Surfingthewave

Concerns for Leo

233 posts in this topic

@Pookie Hmmm I disagree. Yes I think it is important to distinguish when discussing Mahasamadhi, I just don't know enough about it that's why I am asking. 

What I disagree with is really wanting to help yourself can be from a sense of lack. Why do we pursue enlightenment? 

Edited by Surfingthewave

15 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

False. Ego death is the end of the of you and the whole physical world. The world and body will still be there as an appearance, but you won’t be in the body anymore. You won’t be anywhere. You will be everywhere. 

Do I misunderstand you or are you contradicting yourself? In the First sentence you say if ego death happens it is the end of physical world. In the next sentence you say the physical World will still be there. Please clarify

@Surfingthewave  Yeah any form of seeking is inherently from a place of lack.

The idea that Leo is following this current path from a place of higher wisdom doesn't make a lot of sense. People should be open to the idea that maybe Leo is still seeking, and so he's liable to traps that us seekers fall into on the path to enlightenment.

Sorry this thread has derailed. 

My last question is to @Leo Gura

Did you seek medical advice prior to your retreat or during your retreat?

If so what?

If not why not?

Edited by Surfingthewave

@Surfingthewave It's very unlikely any conventional psychiatrist could provide well-founded advice to someone this far on an unconventional path as Leo. Psychiatry will base its advice on statistics. Leo is walking a path that's one of its kind. Maybe a health expert who understands the effect of psychedelics on the physical body would be useful.
I agree though that any kind of "community" - perhaps a community of chosen spiritual practitioners and psychonauts - could help with reflection. I don't know if Leo has anyone he can open up to deeply and regularly.   

1 hour ago, Meta-Man said:

You can verify to yourself you have no free will very easily. 

I am not a parrot. I’m sharing my understanding, which is very clear at this point. People ask questions on an open forum, and anyone can chime in. That’s a forum!

But ofcourse, anyone is free to reject my message. 

I post on these forums because I enjoy it. I’m quite passionate about this work ;)

belief, belief, belief.

it's not because you operate from chaos that order isn't true. But surely today you operate from this false belief.

Or whatever you feel, I'll not deny your reality, probably real from your perspective and feeling right now.

like you already know everything, good, spreading teaching, like 99.9% of deluded. strange looping myself in the meantime.

anyway, just sharing my <3 you choose the reality you wish for.

maybe I m the deluded monkey who want to liberate himself from the determination of his lizard brain.

maybe currently not possible in the current world, but be careful with operating on belief system as radical.

Edited by GodDesireOnlyLove

Leo around  you were considering  Maha Samadhi here. 

Usually a person doing this might be already be old and sick and it could be a predictive type thing

How were you considering doing this?

Psychiatrist: "So, what brings you in today?"

God: "Yeah, I was hoping you could reassure me that I'm really God."

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

He is allright, he's exactly doing what people have been doing for thousands of years which is called shamanism.

(Unconventional) Psychiatrist "So what brings you in today?" 

(Leo) "Just wondering what impact 5meo will have on my nervous system if I take X amount for 30 days straight?" 

Psychiatrist "It will make you believe you're God". 

39 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

@Surfingthewave It's very unlikely any conventional psychiatrist could provide well-founded advice to someone this far on an unconventional path as Leo. Psychiatry will base its advice on statistics. Leo is walking a path that's one of its kind. Maybe a health expert who understands the effect of psychedelics on the physical body would be useful.
I agree though that any kind of "community" - perhaps a community of chosen spiritual practitioners and psychonauts - could help with reflection. I don't know if Leo has anyone he can open up to deeply and regularly.   

Well said!

32 minutes ago, Principium Nexus said:

He is allright, he's exactly doing what people have been doing for thousands of years which is called shamanism.

Watch the video 1:50:50 

He's having thoughts of suicide.   Is this what you are referring to? 

40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In my case as being The Don, I would respond with the following:

Men and women are fundamentally and biologically different. Science tells us that.

Both good and bad exist. Morality is real and human beings should be moral.

Don't give up on morality. Don't give up on the concept of goodness vs evil.

I'm still on the spiritual path and I like exploring reality but in order for a human being to work and for the society to function, we still need to keep morality and the good and bad concept in place.

Me on the road less traveled.

@Nak Khid It is the idea of heaven, being unbound from all clinging of ego, but eventually you see @Leo Gura comes around the circle.

The ultimate love is the acceptance of the illusion that we so strongly cling to and CARE about, this care however how ridiculous it feels from a fully enlightened perspective is the love that bring us forward into the joy of what life has to give.

35 minutes ago, The Don said:

Both good and bad exist. Morality is real and human beings should be moral.

No, there is only goodness my friend. 

Deep down you know this, but it's a bitter pill to swallow because the ego likes suffering. 

1 hour ago, Surfingthewave said:

@LaucherJunge  @Elisabeth Agreed but Leo is walking a path with 950k+ followers. He has a responsibility. If not, I'm out. 

So what is his responsibility? 

Not to make any mistakes? Hardly realistic. (not saying you're suggesting this)

To remind you he may be wrong? He does that. 

To check with health professionals? I doubt that is his responsibility if that goes against his better judgement and/or feels meaningless to him. 

To be cautious according to your standards?

To be courageous enough to lead by example according to some other people's standard?

To be transparent enough to show us when he did make a mistake? (Well, that would be my standard.)

I agree that Leo has the potential to either elevate or take down hundreds of thousands of people depending on how well he does. That's the risk that every one of us takes by trusting him and emulating any part of his path. Trust is earned in part by taking and showing responsibility, but the risk is still ours. It's good that you're critically evaluating and consider "being out" -- whether you decide to do so or not.

Maybe it's enough for yourself if you check with health professionals before taking 5-meo.
I for myself don't trust new videos too much. 

Edited by Elisabeth

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

He's having thoughts of suicide.

Do not harm your physical body.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

God: "Yeah, I was hoping you could reassure me that I'm really God."

Somehow this topic comes to mind

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki