StarStruck

Derek Moneybird

53 posts in this topic

This guy is a selfmade man. Interesting person to listen to. He is the antithesis of spirituality. Interesting to listen if want to learn more about stage orange spiral dynamics. He got some interesting programs. 

The guy is laying down in a kingly bed & starts the video by bragging about schools, grades & trophies. That's not spirituality. ¬¬

@Elodrai his teachings are non spiritual but it wonderfully compliments Leo’s life purpose course. His 10 commandments course is great. 

Edited by StarStruck

@StarStruck my bad, I didn't catch the 'antithesis part. :|

I skipped through the video & the majority of it is him bragging & feeding his ego. I don't think I can listen to someone who speaks from this perspective & take them seriously. I'm sure that he passes on some wisdom here & there but I see no reason to filter that when there are other, better sources.

24 minutes ago, Elodrai said:

@StarStruck my bad, I didn't catch the 'antithesis part. :|

I skipped through the video & the majority of it is him bragging & feeding his ego. I don't think I can listen to someone who speaks from this perspective & take them seriously. I'm sure that he passes on some wisdom here & there but I see no reason to filter that when there are other, better sources.

What do you recommend?

"Listen man, ego is not your friend."

-- Derek Moneybird 

;)

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki

I like his content, epitome of orange mentality but we can learn from everyone. 

Focus, purpose, discipline, self-control, delaying gratification, strategic thinking, productivity, business, entrepreneurship etc are all great skills that everyone can benefit greatly, even the ones on the spiritual path. I guess is way easier to meditate in a comfortable house without worrying too much about money because you have plenty and you run a successful business through your life purpose etc.

Success is not random.

Oranges scheming ways of success are dying. It's not wise to learn from orange people how to do business since the world is moving onto green rapidly. And you will be slowly rotting away on the inside while listening to them.

Take advice from yellow level businessfolk like Seth Godin or Garry V. 

I struggle to vibe with his content. Anyone I take advice from, or use as a mentor, I ask myself - would I want to be them? Does their perspective seem beneficial to my life?

The answer for Derek seems like no. Sure I can attain material wealth, but at what cost? He doesn't seem like a happy person. 

I'm reminded by two spiritual ideas when I observe him.

''What will it profit a man if he gains the world but loses his soul?'' There is no light energy about him. Everything seems like a zero sum game. People are binary. Productive or unproductive. Useful or not useful. It seems as if he is analyzing people in terms of profitability rather than humanely.

Secondly, in a New Earth, as an example it uses a business man who goes through many painful years to realize his vision of becoming wealthy. As a result of doing so he spews forth toxic energy that impacts his environment. Ultimately he has sacrificed time that he will never recover to achieve something he never needed - and winds up in essentially the same place.

I respect his endeavor and acknowledge his methods are useful for achieving specific goals. I don't appreciate his negative demeanor and lack of joy. In one of his videos he claims he never listens to music - that it is a distraction. He only listens to podcasts or something informative.

Is that the kind of life I would want to live? Clawing at every moment in an attempt to acquire more? His motivations seem to be coming from scarcity, a feeling of never being complete. It seems stressful and not worth it.

I may be wrong. These are just my observations. 

34 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

It's not wise to learn from orange people how to do business since the world is moving onto green rapidly.

Don't forget, Green builds on top of healthy Orange.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Yubb, that's why it would be wise to learn from people like Seth Godin because they've gone through orange and green, and know what to keep and what to discard. But I guess you'd also be giving away your authority to them. I'm ok with a little leap of faith, as you do when you take your car to the mechanic. ;)

@fridjonk there seems to be plenty of prejudice against stage orange here... if we are making is a binary hierarchy and seeing each preceeding stage as purely inferior then we why you learn from Seth, when you can learn from stage Tortoise guys? ;) 

The people judging him have not seen 10 commandments. No doubt if you have lingering orange aspects to deal with he would be a great mentor since he's not gonna bullshit and you won't get away with your fear driven spiritual escapism. Lastly, if you already have had glimpses or hold traits of higher stages, then just frame his advice under your green or higher paradigms and the glove still can fit!

Edited by PenguinPablo

@Ya know Lucky for you that you are past that stage. He is stuck in the stage orange and will suffer tremendously. I feel the same way as you with what you said :)

@PenguinPablo I have no need to judge anybody. I've realized every part of reality is totally good and loving, even devils like Hitler. It might have sounded like I was being judgmental towards orange when I was really just trying to guide them to more conscious business teachers. 

Seth Godin is one of the best out there, he even touches upon turquoise tiny bit it seems. 

Of course, each colour builds on top of the other, keeping the "good" and ditching the unconscious part of the previous one. 

@fridjonk seth is FANTASTIC! :)  

I meant the forum in general. There's strong prejudice against orange but we'd be nonfunctional if we did not integrate all the stages synergistic ally. 

Edited by PenguinPablo

5 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

@fridjonk there seems to be plenty of prejudice against stage orange here... if we are making is a binary hierarchy and seeing each preceeding stage as purely inferior then we why you learn from Seth, when you can learn from stage Tortoise guys? ;) 

The people judging him have not seen 10 commandments. No doubt if you have lingering orange aspects to deal with he would be a great mentor since he's not gonna bullshit and you won't get away with your fear driven spiritual escapism. Lastly, if you already have had glimpses or hold traits of higher stages, then just frame his advice under your green or higher paradigms and the glove still can fit!

There is a lot of hostility against stage orange on this forum. And these are people with 1000+ posts on this forum. In my Neil Degrasse topic people had the same reaction.

If you are triggered by stage orange it means you are just stuck on a slightly higher level, looking down and ridiculing  people who are on the lower stage of consciousness. That might be something to work on. I don't know.

Edited by StarStruck

25 minutes ago, Consept said:

I never really resonated with him but i like other rsd guys, tyler, julien and max. But if he resonates with you theres nothing wrong with that just obviously same advice with any teacher dont take what they say wholesale

Those guys teach other things so that is comparing Apple to a peach. :)

Personally I don’t look at if I like the person or not. I look at what I can learn from the person. 

If a teacher “resonates” with you, there is a chance the teachers will be an echo chamber. I like teachers who are totally different than me  

Edited by StarStruck