traveler

Important insight from mahasamdhi

111 posts in this topic

There are many, many degrees of infinite consciousness. Some of them you can reside in for a while and return. Some of them you can sustain 24/7 while walking around and living normal life. And some of them would entail leaving material existence as in death death.

Why is this so hard to buy? Not so unreasonable.

Don't believe any of this stuff. Verify it empirically.

But in general I suggest you guys forget the idea of mahasamadhi. It's not for you. It's only for those who want it. It's not something you should be worried over.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Well said! 

I think for the majority here, the focus should be on 1) awakening 

2) integrating and abiding post awakening as our true nature and living this understanding.

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are many, many degrees of infinite consciousness. Some of them you can reside in for a while and return. Some of them you can sustain 24/7 while walking around and living normal life. And some of them would entail leaving material existence as in death death.

Why is this so hard to buy? Not so unreasonable.

One could believe Mahāsamādhi exists but Viji was not a case of it.

Or someone could believe one could believe  Viji's  death  was not a case of Mahāsamādhi and the concept of it is hard to buy.

Now looking at the concept again:

Mahāsamādhi 
(the great and final samādhi) is the act of consciously and intentionally
leaving one’s body. A realized yogi (male) or yogini (female) who has attained the state of nirvikalpa samādhi,
will, at an appropriate time, consciously exit from their body. This is known as mahāsamādhi.
This is not the same as the physical death that occurs for an unenlightened person.

So suppose someone decides on a certain date they meditate and take some poison and die and they do so.
Is it Mahāsamādhi ?

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Outrageous Experiments In Consciousness - 30 Awakenings In 30 Days (Video)

•Apr 19, 2020 (excerpt)

Maha Samadhi is the ultimate Samadhi where you become so conscious that youactually leave your physical body you actually die.  Yogi's have been doing this in India and other places for four millenniaum so I got a kind of a preview of what that might entail what that might look like but also I got shook by it I got shook by it.
I got sort of terrified by it especially because and I don't get terrified that much by trips anymore but this this terrified me because it felt so final like this it felt like this is a decision to should just completely transcend all of all physical existence and that would be the end forever one part of me wanted to do it the other part of me didn't want to do it because I still have attachments and things I want to accomplish here in the world.  I still want to teach but then of course I also realized who is there to teachthere's no one to teach and there's no way to teach this to anybody, nobody will ever understand the level of consciousness that I realized unless they themselves go there at which point they don't need me anymore because I am them and you are me so um it gets quite twisted and strange loopy like that but anyways,  what scared me is that like I really wanted to do it , almost like you know they say that the scary part of standing on a ledge of a tall building it's not worrying that you'll fall off it's actually the fear that you might want to jump off they say yeah so it's like that there was a fear that I might actually want to do this and I basically I said I can't do it at least not now not until I like make final preparations and so I literally went and started to make final preparations because what it felt like is it felt like it didn't just feel like I want to do it. I felt like a sort of obligation because my whole the whole thrust of my life has been understanding and truth and here it is now I've been shown the absolute truth the ultimate truth and yet I'm resisting it and it's sort of like God is beckoning me to come come and merge fully with God and like on the one hand I want to but I don't know hands like wait a minute but if I do that that's just nothingness I don't want that and so there was this this thing and so I said basically like fuck I got a like I want to think about I don't wanna make any rash decisions I want to think this through

So you were prepared to do this and were thinking about informing your loved ones.
So how did you honestly intend to do it ?

Edited by Nak Khid

19 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

So suppose someone decides on a certain date they meditate and take some poison and die and they do so.
Is it Mahāsamādhi ?

No!

You're not ready to understand mahasamadhi so just drop it.

People being obsessed with Indian culture and it becoming mainstream is absurd to me. 

My mum was deeply reglious and we had gurus enter our house occasionally and try to talk to us about these topics and as an atheist growing up in Western society I ended up resenting religion and spirituality. 

There are many gurus who have performed mahasamadhi in front of others.  Yogananda, Vivekananda......and Master Oogway!! I believe this video is the only recorded Mahasamadhi in history!  Notice how he merges into everything.  It brings tears to my eyes.

5 minutes ago, Pookie said:

Here it is!

Bruh, did he just let him take his chi so easily??? Why oogway whyyy?

Oh the other is king fu panda. I got to watch these movies again, they are too good

Edited by traveler

4 minutes ago, Pookie said:

Here it is!

Let this be a lesson to Leo and everyone else here who believes their soul has outgrown their body.  The love/hate of the people you left behind might drag you back into this realm

2 hours ago, Pookie said:

Lol maybe. But it also looks like the turtle made the conscious decision to go back. I mean it does look like he let his "chi" get taken so easily like @traveler mentioned. It takes two to tango :P 

@Leo Gura You better believe I'm coming after you in the spirit realm if you perform mahasamadhi.  You're not getting away that easily!!  I want my promised lifetime updates on my LP course and booklist or my money back!! >:(

59 minutes ago, Unemployed said:

@Leo Gura You better believe I'm coming after you in the spirit realm if you perform mahasamadhi.  You're not getting away that easily!!  I want my promised lifetime updates on my LP course and booklist or my money back!! >:(

Catch me if you can ;)