figure idealist feel rather than an inspirational visionary when viewing her. I feel she may be there for more the accolades and notoriety of spirituality than spirituality itself. I could be wrong though.

Small doses of consumption in my opinion.

Yeah microdosing her is a better idea, you dont want the full trip!

3 hours ago, Consept said:

@Lyubov that's cool and I get where you're coming from, but he has raised valid points which youve dismissed because of the stage you think hes at.

Also Teal has said things like her iq is 170 and I know more than any psychiatrist, these are bold claims, maybe she does maybe she doesn't but these are not spiritual claims, she's directly saying in the material world I'm smarter than everyone. So I think if you're going to make these claims you should get push back on them. 

It wouldn't necessarily put me off her if I thought she was helpful and I do to some extent, but I think there is something slightly off about her, don't know if it's narcissism or what, she does seem to have things she needs to work through herself 

Teal is somewhat deluded from my point of view. I don't think growth comes from delegating self power and insight seeking onto others so I'm not affected by her lunacy and all the stuff she says but I can view it with an open mind and do see she has some depth of knowledge when it comes to working with emotions. She has some good advice on healing. Some questionable advice as well considering this thread exists :P