traveler

Important insight from mahasamdhi

111 posts in this topic

In "mahadamadhi" you bathe in love for eternity. It's a perfect balance between everything in the universe. It is all experienced but is simultaneously untouched. From my experience in mahasamadhi there was no time, I was in mahasamadhi forever. Eternity. After a while (sounds so contradictory) I had enough and got sucked back into form. In the world of form I was in mahasamadhi for about 10 min. You could say the universe went into a single point and was singularity forever, then exploded into the world of form again. For this to happen it had to localise itself in a body, as soon as the person was back, the whole world was too. What apparently wasn't realized by Leo was that the resistance is part of mahasamadhi. It is resistance and surrender playing with itself for an eternity. You take the whole universe with you in mahasamadhi, but the whole universe can spring into being instantly from it too. If the world is apparent, it is what is, if you rest in mahasamadhi it is what is. There is nothing for you to do, this is always complete, always home.

Edited by traveler

1 minute ago, Rikimaus said:

@traveler how you reached that..meditation?

Smoked a joint and got blasted into it, faced death. This was a year ago in world of time.

3 minutes ago, Rikimaus said:

@traveler just smoke a joint?

Haha, that was what it took for me. My whole life had led up to that one joint though. Maybe you got 1000 joints ahead of you before you reach that one joint ? Either way, it doesn't actually matter from the absolute perspective, the only one that needs a conclusion to it all is the ego.

@traveler That ain't mahasamadhi. Mahasamadhi is when your body drops dead.

You don't come back from it to this life.

What you're describing is a lesser samadhi.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

How can you know such a thing exists when you haven’t gone through it?

The very nature of such a thing is that one cannot know until one is there and never to come back here.

I cannot know. I suspect. Plenty of yogis report mahasamadhi. So it's not like I'm the first to make it up.

But most of you here believe that one day your body will drop dead. So what then? That is basically forced mahasamadhi. So really you're not being asked to buy anything so outlandish with mahasamadhi.

8 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

How are they able to report it?

Well, for example, Sadhguru's wife is said to have done mahasamadhi on a schedule and in front of many people who watched her, including, I assume, Sadhguru.

This is far from the only well-documented public case of mahasamadhi.

https://isha.sadhguru.org/us/en/wisdom/sadhguru-spot/mahasamadhi

Please be careful. This is a very serious and radical possibility. This is not for average seekers.

I only speak of it because I felt that I was coming close to it. So this is more of a warning to you guys.

51 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@traveler That ain't mahasamadhi. Mahasamadhi is when your body drops dead.

You don't come back from it to this life.

What's you're describing is a lesser samadhi.

Might be. I'm not gonna pretend I know. All I know is that the insight I mentioned was complete. 

4 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

@Leo Gura

She couldn’t be able to know such a thing is possible herself. Because she hadn’t gone through it. 

Lol, she's fucking dead. She had a young daughter.

When your consciousnesses gets close to becoming totally infinite. You'll know.

I'm really touched by the possibility of mahasamadhi. It's fucking beautiful, even tempting. 

After hearing about it, I'm inspired to truly make sure that my LP "measures up" to how grand mahasamadhi would be. And it calmes me to know that it'll be there waiting for me when I decide that I'm ready.

@Leo Gura also, If that ain't even samadhi, I dont know what is, lmao? Why are you so quick to believe you're the only one who has seen yourself brother?

Edited by traveler

@Leo Gura He also mentions there are ways to retain mahasamadhi while still being alive. I think he said you need a strong worldly desire and not cut hair.

Do you think Indian culture is more spiritually developed than other cultures? I don't see people mentioning "life is imaginary, mahasamadhi, etc. in other cultures".

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

3 minutes ago, traveler said:

@Leo Gura also, If that ain't even samadhi, I dont know what is, lmao? Why are you so quick to believe your the only one who has seen yourself brother?

I said your experience was a lesser samadhi. But not mahasamdhi, since you're still a human.

You can reach levels of infinite consciousness and return to your body.

2 minutes ago, Derek White said:

@Leo Gura He also mentions there are ways to retain mahasamadhi while still being alive.

You don't retain mahasamadhi. Mahasamadhi means your body is dead.

You can have other samadhis which don't require you to leave your body forever. That would be traditional enlightenment.

We need a new word for those who go beyond traditional enlightenment. 

Totalment. :D

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I said your experience was a lesser samadhi. But not mahasamdhi, since you're still a human.

You can reach levels of infinite consciousness and return to your body.

You don't retain mahasamadhi. Mahasamadhi means your body is dead.

You can have other samadhis which don't require you to leave your body forever. That would be traditional enlightenment.

In this state there was no concept of body anymore. Only god bathing in its bliss and infinite intelligence flowing. What my point in the post was that the resistance was an integral part of God. Resistance would show up and get showered by love and surrender over and over again for infinity. Mahasamdhi is totally unknown, you dont actually know what it is, how could you? 

Edited by traveler

12 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Then whats the difference between shooting oneself in the head and ‘performing a mahasamadhi’? 

Not much other than that with mahasamadhi you consciously decide to become Infinite Consciousness forever.

With suicide, who knows what will happen next? You might dream up some hell realm that you go to. A suicidal person will probably not abide in Infinite Consciousness because they're killing themselves out of lack of consciousness to begin with. So they may reincarnate many times or dream up whatever other stuff.

Consciousness remains throughout birth and death of the body.

Yes, of course, consciousness doesn't go anywhere. But the question remains, what is consciousness gonna be doing? Will it dreaming it's a human? A kangaroo? Or will it is be pure Infinity?

How is your consciousness doing? << that's a very important question. Right now it's busy dreaming being human.

10 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Thousands of people commit suicide everyday.

Lol

Try to commit suicide without touching your body in front of 50 people.

But you don’t know mate. You just admitted.

If you do 100 breakthrough trips of 5-MeO-DMT. You'll know.

1 minute ago, traveler said:

In this state there was no concept of body anymore. Only god bathing in its bliss and infinite intelligence flowing. What my point in the post was that the resistance was an integral part of samadhi. Resistance would show up and get showered by love and surrender over and over again for infinity. Mahasamdhi is totally unknown, you dont actually know what it is, how could you? 

Mahāsamādhi, the great and final samādhi, is the act of consciously and intentionally leaving one's body.[1][2] A realized and enlightened (Jivanmukta), yogi (male) or yogini (female) who has attained the state of nirvikalpa samādhi, will, at an appropriate time, consciously exit from their body and attains Paramukti. This is known as mahāsamādhi. This is not the same as the physical death that occurs for an unenlightened person. In Hindu or Yogic traditions mahasamadhi or the great samadhi means that a realized master left his body while in a deep, conscious meditative state.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Consciousness is never limited. Consciousness is a constant.

It is limited in you right now.

The appearance of limitations appear within it. 

Yes, and appearance is reality. So by imagining being limited, you become limited.

If you dream of being a kangaroo, that's limited consciousness. A kangaroo is a finite, limited thing.

Remove the limitations and Consciousness remains in its pristine state.

Removing all limitations would remove all form. Form is a limit.