Neuroknot

Careful with Leo's videos.

13 posts in this topic

I realize that depending on what state of consciousness you are, it could mean different outcomes into understanding Leo’s videos. And sometimes it can even take you backwards.

There are four ways of how you can react to his videos:

1.  The explanation that Leo gave, help you out to understand what you are experiencing in your life, and you take it simply as a possibility without judging it
  2. You agree with Leo, but sometimes you feel that he's egotistic and contradictory.
  3. You accept what Leo is saying, and you really think he's right, and overall is a better belief than your previous one.
  4. You decline what he is saying, you think he's crazy. If you watch him, is only for fun.  You liked more the old Leo rather than the new one.

• If you identify with the first opinion, it is very likely that you are in a yellow stage, where you feel comfortable with the piece of information that was presented, and you don’t deny it or blindly accepted.
  • If you identify with the second opinion, be very careful. Don’t project your way to see the world into Leo’s teachings. It is likely that you aren’t at the same level that he is, you might be projecting how you think someone enlightened (or awaken) should be.
  • If you identify with the third opinion, the stuff that Leo is saying is too advance for you. Even if you think you understand it, what really happening is that you are replacing dogma with more dogma, and you don’t even realize it until someone questions your beliefs. It might be best for you, to go back and study the foundations of self- actualization, or else you could be going backwards.
  • If you identify with the fourth opinion, well maybe what he is saying is also too advance for you. Go back to the basics and work your way up making sure you understand the basics at a deep level.

Lastly, I want to say that I identify myself with the third opinion; I noticed how attached I can be with what Leo is saying, and how my ego tends to cling into more beliefs. It is like teaching someone that is at a red stage, that life has no rules. Imagine how he would justify his actions from this "higher teaching".

Sorry for my bad English!!!:P

@Neuroknot Nice observation. He did warn about the super advanced nature of today's video, so those who are not awake cannot fully resonate with what he's trying to communicate. This is at the minimum Yellow content, for sure.

Probably would avoid a lot more of the backlash from the outside and infighting within the community if he gave a longer disclaimer at the start. Warning people that they need to go through a lot more earlier work to even scratch the surface of the deeper stuff. Otherwise it just sounds like him running his mouth.

A small bit of lip service that "this is radical" and "this is super advanced" isn't enough.

The videos are 2 hours long anyways it's not like a 10 minute thorough disclaimer would really make a difference.

I think it's required because probably 95% of the view-count anyways are people who have almost no real comprehension of what he's saying.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

A couple things to consider. . . Most of Leo’s videos are highly polished after he has gone through an arduous exploration. He described this in a video on determining truth. He said the process can get messy. Yet we generally haven’t seen that messiness since he only has released polished videos. Lately, he has posted up real time videos of him going through the process. They won’t be as polished as other videos, yet I personally like to see some videos that are raw and show his process. . . Also, most highly evolved people hold back insights because they will be misunderstood by an audience - this can be counter-productive and trigger extreme backlash. Depending on the people I’m with, I hold back on between 10%-90% of my insights. If I shared them all, I would likely have been put into a psychiatric ward. I appreciate that Leo is sharing some of his deepest insights in real time. Personally, I kinda like esoteric and radical ideas. Sometimes they don’t resonate with me, sometimes they make me feel uncomfortable, sometimes they make me intrigued. Yet they almost always prompt contemplation within me, often pushing me beyond my comfort zone and allowing me to expand. . . I’d say about 10% of Leo’s radical ideas don’t resonate with me. Yet I would much rather have that than if he played it safe and didn’t share any radical ideas. It takes a lot of courage to do what he is doing. At the personal, level there is a much easier path he could be taking. 

@Serotoninluv @Neuroknot then there’s folks like me who understands what he is saying and thinks it’s great but can’t get behind the heavy psychedelic use. I appreciate the pioneering work with 5MEO but without it what do you have Leo? Can you stay as conscious, can you still grow? 

I ask myself the same question. After awakenings on shrooms I get good growth but if I don’t do them often I don’t stay as conscious. So is it a crutch? Is it something that’s necessary to achieve even a sliver of what Leo talks about? Genuinely curious. 

40 minutes ago, Meditationdude said:

@Serotoninluv @Neuroknot then there’s folks like me who understands what he is saying and thinks it’s great but can’t get behind the heavy psychedelic use. I appreciate the pioneering work with 5MEO but without it what do you have Leo? Can you stay as conscious, can you still grow? 

I ask myself the same question. After awakenings on shrooms I get good growth but if I don’t do them often I don’t stay as conscious. So is it a crutch? Is it something that’s necessary to achieve even a sliver of what Leo talks about? Genuinely curious. 

It's neither good or bad'. Not even on the relative side. The relative he thinks a lot and fap a lot. his way of exploring. I wouldn't agree on the relative if it was about direct suffering.

I agree with serotoninluv. I admit all that has been said.

Even me that is 'advanced' leo find way to create more contemplation within me. I still prefer when he show 'serioussness' at this point. Like on his blog. I m very aware of his wizardy on the YouTube Channel. And of the content download. I don't Always want to eat this menu he suggest because his vidéos are very powerful.

I also at this point like more the raw stuff that is without any attempt to create a narrative.

3 hours ago, Meditationdude said:

@Serotoninluv then there’s folks like me who understands what he is saying and thinks it’s great but can’t get behind the heavy psychedelic use. I appreciate the pioneering work with 5MEO but without it what do you have Leo? Can you stay as conscious, can you still grow? 

Yes and no. Your framing is within a personal/human construct. Within that frame, yes. . . There can be a cyclic dynamic of high/low consciousness as well as seeking energy. Ram Dass wrote a nice essay on this. Yet it is a simple binary frame. With enough experience, many nuances are revealed as well as new dynamics at transpersonal/human levels. 

If your priority is to avoid the distance between low and high conscious states as well as to attain personal benefits that are subjectively permanent, I can see not wanting to use psychedelics. 

On 4/19/2020 at 7:26 PM, Serotoninluv said:

If I shared them all, I would likely have been put into a psychiatric ward.

Funny you mention that, since this has actually happened to me before. xD

I was brought there hand-cuffed too — in my underwear.

I'll leave it to your imagination as to how it happened.

I enjoyed the experience. It was great.

Everyone was put in the same sobering and bewildering environment.

While everyone else there was thinking, "This is awful. I want out."

I was thinking, "This is exactly what I signed up for."

No technology, so you could really connect with human beings one on one.

The downside is no one seems to want to stay in contact after being released.

You should try it sometime. ;)

On 4/19/2020 at 7:26 PM, Serotoninluv said:

Most of Leo’s videos are highly polished after he has gone through an arduous exploration. He described this in a video on determining truth. He said the process can get messy. Yet we generally haven’t seen that messiness since he only has released polished videos.

@Serotoninluv I have to highly disagree with this. The content has become increasingly more interesting and advanced, but the quantity of messiness has certainly increased and things have become less polished over the past 10 months I'd say (probably starting at the conscious politics series onward).

They've gotten longer and longer because he appears to be rambling a lot more and taking way too long to get to the important points.

I have the patience and listen to hour+ long things all the time, but his videos are becoming less engaging. Just my opinion.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Neuroknot... we need to be careful with fire too, yet isn't it amazing?... and... interesting how children can often understand things "beyond their years", often beyond expected human understanding; through some sort of intuition or resonance ... yet they are so often patronized... and how they crave those PG13 or R-rated movies... if you warn children something is "advanced" they often hunger to learn it, ravenously... so, while I may simply be shovelling more dogma-crispies down my gullet, or viewing Leo as my own anime-enlightenment-warrior... I like to remain receptive to every possibility for comprehension ?I loved your post @Gnosis

@Roy Yes, that is consistent with what I wrote. Leo described this in his process video on discovering truth. 

I don't view Leo's videos as teachings, they are more like reports of exploration.

To teach Love with words is primitive. Words are the least appropriate tool of all human capacities that can make Love flourish and be recognized. It's like using a gun to draw a picture.

Me sharing my bread with you will teach you more about Love than any book and any sentence ever could.

It was not Christs words that made Love flourish, even more so than his ability to heal or his helping of others, it was his Death on the Cross that made Love resonate through Reality in an unprecedented way. A mother does not need to tell her Child that she loves it.

Words, stories and concepts are such a crude and primitve way to communicate or reveal Love. Words are the most indirect way to do and teach this work. Notice that what moved you in Leo's videos was not his words, but his tears. He would need to say nothing, if he simply cried in the face of recognition, it would be more than enough. It would tell us all exactly what we need to know.

Glory to Israel

@Serotoninluv thank you for sharing this.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,