KamaZeen

Experiences that Made You Start to Question The World Around You

32 posts in this topic

When I met hippies for the first time. I loved their presence so much that my rationalist paradigm started to crumble! That's when I really started to question the world.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

As an 11 year old I remember sitting in the front yard picking at the grass and realizing that the reason the height of the grass was what it was, was utterly interconnected with everything else and that all of those parameters that dictated the height of the grass were totally arbitrary as if dreamed up by some decision making brilliant consciousness.

Meanwhile I was convinced that religion was bullshit to the core lol

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

3 hours ago, montecristo said:

Meanwhile I was convinced that religion was bullshit to the core lol

It is :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

When I was a really young kid my parents attended a Baptist church. I remember looking out the window and the sun was streaming in and I had this incredible feeling and it hit me, I understood God, that was God. I told my Mom and she tried to set me straight, although she also said that the Son of God sounded a lot like Sun. 

I got really bored one day and also managed to convince the Pastor's son to climb up on the pulpit with me when his Dad was preaching. xD

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

At age 5 my Mom and dentist told me that they would give me a hedgehog to play with if I just sat still for the dental exam. I knew they were just trying to trick me. There never was a hedgehog.

So they never got their exam.

I got to play with a hedgehog once and it was the most disappointing experience ever. OW, ow, ow.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, LoveandPurpose said:

Isn't the core of religion spirituality?

I was teasing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I am more of an observer. I dont really ask question. Absorbing everything. Then do as I wishes. 

When I was 17, I have a friend who is colour blind. Since then, "is my red the same as yours?..."  And opens up a whole nother wonders.

It's when I get introduced to visual relativism. 

He never told us about it. We would never have guessed.

This lol.

I do wonder if the elite or humanity will one day merge with AI @3:11 in vid

Just for the record I don't believe a single idea of Alex Jones is wholely true, he really is one heck of a guy who plays on people's vulnerability to conspiracy theories. I noticed the same with Ancient Aliens but these kinds of things are intriguing in the way it gives us an explaination for things we don't understand.

For example, we aren't really sure about the elite, because only a select few are part of that group so for us as average society members we are curious about them. So people like Alex Jones are people who exploit this by giving us an explaination. They are part of the illuminati, the NWO, they are satanists taking over the world.

Or Another one can be religion, they are people brainwashing you to their religion so you join their cult, give them money so that you don't feel scared of where you'll go after you'll die.

However if you don't believe in the conspiracy ideas, these explainations aren't enough and then you begin to look for the real explaination or atleast a better alternative. I've found that actually having a desire to be rich and trying to start a business yourself is one of the most enlightening experiences in this regard.

I've found that I've learned a lot when I have studied both sides of an argument. For example, when I was younger there was a site called SearchLores that I learned a lot about the internet search from before google implemented semantic search (remember when you had to actually use keywords to get the result you wanted). The Author of the site Fravia had a big fight to pick with Big Business interests, he HATED the idea of commericalizing the web (He believed that the internet should retain it's original scientific educational purpose of sharing FREE information without businesses monetizing it) So he taught people on the site to do a form of "Reality Cracking" which basically means try to understand the truth behind everyday things.

Anyway, it made me think their was something manipulative about adverstising and l started blocking ads and ignoring them. Thinking we are constantly inundated by ads all the time and it seems like they are a purely annoying and thing we don't really want. Somehow later I got into marketing myself and started to work with advertising. When I started to do it I got to actually see how you can write, and some things can be manipulative, some things can be lying but you can also be honest with it. At the end of the day I learned that you can't really do a business without marketing because you got to get the word out about what your doing so that people will know and their are a lot of logistics to it and you can do it a deceptive way (like I first thought it was when I read about Marketers from SearchLores) or it can be done honestly and in a very benefical way (which is how some marketers view their profession and want to teach people learning the trade). This is how I see is an evolution with conspiracy theories too. First we hate them, then we dig in deeper we find out something else might be the case maybe even very different.

Edited by KamaZeen

It was about T minus 5 weeks in the womb and I remember thinking, this seems like the total opposite of what I’m used to, and yet, I feel like I’ve been here before somehow. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I used to always suck in all kinds of ideologies from religion, to flat earth, to conspiracy theories, to science, to pseudo-science, to the law of attraction, to actualized.org thinking that I am following the truth. I have been questioning my reality since a very young age I don't even remember. I only used to go about it in the "wrongest" ways possible until about a year and a half ago when I read Jed McKenna's "Spiritual Enlightenment : The Damnedest Thing". Suddenly, poof! All gone.

As a child, I was watching The Wizard of Oz. I was super immersed in the movie and when the flying monkeys came after Dorothy and her friends, I became very scared and distressed. My mom tried to calm me down by telling me it wasn’t real, it was only pretend. . . .